In this Discussion

Video Games and Such

edited November -1 in OK Go
We've had a few brief discussions in various threads about OK Go's involvement with Rock Band, Band Hero, Guitar Hero on Tour, but I felt it wouldn't be a bad idea to have an official Video Game thread.

First of all, News: http://www.destructoid.com/3ds-gets-a-system-update-3d-ok-go-video-197140.phtml

If you get a 3DS (which I got to preview at PAX East 2 weeks ago), you get to watch White Knux in 3D on it.  Bad. Ass.  When I told Adam this morning, he said "We're going to have to buy the 3DS, aren't we?"  And I said "No, I don't need to have a $200 piece of equipment to watch one video that I've seen before."  His response? "Are you SURE?"  I then conceded and told him to ask me in 6 months. ;-)  My husband knows me so well.  I <3 him.

And for the sake of doing so, here's a list of all the OK Go songs you can play in video games:

Here It Goes Again: Rock Band (all), Tap Tap Revenge (3 and 4, if you bought it for 3 you have to re-buy for 4)

Do What You Want: Guitar Hero On Tour (DS version), Tap Tap Revenge (same conditions as above)

A Million Ways: Band Hero

White Knuckles: Rock Band 3 (available as DLC), Tap Tap Revenge (3 only, for some crazy reason), Cinepuzzle

White Knuckles Remix: Rock Band 3 (available as DLC)

Shooting the Moon: Rock Band 3 (available as DLC)

End Love: Cinepuzzle

If I'm missing anything please let me know, mostly because I want to go play it! :-)

Comments

• While this is an excellent thread, all I can think of is YOU WENT TO PAX EAST?
    So jealous right now. Someday I want to go to PAX.
  • I've been to PAX East twice and PAX Prime back when it was just plain old PAX a few years ago.  My husband is a HUGE Penny Arcade fan.  You definitely owe it to yourself to check it out.  It's loads of fun. :-) 

My favorite PAX memory was at my first PAX in Seattle a few years ago.  I told Tycho/Jerry that he needed to check out OK Go.
  • Are you saying that OK Go has never been on any sports games?

I could of sworn I'd seen an article about that ages ago. I'll look it up right now. :D
  • You know, you're right. I think Get Over It was on a Madden soundtrack, but I don't remember which.  If you can find it, gold star.
  • On it. XD
  • Madden NFL 2003.

YESSSS. XD
  • Arrynisawesome said:

Madden NFL 2003.

YESSSS. XD

Ha, Damian actually talked about this at the Louisville concert last year. The first time they played in Louisville, they played a gig where there were about 14 people in the room, including the bartenders. There was dead silence until they played Get Over It and some dude screamed, "TOUCHDOWN!".
  • beckysioux said:

Arrynisawesome said:

Madden NFL 2003.

YESSSS. XD

Ha, Damian actually talked about this at the Louisville concert last year. The first time they played in Louisville, they played a gig where there were about 14 people in the room, including the bartenders. There was dead silence until they played Get Over It and some dude screamed, "TOUCHDOWN!".

OMG. That's amazing! It sucks that they had so little people though. :D
  • DJRose said:

And for the sake of doing so, here's a list of all the OK Go songs you can play in video games:

Here It Goes Again: Rock Band (all), Tap Tap Revenge (3 and 4, if you bought it for 3 you have to re-buy for 4)

Do What You Want: Guitar Hero On Tour (DS version), Tap Tap Revenge (same conditions as above)

White Knuckles: Rock Band 3 (available as DLC), Tap Tap Revenge (3 only, for some crazy reason), Cinepuzzle

WTF?: Cinepuzzle

This Too Shall Pass: Cinepuzzle

This Too Shall Pass (Marching Band Version): Cinepuzzle

Last Leaf: Cinepuzzle

All is Not Lost: Cinepuzzle

Also Team Paracadute recently posted about a game called Radballs (for iPhone etc) that features two OK Go remixes, but I don't know which songs because I haven't downloaded it yet.

If I'm missing anything please let me know, mostly because I want to go play it! :-)

I'm editing this list down here because I can't do it in the original post (?).
  • Bumping for new Cinepuzzle and new game.
  • Love that game, but I'll neverr get any work done ever again!
  • We Sing Rock is a karaoke game for the Wii only available in the UK currently.  It has HIGA.

http://wii.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/12/we_sing_rock_wii

http://www.wesinggame.com/index.php?/site/songs

My favorite part of the review page?  This comment: "Shouldn't the presence of Limp Bizkit automatically make this game a 1/10?"
  • Here It Goes Again is on Everybody Dance for the PS3.(They also have You Got It (The Right Stuff) by NKOTB :D)

And it's called Dance Star Party in Australia. I wish they had shown what you see on the game, but you can see some kids playing it instead. Kinda makes me wonder what the hell the dance moves are.

• DJRose said:

DJRose said:

WTF?: Cinepuzzle

This Too Shall Pass: Cinepuzzle

This Too Shall Pass (Marching Band Version): Cinepuzzle

Last Leaf: Cinepuzzle

All is Not Lost: Cinepuzzle

Also Team Paracadute recently posted about a game called Radballs (for iPhone etc) that features two OK Go remixes, but I don't know which songs because I haven't downloaded it yet.

I'm editing this list down here because I can't do it in the original post (?).

I think those two remixes for the app are End Love and All Is Not Lost.