In this Discussion

Goofy Giggles and Witty Wordplay

2»

Comments

• "precious, suspicious, and charming, and vicious."

*guh* I love that line.

I started a thread a few months back to contain my musings on the words of the lyrics of the songs:

http://www.okgo.net/community/.....of-lyrics/

My rapturous celebration of Damian's lyrics therein reside.

Stephen Fry – wordsmith, among many other things. If you love words, you need to know about Stephen Fry.

Check out his book "An Ode Less Traveled." It's about writing poetry, but it is more basic than that because he focuses on the WORDS.

–How did I come across him? Heehee. Hugh Laurie from 'House' – and Bertie Wooster, as it turns out. That man is sex on legs. So, looking up stuff about Laurie brings you to Fry because they are besties from college.–

Christel here coined a word for Damian's language gymnastics: (hope I get the spelling right) VernaKulash

Anyway.. have fun!

• Thanks! The "poetry of lyrics" page looks great! And I will definitely check out Stephen Fry's "Ode Less Travelled."

Christel's portmanteau "VernaKulash" is wonderful. And I guess a lot of the words in that VernaKulash are themselves portmanteau words, so the term is esp. appropriate, and meta in that way that can make you dizzy if you think about it too hard. Which I'm just not a'gonna do.

Can't afford to be dizzy now, got to do some much-needed housecleaning! But I will enjoy more of the lyrics while I work.

• violetchaos364 said:

Christel here coined a word for Damian's language gymnastics: (hope I get the spelling right) VernaKulash

NICE. I like that word. A LOT.

I also really really like this thread. It reminds me of all the words my friends and I used to make up. Well, not so much make up as accidentally typo in IM windows and then grow to love. But sadly I think they are not quite up to par with VernaKulash.

• for a second i thought this was a pun thread…. I LOVE PUNS

everyone always just says oh no and tells me its the lowest form of humour… but I don't care…

My favourite pun right now:

theres this bubble tea shop called "TASTE TEA"

OH my! how are you not bawling in laughter and on the floor?!

thats… my contribution… and I don't feel shame either.