In this Discussion

Paracadet Productions

edited November -1 in OK Go
So this idea came to me while I was editing the White Knuckles dance booth video. That was an awesome collaboration, and there was a real inspirational spirit to the whole thing. Some people from tumblr (some of us [if not all, I can't keep track] are boardies too) had also done a thank you video for OK Go in December, which we're really proud of. So since there seems to be a general desire to be creative in the OK Go fan community (on the boards, on tumblr, even in some of the youtube comments on the WK video), I thought it wold be great to get together a sort of official group whose sole purpose is to keep making videos that are inspired by OK Go. They could potentially be skits, short films, reenactments, more dance videos, or really anything that is inspired by the wonderful world of OK Go. We will call ourselves Paracadet Productions, and our mission will be to keep making awesome stuff for fun and for the love of OK Go and creativity.

The idea is that anyone can be involved with any project they'd like, but there is no obligation as a Paracadet to be involved in all projects or even all aspects of a single project. So it's kind of a come and go as you please group. Though I would like to create a committee of "constant" members, a small-ish core group of people to keep up with organization and generally be the overseers of all the projects and the group in general. If you're interested in being on this committee, let me know! I realize that many of you have busy schedules, so don't feel like you have to get that committed to be involved with the group. Feel free and don't hesitate to join us for a project when you do have the time.

I am going to make a facebook group for ease in planning and announcements. (This thread will be here for anyone who doesn't use fb or is uncomfortable giving their fb out to random people they only know online.) That will be our home base to brainstorm, pick ideas, and organize everything. Let me know if you'd like to join, because I think I'm going to make the group either private or secret. I haven't decided just yet.

Lastly, I just want to note that the point of this is simple - to have fun while making unique, creative, and entertaining videos, each of which is inspired by OK Go in some fashion, for anybody who wants to watch them. We are in no way affiliated with OK Go or Paracadute, nor do we expect anything from them. We are just a group of fans that are so inspired by OK Go that we cannot help but create.

So with that, I officially welcome every one of you to join Paracadet Productions on this sure-to-be-magical journey of epicness! Our first project will be started soon, but it has not been chosen as such, so ideas are welcome!

Comments

• I volunteer for the committee, I like organizing things. I have a tight schedule but I have a quality internet time everyday (at least a couple of hours). 

As I have said to you before, I think this idea is awesome! <3
  • Sounds great!  Happy to help in any way Smile
  • Oooo! i volunteer for the communitee to :D
  • All right! I made a facebook group. Here's the link.

Linkage

If you have trouble joining, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help.Smile
  • That sounds so cool! If I join I can tell you beforehand I won't be one of the constant ones. Pf. But still, really cool idea.
  • Well, you all have certainly put me in my place.

Of course. How dare I come to the "public" board with an idea. Had any of you said something nice to me, I might participated, but after three "hate mails" from your "friends" I consider myself put in my place. So sorry to have handled a creative idea so poorly that it would end up with political implications. That hurts. And to the one of you who replied, homophobia has no place in today's society. Nor in OK Go's universe (I hope).

I hope the band eventually recognizes the detriment of the "boardies" domination of the OK Go universe. Their friends have made me feel like an outsider. Thanks. Way to sell records folks.

I'll be leaving the boards now. Best of luck to you all. And thanks for the truly nasty words. That made me feel so unwelcome here. Cry
  • Okay...so i'm really confused about what DancesWithDingo said. Is it true that some boardies are trash talking to DancesWithDingo? Well Anyways I'm sorry if anyone on here made you feel bad and we will miss you.
  • daisychains - You should join the fb group regardless! We'd love to hear your thoughts on ideas and such even if you can't always help with their execution.

DancesWithDingo - I have to say, I really have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry if you feel unwelcome for some reason, but I assure you that my introduction of this idea has nothing to do with you, nor is it an attempt to "put you in your place." I consider myself somewhat of an aspiring filmmaker, and this is something I've been working out in my head since mid-February as a good way for me and others to express our appreciation of OK Go while getting good video-making practice. I did my best in my description to get the point across that this is for everyone, and there is no reason why anyone should feel they are excluded. If that was not obvious in my post, then I regret not stating so more explicitly. Moreover, I am unaware of any occurrences of hate mail. If there was indeed such correspondence, then I really must ask that any discussion of that be taken elsewhere, as this is not a thread for airing grievances, but one for the express purpose of sharing ideas and organizing the production thereof.
  • Wow. That couldn't have been worded any warmer or fuzzier than if it were written by a legal team. Best of luck to ya with your plans.

As I said, I'm outta here. I came here for fun and creativity. I don't go for hate. Period. There's no place for that in the OK Go universe. (unless I'm wrong).

Slinking back to "lurker" position as two of you all would likely prefer me to be in. Frown
  • I'd love to try to be on the committee.  :D
  • Awesome Skylar! I'll get you all set up in the fb group if someone hasn't already done that.
  • I'd love to be on the committee, too! Although I'm a bit camera shy, I'd love to help with the ideas and such things.

I don't have a facebook account, though...Frown
  • Don't worry about not having a fb account. You can still be just as involved as everybody else. The way I see it, there are three options. You can make a fb account just for the purpose of joining the group and not use it for other facebook-y type things. Or if that seems like too much trouble I can email you all of the important info such as ideas that people are discussing and then I can paste your replies into the fb account for you (which I don't mind doing as I am a copy/paste ninja). Or I (or one of the other committee members perhaps...well really anyone who wants to) can copy the ideas and such to this thread. That last might be the best option as that way the discussion would be available to everyone and it wouldn't so much matter if people preferred using fb or the boards.

Or if anyone else has suggestions about this, please speak up! Smile
  • Oh I would LOOOVE to help out with this. So is it going to be like, a youtube account? Or some type of blog site? Or will it be connected through several sites?

This is an AMAZING idea. Great job!
  • Yeah, I'm going to make a youtube account. I don't think we're going to make a blog-ish site, at least not for now. If we feel like we need one later, I'm all for that. But for now I think we'll do just fine through youtube, especially with embedding enabled. Laugh

I'm glad you're excited about this!
  • LOL, super excited!

So is there any criteria to these videos?

Oh yes, and I joined the FB group. And if you need any help with anything, I'll be happy to lend a hand. :D

EDIT: New possible slogan: PARACADET PRIDE! LOL!
  • Arrynisawesome said:

Haha, love it!

I'm pretty excited for this, too. I can only imagine how fun it'll be! Laugh
  • silver12 said:

Arrynisawesome said:

Haha, love it!

I'm pretty excited for this, too. I can only imagine how fun it'll be! Laugh

I'm glad! XD I know, I can't wait for us to start on something! :D :D :D
  • I joined the Facebook group. :D
  • Ok, so I need a little help. Usually, I'm good with keeping up to track with everything on the internet, but the unfortunite thing is that my monitor broke last week so I haven't been able to go on facebook since facebook is blocked at school! D: (Oddly, Twitter is not.)

So if anyone was a really wonderful, nice and amazing person, Do you think that somebody could please just quickly run down what's happening on the Paracadet page on facebook than I would be SO GRATEFUL!

Thank you!