DaVinci Days Corvallis Oregon

edited November -1 in OK Go

http://www.davincidays.org/mus.....-q–a

Why does nobody tell me these things in advance? Why can I not drive (and why does being in a wheelchair now require moe than 12 hours to purchase a bus ticket, and why does the Greyhound not have more schedules running between these towns anymore, anyway? And why is my power chair still screwy? And why won't anyone I've called agree to throw my manual chair in their trunk and chauffeur me?)?

This is four missed opportunities in less than 2 months.

I am literally crying so hard right now that I've just injured myself… Cry

Comments

• Oh, i"m sorry....that sucks!

OMG maybe I can go though....now I really want to!!!!

!!!!

• Oh Aiden, please do go. And take lots of photos, and more sneaky pictures if the chance arises, and them share them with me and the other Boardies. Kiss

I hope you can go. It's only $20 at the gate (or less if you order tonight, I think). Da Vinci Days is so fun (from what I recall, I haven't been in yonks). People build weird stuff, and that's always good.

• Sorry, put a post in the wrong spot. Nothing to see here. Well there was an entry from the Kinetic Challenge, but the pic won't post.

• The local access station in Corvallis filmed the entire event at the Majestic. Apparently it will air soon. Unfortunately, I'm not in the viewing area (or else I'd have been there, obviously) so I can't tape it, but if someone lurking here is, be on the lookout.

Also, please don't mind my one-fingered,wrong-handed typing... My arm got in the way of a security door. Yell

• The local access station in Corvallis filmed the entire event at the Majestic. Apparently it will air soon. Unfortunately, I'm not in the viewing area (or else I'd have been there, obviously) so I can't tape it, but if someone lurking here is, be on the lookout.

Dang, that sucks. I wish I could see it.

Anyway, first I have to say that I didn't get many pics. I was in the front row and I was a little bit distracted. But I made friends with the lady sitting next to me who was taking a ton of pics and she might email them to me soon-ish. Honestly, it wasn't a huge visual event. The guys just sat there on stage the entire time and drank a local IPA (which got cheers from the audience). 

Also, I don't really have a ton of time right now so I'm just going to summarize and then if you want to ask questions, go ahead. I'll answer them.

So in essence it was an OK Go film fest, we watched every music video save Get Over It (which makes sense, the whole thing was all about how their videos weren't just an ad for the music.) Then there was a Youtube montage which had a ton of clips from all their youtube vids and some fan clips like the guy who did the fantastic drum cover. I was really surprised, there was a TON of people there who knew the band as "the treadmill guys," and there was chatter during the videos and people were saying "Oh these guys are pretty cool" and "WTF? Look at the duck/goose!" Then the band came on and the moderator started asking questions, getting an intro from the guys, and having a pretty generic convo, eventually coming to the topic of their White Knuckles video being filmed in Eugene. Then came the audience questions. So a lot of questions were wasted on "Where did you guys meet?" and "How did you come up with the name OK Go?" and "How did you guys get on Rock Band?" Eventually I got to ask my question, and since I was going to ask about White Knuckles, i went in a completely different direction and asked "If you were a Muppet, what Muppet would you be?" They all said Animal at first, then Damian said Sam the eagle, I forgot what Tim said, Andy asked if he could be Kermit because Kermit was awesome, and Dan said that he had a special connection with Animal (cue laughter from me and no one else) and then finally said the sax player from the band. I think it's Zoot (sp?). 

Then they finished, and left the stage, and I snuck through an emergency door to the alley in the back and ambushed Dan. He is so fricking nice. I'll put my personal experiences in another post.

• ZOMFG Podcasts! Here's a short one from the Q&A about the White Knuckles video.

http://podcasts.mvourtown.com/.....c-theatre/

Edit: Full article:

http://www.gazettetimes.com/entertainment/article_a2913b9e-929c-11df-b87a-001cc4c002e0.html

• Aleatory said:

The local access station in Corvallis filmed the entire event at the Majestic. Apparently it will air soon. Unfortunately, I'm not in the viewing area (or else I'd have been there, obviously) so I can't tape it, but if someone lurking here is, be on the lookout.

Dang, that sucks. I wish I could see it.

Anyway, first I have to say that I didn't get many pics. I was in the front row and I was a little bit distracted. But I made friends with the lady sitting next to me who was taking a ton of pics and she might email them to me soon-ish. Honestly, it wasn't a huge visual event. The guys just sat there on stage the entire time and drank a local IPA (which got cheers from the audience). 

Also, I don't really have a ton of time right now so I'm just going to summarize and then if you want to ask questions, go ahead. I'll answer them.

So in essence it was an OK Go film fest, we watched every music video save Get Over It (which makes sense, the whole thing was all about how their videos weren't just an ad for the music.) Then there was a Youtube montage which had a ton of clips from all their youtube vids and some fan clips like the guy who did the fantastic drum cover. I was really surprised, there was a TON of people there who knew the band as "the treadmill guys," and there was chatter during the videos and people were saying "Oh these guys are pretty cool" and "WTF? Look at the duck/goose!" Then the band came on and the moderator started asking questions, getting an intro from the guys, and having a pretty generic convo, eventually coming to the topic of their White Knuckles video being filmed in Eugene. Then came the audience questions. So a lot of questions were wasted on "Where did you guys meet?" and "How did you come up with the name OK Go?" and "How did you guys get on Rock Band?" Eventually I got to ask my question, and since I was going to ask about White Knuckles, i went in a completely different direction and asked "If you were a Muppet, what Muppet would you be?" They all said Animal at first, then Damian said Sam the eagle, I forgot what Tim said, Andy asked if he could be Kermit because Kermit was awesome, and Dan said that he had a special connection with Animal (cue laughter from me and no one else) and then finally said the sax player from the band. I think it's Zoot (sp?). 

Then they finished, and left the stage, and I snuck through an emergency door to the alley in the back and ambushed Dan. He is so fricking nice. I'll put my personal experiences in another post.

You scared me for a second there with the "being filmed in Eugene" thing… if it was actually filming here, that'd mean it wasn't a doppelganger I have been seeing and it really is Dan (which is possible anyway, being so close to Corvallis, he could be staying with friends here or something). It would also mean the universe is a mean and heartless trickster, so I won't think about it.

Sam the Eagle and Zoot, that's awesomesocks! I always want to ask people what Muppet they'd be (when I do, they almost always say Animal. Except Will Sheff who has expressed a leaning toward Janice, the hippie chick lead guitarist Cool). None of them chose Floyd? Floyd's the coolest member of the Electric Mayhem! He's the basisst, he dates Janice. and he gets to hang with Animal all the time, not to mention the bass and the really cool threads! I can't believe no one in OKGo would be Floyd.

I can't believe no one in OKGo would be Gonzo. Laugh

Maybe they were tired and said Zoot because he's always nodding off…

I was listening to the podcast yesterday/this morning (Jade posted the link in another thread). I love listening to Damian ramble… however, I do wish the others would speak up more.

• I wish they talked more too but Damian talks so much that the others can barely get a word in haha
  • squashedbanana said:I wish they talked more too but Damian talks so much that the others can barely get a word in haha

Someday we'll have to sneak in before a presentation and, you know, distract him, so he's late to the stage. To give Tim, Dan and Andy a head start.

That would be the nice thing, anyway, a distraction. Because my first thought was not so much nice as naughty (Operation: Muzzle The Kulash). Embarassed

• Hahahaha ;)

Well...why don't we give him a treasure map to find the Lego booty thats 'hidden' somewhere on site :D

Or we could just switch his coffee to decaf so he's not as hyper...

Muzzling the Kulash will be the last resort

• squashedbanana said:

Hahahaha ;)

Well...why don't we give him a treasure map to find the Lego booty thats 'hidden' somewhere on site :D

Or we could just switch his coffee to decaf so he's not as hyper...

Muzzling the Kulash will be the last resort

Now I want an OKGo Scavenger Hunt.

I'm also picturing a retro tv commercial: "What Damian doesn't know is that we've switched his espresso for decaf... Let's see what happens..."

Do you think that decaffeinating Damian might be more inhumane than the muzzle? I do. We might get in trouble with a human rights organization. Surprised

• ChristelAdina said:

I was listening to the podcast yesterday/this morning (Jade posted the link in another thread). I love listening to Damian ramble… however, I do wish the others would speak up more.

D, T, and A did talk a lot because there were two mics. Just not in the official anwering of questions. And Tim may have said Floyd, I just don't remember. When someone asked what their official roles in the band were, Damian had the mic and then said, "I talk" and handed it to Tim, which I thought was funny :)

• Haha, there's no doubt about Damian's role :P

What did the others say?

Did Andy say "being awesome"?

• squashedbanana said:

He should have, for sure! Wink

• squashedbanana said:

Haha, there's no doubt about Damian's role :P

What did the others say?

Well, actually Andy said he was the IT guy. There were a lot of jokes about him being a programmer.

Kind of the gist of it...I'm doing it from memory

Damian: Well, *some guy that's not rusty* is the best programmer we know.

Andy: **cough**

Dami: Oh, well, second best programmer.

Andy: Thanks.

Dami: Andy's kind of the IT guy.

Andy: Yeah, every time we need a program for a video or something, I code it. Whenever there's a little piece of tech we need, I build it. *grits teeth* Whenever someone's email is down, I have to fix it.

Dan: Fix my iMail, fix my iMail! Oh wait, it's not called iMail.

• Nice set of photos on flickr

Clicky