In this Discussion

O'Fallon Heritage and Freedom Festival 7-4-11

2»

Comments

• Wow, I feel like it has been YEARS since I have been on the boards, but I am SOOOOOO glad to be back Laugh

OK, that being said, Becky you did a fantabulous job summarizing that amazing show in O'Fallon... I would only add the fact that you & Kris were so wonderful to help me get through the mud pit to get on the rail.  It was an honor to be right in front of Damian and to be there to pass his mike stand and to be "shin support" when he was on top of the rail  Cool  Best show so far for me...  AND what can be better than getting a little conversation with Damian after the show?   *sigh*  oh, "heck" that deserves two *sighs* (see, I learned how to properly censor from the best- thanks, DK Wink)

BeckiWitte- Thanks  for your kind words about Ethan (11 yrs.); that's my boy Laugh!  He's been fully indoctrinated into OK Go fandom (along with his brother & sister and our dear friends Kris & her girls (also in the vid)).  Were really lucky to have a little OK Go fan concentration here in rural southern WI! 

I am going to try to post my pics to Flikr (new for me... I know, I know- "get with the times...")  I'll link soon.

(math is 1+2=  must be easing me back on the boards- lol!)
  • That's so awesomeeeee.  :DDD
  • Totalgeek42 said:

That's so awesomeeeee.  :DDD

I just got done reading your post on Pilobolus...sounds like you had a super AWESOME night, too Cool  YAY!!
  • jamdkoff said:

Wow, I feel like it has been YEARS since I have been on the boards, but I am SOOOOOO glad to be back Laugh

OK, that being said, Becky you did a fantabulous job summarizing that amazing show in O'Fallon... I would only add the fact that you & Kris were so wonderful to help me get through the mud pit to get on the rail.  It was an honor to be right in front of Damian and to be there to pass his mike stand and to be "shin support" when he was on top of the rail  Cool  Best show so far for me...  AND what can be better than getting a little conversation with Damian after the show?   *sigh*  oh, "heck" that deserves two *sighs* (see, I learned how to properly censor from the best- thanks, DK Wink)

BeckiWitte- Thanks  for your kind words about Ethan (11 yrs.); that's my boy Laugh!  He's been fully indoctrinated into OK Go fandom (along with his brother & sister and our dear friends Kris & her girls (also in the vid)).  Were really lucky to have a little OK Go fan concentration here in rural southern WI! 

I am going to try to post my pics to Flikr (new for me... I know, I know- "get with the times...")  I'll link soon.

(math is 1+2=  must be easing me back on the boards- lol!)

I'm glad you're back. You should visit the Boards more often.

And like I said before, I would pull you through the mud again in a heartbeat to be sure you got a good spot for the show.

Also, I'm excited to see what vids Kris got.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Ethan seems like a really cool kid.  I hope to meet him (and you) at a concert someday.
  • Becky, may I just applaud your amazing camera skillz? Because they truely are amazing. Out of all the youtube videos I've seen from concerts and whatnot, yours are best. You keep the camera so straight and clear when usually other videos either: A) are shakey as hell or B) have the microphone covered up, so you can't hear. D:

Also, I was watching those videos (From other users) before I read this and got SUPER JELLY that that person (Most likely you, duh) got to hold his hand. But I'm really happy for you, that dosn't happen every day y'know.

Question, does he bring his amazing bleep machine to every concert? I'm noticing that it kind of looks a little beat up.

Becky, what camera do you use? (Tech geek right here LOL)

Also, that is the cutest kid ever. I WANT TO BE ON DAMIAN'S LEG. LOL
  • Thanks, Arryn!

Do you think you could you post a link to the video you saw of TTSP from the show? I've been searching and can't find it anywhere. I'd love to see what it looked like from a different angle.

Yes, Damian brings his bleep machine to all the shows. He uses one for Needing/Getting. That night he had three on hand, but only used the one. I wonder how many he actually has.

As for my camera, for this show I used my Kodak Z712 IS. This is my favorite camera, though it's pretty beat up. It's been to hell and back a few times. But it keeps on ticking, which is why I love it.
    Allergic to whole wheat.