In this Discussion

family/boyfriends/ friends reactions to ur ok go love

edited November -1 in OK Go
when i wrote on my facebook i was going to an ok go gig at the end of the month, wen my boyfriend saw it he said he didn't think anything and wen my mum came home from her holiday ands i said, 'i'm gonna c ok go!' she was like, 'who's that?' so what i wanna know is, do u get the same reactions from ur boyfriends/ family etc to ur ok go fandom, or it more enthusiastic than my cases lol

Comments

• I had heard of OK Go and liked the two songs I knew of but wasn't a fan until the first concert. My brother told me they were coming to town and tickets were dirt cheap so we went. After that I was hooked and I bought their albums. I made my mom listen to them because we share musical tastes and now she's hooked too. My husband doesn't like their music and he acts a little jealous just to bug me. He's not really jealous. I hope.
  • My husband is very cool and supportive about my obsession. He even took 350 photos for me during the last show we went to...but he also did something that could have easily been construed as being an unconsciously hostile gesture (long story) but on the whole I have to give him credit for being very awesome about it. Now lets hope I haven't jinxed myself and he suddenly starts to get resentful or something Surprised
  • cool wen i told my boyfriend's mum i was gonna see them, she thought i meant Blancmange, because there used to be an advert for nutrient supplements on tv that had treadmills in it, wiv 'dancing on the ceiling' playing on it

• Oh man, In high school, Everyone's tired of my constant obsessing. But I don't blame them, and plus, I think they've gotten used to it. XD

But it does bug some kids who had a teacher last year who was obsessed with OK Go and Weezer.

Whatever. XD

• Arrynisawesome said:

Oh man, In high school, Everyone's tired of my constant obsessing. But I don't blame them, and plus, I think they've gotten used to it. XD

But it does bug some kids who had a teacher last year who was obsessed with OK Go and Weezer.

Whatever. XD

What? A cool teacher and your classmates didn't appreciate it?! What are they teaching in that school!

• Tempe Arizona said:
    Arrynisawesome said:

Oh man, In high school, Everyone's tired of my constant obsessing. But I don't blame them, and plus, I think they've gotten used to it. XD

Whatever. XD

What? A cool teacher and your classmates didn't appreciate it?! What are they teaching in that school!

Actually, It was the Catholic school's teacher. I was from the school the next town over. And all the schools merged in High school and I heard all about horrible Mr.Champagn (I know, AWESOME name) and how he would bug the crap out of the kids in his class with his indie obsession and Vegan-ism. He's moved on to another job now, but I will hunt that man down and give him a high five!

• my best friends are like

WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THIS OK GO IN YOUR TUMBLR

and im like 

BITCH UNFOLLOW ME IT AINT GONNA STOP

hahaha

kidding. they don't really complain to my face like "what is up with all this rubbish?". they are always like trynna to be supportive of my fangirlyness happiness, but when I start talking about HOW GREAT THEIR LAST VIDEO WAS or HOW FUNNY IT WAS WHEN DAMIAN MET KERMIT

they are just like *smiling* *no idea what she just said expression in their faces*

and then, I just stop.

my family thinks I'm crazy, they're always like "IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR YEARS, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP IT AND WORK"

• laeticia said:

my best friends are like

WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THIS OK GO IN YOUR TUMBLR

and im like 

BITCH UNFOLLOW ME IT AINT GONNA STOP

hahaha

kidding. they don't really complain to my face like "what is up with all this rubbish?". they are always like trynna to be supportive of my fangirlyness happiness, but when I start talking about HOW GREAT THEIR LAST VIDEO WAS or HOW FUNNY IT WAS WHEN DAMIAN MET KERMIT

they are just like *smiling* *no idea what she just said expression in their faces*

and then, I just stop.

my family thinks I'm crazy, they're always like "IT'S BEEN LIKE THIS FOR YEARS, WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP IT AND WORK"

OMG. We are the same person, bahaha. My tumblr is filled with OK Go stuff too and my friends react the same way XD A couple of them are into OK Go but I wouldn't say they have an obsession like I do. Yes, I call it an obsession. I have come to terms with the matter that I am in fact obsessed with an amazing band filled with four amazing boys.

Whenever I talk about OK Go or get all fan girlish some people just give me weird looks but most people that know me well are used to it by now Smile

• dunkgreener said:

OMG. We are the same person, bahaha. My tumblr is filled with OK Go stuff too and my friends react the same way XD A couple of them are into OK Go but I wouldn't say they have an obsession like I do. Yes, I call it an obsession. I have come to terms with the matter that I am in fact obsessed with an amazing band filled with four amazing boys.

Whenever I talk about OK Go or get all fan girlish some people just give me weird looks but most people that know me well are used to it by now Smile

HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah, just like that!

but it's okay though, they know how I get too so yeah, it's all good xD

• The people around me have become used to my love for OK Go. My mom knows a few of their songs (which is really impressive and pretty awesome considering her English isn't the greatest), my best friend gets just as excited as I do when a new video comes out, and my brother loves their music almost as much as I do (almost...). And my sister is pretty supportive of by obsession, too. As are my other friends. When Fuse was having the video of the year thing going on, I sent an email out to all my friends and they all voted because they love me (I guess, haha). I'd say I'm pretty lucky with the people around me. There is one guy, though, in my online class that annoys the hell out of me... he's always insulting OK Go because he knows how obsessed I am. Other than that, though, everyone's awesome.

Oh, I almost left out my chemistry teacher- she claims OK Go is her favorite band in the world (it's really not), but she does so just to make me happy.