In this Discussion

Question about Ok Go Music

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ok, I'm listening to Yahoo's launch radio and Ok Go comes on but I've never heard of the song before and the cd cover they give is not one I reconginze... the song is entitled Ant Music but its not on this website anywhere and not on the CD I own.. am I missing something?

Comments

• It's my guess though, it may be the single cd released in the UK...(?) I'm not sure.

By the way, I can't see any video and listen to any stations on that site because of my firewall system. I feel I live in an isolated place.
  • ant music is an adam ant cover, and it is on one of the EPs sold on okgo.net
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Nov 27 2004, 04:21 PM)
    ant music is an adam ant cover, and it is on one of the EPs sold on okgo.net

That's very, very unusual. Can you remember more or less the time that you were listening, and what the CD cover that came on looked like?

I'm pretty sure that the Adam Ant cover was a b-side on the Get Over It single in the UK, but I'll have to check. Either way, it would definitely come as a surprise to me that they were playing it on launch, and I wouldn't mind figuring out how that happened.

very interesting indeed.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Nov 27 2004, 08:58 PM)
    That's very, very unusual.  Can you remember more or less the time that you were listening, and what the CD cover that came on looked like?

I'm pretty sure that the Adam Ant cover was a b-side on the Get Over It single in the UK, but I'll have to check.  Either way, it would definitely come as a surprise to me that they were playing it on launch, and I wouldn't mind figuring out how that happened.

very interesting indeed.

I think it was a b-side too... my friend got it off ebay forever ago.
  • Yis tis a b-side to the uk get over it single, I was just listening to it earlier actually smile.gif
  • awwwww I love that song heh
  • So the music is somewhere on the site? lol I couldnt find it... right now another song just came up by them called Bruise Grey once again, not familiar with the song.. its got the same picture as Ant Music so I'm assuming they go together? So if its a UK CD, I must say the UK people suck (no offense) They get so much better music without having to import the CDs lol.

Man just when I think I know a band new music crops up on me.
  • Bruise Grey is also on the UK Get Over It single biggrin.gif hehe
  • I think I'd die if I heard them do Bruise Grey live.
  • I heard "Ant Music" and "Bruise Grey" on Launch too, so I went to eBay right away to try to find it. There was someone who had it (the U.K. "Get Over It" single) at the time, but his lil eBay rating system seemed to indicate that the seller was shady and liked to take people's money without giving them any joy in return, so I didn't get it.

Last week, there was another one though, which I managed to score for less than $8 American (and that included shipping and handling from the UK!), so it seems like they pop up fairly often... if you should want to score one for yourself.

All I've got to say is thank goodness for Launchcast or I would've continued living in ignorance. Who knew?

-Kimber
  • hey we brits don't suck.... theres loads of CDs you can't get over here.... like Kill Hannah (heh thanks darbie biggrin.gif)

AND you got when it started on is this it (ok i know not OK GO but still...) and we got new york city cops cos of sept. 11th. but then theyre both good songs....
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Dec 3 2004, 12:23 PM)
    hey we brits don't suck.... theres loads of CDs you can't get over here.... like Kill Hannah (heh thanks darbie biggrin.gif)

AND you got when it started on is this it (ok i know not OK GO but still...) and we got new york city cops cos of sept. 11th. but then theyre both good songs....

Why is it that cool bands are named kill Hannah? I mean, can't they come up with something else? I feel threatened! haha I'm just messing around, being wierd what else is new?

STRAIGHT MALE COMPANIONSHIP tee hee
  • did okgo release ne utha singles utha thn 'get over it' ? cos i havnt herd ne mellow.gif
  • I don't think they released any others in the UK, but Don't Ask me and You're So Damn hot were released in America...I think....
  • hmm interesting that no1 has mentioned that the full length japanese import cd includes both ant music and its tough to have a crush. IM suprised that all you devoted fans hadnt heard of this. Oh well yeah its on the site and you can order it from the website its like 24 bucks though so just buy the regular cd and then the two eps and you will be fine, oh and i recommend buying both the eps because they have different versions of bye bye baby, what to do, and hello my treacherous friends. if you listen close to both bye bye baby and treacherous friends you will hear different guitar parts, lyrics, and rhythms