In this Discussion

Concert Webcast and Design Competition.

edited November -1 in OK Go

Ooo, my first new topic on the new board.

In case you guys didn't notice the home page of Ok Go's site, they're doing a concert webcast tomorrow and I thought another good boarding viewing party was in order right here!

From the homepage:

"Big, late breaking news for tomorrow, dear fans and friends:

We will be participating in the Creative Allies concert webcast on Monday, May 24th at 6pm PT / 9pm ET with the fantastically talented Amanda Palmer. WILL YOU JOIN US? We hope you will.

They are also running a contest where you get a chance to design the USB drive we’ll be selling on our Fall tour… Submit a design here. And see our existing USB drives here for inspiration.

See you tomorrow on the internets!"

http://www.okgo.net/

(Since we can't preview threads anymore before we post them, I hope this don't look too screwy)

Comments

• Woo-hoo! Yes, boardie viewing party!

I still think that we need to get a chat room on here.

• Snack_Cakes said:

I still think that we need to get a chat room on here.

Amen, sista!

• Well, it looks like I'll be watching after all, so I'll be sure to sign onto an instant messenger program.  I'm PhishRae on AIM.
  • Is 9 ET like new yor time? 

I think I won't be able to watch this it will be way too late for me Cry

• So where is everybody?!?
  • The set was acoustic and they played these songs:

Do What You Want

A Million Ways

Back From Kathmandu

OLISQ

Shooting the Moon

What To Do on handbells. re: the gloves "We do this because it makes us feel like Michael Jackson. Twice."

HIGA

Last Leaf

Wave of Mutilation

Get Over It

This Too Shall Pass

It was…nice.

Actually, it was hilarious in parts. Especially since Tim and Beyonce's baby is going to look like Grace Jones with side burns. Think they'll name it P'Ounce?

• That was one of the most entertaining HIGA performances ever. Laugh

• I wish I could have gone. :( Totally going to name something P'ounce though.
  • TOTALLY MISSED IT.  I literally must have turned it on as they finished.  I feel dead inside :(
  • I only missed the first song, and I only remeber about the concert because I checked my twitter... 

Thank you ok go twitter people!!!!

And yes HIGA was epic!!!! I was just waiting Andy to smack Damian hahahahahha

• samanferr! said:TOTALLY MISSED IT.  I literally must have turned it on as they finished.  I feel dead inside :(

Aww, sorry Sam!

Maybe video will end up on YouTube or somewhere.

• Aww boo!!  Why was it so epic?!  What did I miss?  Why would Andy smack Damian?  I'm so out of the boardie loop!  FAIL!
  • Damian kept giggling during HIGA because he was imagining Tim as a tall black woman and then he forgot the words or simply didn't sing them. It was really amusing. 

• Don't forget when someone in the audience asked for a handbell glove, and Damian said "no they're gross" and the audience person said they didn't mind and Damian said that only made it worse, that their audience didn't care about things being disgusting and gross, and "it makes me feel like a whore."  LOL!

Umm, I retweeted creative allies, it was recorded and will be available to watch later. I'm glad, because that was the best HIGA EVER.

• DJRose said:

Don't forget when someone in the audience asked for a handbell glove, and Damian said "no they're gross" and the audience person said they didn't mind and Damian said that only made it worse, that their audience didn't care about things being disgusting and gross, and "it makes me feel like a whore."  LOL!

Umm, I retweeted creative allies, it was recorded and will be available to watch later. I'm glad, because that was the best HIGA EVER.

Hahahahaha true.... and don't forget that their are gross because they were not washed in a long time....

Tim tried to sing parts of HIGa, but he also could not pull it off, and Damian just keep laughing, and I swear Andy's face was a mix of WTF and stop it now hahahahaha

• Ok, this just got posted on their facebook page: 

"If you missed the webcast last night, it's here: http://bit.ly/okgocawebcast There's a great interview w/ Amanda first, then our set. Enjoy"

with this pic here: 

• I'm only bumping this because I had somehow missed this fabulous photo!

Damn. Look at everybody's eyes POP! Wow! Even Tim's behind his glasses, but Dan's, Andy's and Jason's, whoa!

Um is it ok that I got 23 even though I'm new?

• It really is a great photo.  And the 23 must've been a way of welcoming you. ;-)
  • So I was on creativeallies tonight (I'm working on a couple of unrelated projects), and I decided to browse the OK Go submissions. That make me wonder which Boardies have put their ideas up. Anyone here submit something? Has anyone here submitted to any other projects on CA?

I have yet to decide whether I'll actually throw my hat into the OK Go ring because I've got other things going, and because the stuff I normally do is really time intensive, not for everyone and its individualized nature may not fit the specs. However, I had several ideas immediately after watching that webcast and hearing about the project (several of those ideas, of course, were too similar to what many people have now submitted, which is the other reason I'm undecided).

But some of the ideas up there are really impressive and fabulous, and I was just wondering if any Boardies were responsible.

• I have an idea for one, but I have no talent when it comes to drawing stuff. Since the due date isn't until 8/1/10, I still have some time to figure out "how" to draw something.

A few of the entries are using old stuff which I don't think is necessarily what a band that is going in a new direction with a new label would want. All this is my own opinion, I have no idea what the boys actually want or like. I'm just thinking that it's kinda not so smart to take two steps back instead of a giant leap forward.