In this Discussion

Old And Awesome

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I have always found myself embroiled deep within the old music.
I have discovered recently the wonder of such bands as:
The Turtles
The Zombies
Buffalo Springfield
Loggins and Messina

Etc...

I have the most rockin' version of little red rooster. Its a joint effort between John Lee Hooker and The Yardbirds (Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck, et al) Rocks your socks off if you're wearing any!

Comments

• I can't seem to like any old music..... *puzzling*

apart from the beatles, they're cool
  • Come on now.
    Bread, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Who... and many more.
    What's not to like!?
  • Ah the beatles are great... I'm not really into that much odl music either...apart from the 80s stuff!
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Nov 20 2004, 01:02 PM)
    Come on now.
    Bread, Cream, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Who... and many more.
    What's not to like!?

exactly!
    They were the ones who started it all.
  • I never really got into old stuff that much.
    By that I mean I don't really like the stuff that's considered "classic rock". you know, like led zepplin and pink floyd and stuff.

I don't know why.
  • As for old stuff in the vein of "classic rock" I enjoy me some Led Zepplin and AC/DC. smile.gif
  • Good thread. I love The Zombies and The Byrds.

Julie, you like AC/DC? Great, you hard rockin' woman!!
  • You're missing out on The Kinks, especially if you like the Libertines. And you're not going to enjoy the new Bright Eyes album nearly as much if you don't check out a bit of early Bob Dylan at the same time. Listening to a bit of early XTC will make the Franz and Futureheads albums even more enjoyable, too.

And John Lee Hooker is a personal favorite.
  • i sooo missed the kinks. them i know and like hehe.

but i'm afraid my musical tastes are based on what my parents listened to.... so i'm stuck wit david cassidy and queen (oh how we love queen) and other random POP they listened to. OH and simon and garfunkel. mrs robinson, awesome song hehe. i've been up for like 17 hours i gotta get me into bed! blink.gif
  • I effing love Queen! They are awesome. I also enjoy a bit of Simon and Garfunkel. And don't tell anyone, but I also used to like the Carpenters.
  • Leviathan, your signature makes me so happy. Because Hair is like my friends' and my favorite movie. One time we watched the Black Boys/White Boys scene like 27 times. Not exaggerating.

Gaaah...way to be off-topic, Sparklytaco...

But Hair is old music! So nevermind! I'm on topic, sorta!
  • QUOTE (Leviathan @ Nov 19 2004, 02:37 AM)
    I have always found myself embroiled deep within the old music.
    I have discovered recently the wonder of such bands as:
    The Turtles
    The Zombies
    Buffalo Springfield
    Loggins and Messina

Etc...

I have the most rockin' version of little red rooster. Its a joint effort between John Lee Hooker and The Yardbirds (Jimmy Page & Jeff Beck, et al) Rocks your socks off if you're wearing any!

It's weird, I was just saying how OK Go should do a cover of "Happy Together" by The Turtles.

I personally like anything Phil Spector produced. THAT'S old music.
  • Weezer did a really great "Happy Together" cover.
  • Ugh, none of the recent covers of that song have been near the quality of the original.
  • I do love The Kinks and The Who, but I never got into Led Zep and Pink Floyd just annoys me. I guess I don't have the attention span (or the hallucinogens) to appreciate them.
  • AC/DC
    Bon Jovi
    and for some reason i've always been drawn to elvis costello... it must be the cool glasses cool.gif
  • The Who
    The Doors
    Led Zepp.
    JANIS JOPLIN. OH MY GOD, JANIS JOPLIN
    Simon and Garfunkel

This is what comes from being friends with hippies/being my mother's daughter (she made me appreciate S&G through Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme)
  • its all about the smiths
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jul 27 2006, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=66353
    and for some reason i've always been drawn to elvis costello... it must be the cool glasses cool.gif

I just got Armed Forces on vinyl. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 27 2006, 01:08 PM)
    JANIS JOPLIN. OH MY GOD, JANIS JOPLIN

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 27 2006, 01:12 PM)
    its all about the smiths

Yes and yes.

My ex-boyfriend's dad determined that I was a suitable girlfriend based solely on the fact that I started belting out "Mercedes Benz" in the car one time.
  • this charming man, is a tune and a half