In this Discussion

Mad Idea

edited November -1 in OK Go

Hi all!

I'm Russian. I'm a big fan of OK Go. Is there anyone else from Russia? And I want to see my idols in Moscow or in St. Petersburg =)

Comments

• The thing about St Petersburg I was never there myself

• Aw Samanferr Wink I stopped myself from posting that earlier... thank you for giving in to the urge!

And1k - I always think it would be brilliant to set up like a "package tour" for several independent bands from the US. My former roommate lived and worked in Russia for a long time, and we always talked about how great that would be for bands we know to tour there. I felt it would be easier if it was more like a package tour, but we never got around to doing anything about it. Maybe I should renew the idea?

However, I'm sure OKGo would love to come back to Russia and play in St. Petersburg if there was funding and interest enough to make it feasible.

Oh, and I can explain the sadness about the Romanovs, if Damian still doesn't understand... Wink

• samanferr! said:

The thing about St Petersburg I was never there myself

Damn, you beat me to it.

• and1k said:

Hi all!

I'm Russian. I'm a big fan of OK Go. Is there anyone else from Russia? And I want to see my idols in Moscow or in St. Petersburg =)

Hi and1k

I'm not from Russia, but my sister is teaching herself to speak the Russian language. She told me to say to you, "Privyet. Priatno paznakomitsa"! (For everyone else, that means "Hello. Pleased to meet you.")

Welcome! Laugh

• Hello and1k!! 

And what a nice welcome, Tempe!

(Math = 23!)

• Sometimes I feel like this: Like I'm a lonely ok go fan island in the middle of a giant ocean and I cannot help but wonder where the other fans are.  

Anyways, I live in Seattle and I'm an OK Go fan and I think this would be a good topic, maybe it already exists, but just wondering, where ya from? 

• Tempe Arizona said:

and1k said:

Hi all!

Hi and1k

I'm not from Russia, but my sister is teaching herself to speak the Russian language. She told me to say to you, "Privyet. Priatno paznakomitsa"! (For everyone else, that means "Hello. Pleased to meet you.")

Welcome!
    Laugh

"Privyet. Priatno paznakomitsa"!

I understood that! Although I live in the Netherlands, I'm half Russian.

I also feel like I'm the only OK Go fan in the whole country sometimes. Whenever I talk to someone about OK Go, they are like: "What's that?" Or, I had this twice I think, they said: "Oh, they're that band with those videos."

So I'm wondering, are there any other fans from Holland? Or from Russia? And if not, *repeating Josiah's question* where are you from?
  • I was born in Holland myself, but moved to America when I was two. So alas, I can only barely understand the language, much less speak it.

OK Go has been to Russia before. Can't remember when, but I've heard that. :)
  • Yeah I remember a video of Damian explaining Russian sadness while at a Moscow flea market. So they've been to Russia. That video was uploaded in June 2007, so they must have been there around that time. Hey wait - I was also in Moscow that summer! Too bad I didn't really know OK Go yet when I was there. That would have been awesome; to see them there!

And it's so cool that you were born in Holland! Woohoo, another fan with Dutch roots! :) I'm wondering, do you often come back to Holland? I usually go to Russia about once in two years.