Magnet Mag

edited November -1 in OK Go

So Damian really is guest editor this week. http://www.magnetmagazine.com/

I don't have time before my appointments to read everything he's done so far, but I started reading the Q & A.

I love the places where sound turns into emotion. Smile

Comments

• So today's posts from Damian include a cucumber-and-lime based alcoholic beverage and an introduction to James Booker, who used to get funky at the Maple Leaf in NOLA. Damian's favourite track, which he posts a YouTube link to, was really just floating along unremarkably to my ears, not that I dislike Booker, he's just never stayed on my radar long enough to appreciate. I'm pretty particular in my preferences of Louisiana piana' players, see. But then Booker backed into "Heard It Through The Grapevine" and from there, the medley grabbed me by the throat and screamed, "Pay Attention, girl! This is some real music, right here!"

You've got to give this guy a listen!

• This morning marked Damian's last entry as Guest Ed.

It's about the Thingamagoop: http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2010/06/27/from-the-desk-of-ok-gos-damian-kulash-thingamagoop/

• I finally got around to reading his entries last night, while listening to that New Jack Swing mix he posted from YouTube.  Good stuff, but my favorite article from him still is the one on why girls shouldn't date musicians. :-)

• Where's that one at? I'm not sure I've read it.

I have one of those, too (Well, several, actually…I can never take my own adviceYell). My articles aren't so much why girls shouldn't date musicians, as they are about what to do when you've already made the mistake. Wink

Never mind. I found it (I am too old to have been an Elle Girl in 2005. You'd think that would mean I'd grown out of needing this type of advice, but nooooo....). Funny. Cute. Very True. A shark in a cage is still a shark!

That's never really bothered me, though. Perhaps because I, too, crave being crammed in a small space hurtling down the highway toward the next gig (before I had this power wheelchair, I once rode from Seattle to San Fran wedged beneath a Hammond B3!). That's not to say Damian's warnings were lost on me, I know I shouldn't feed the bassist, but I just can't help myself. :D