In this Discussion

Truck Discrimination

edited November -1 in General Discussion
This is may be totally offbase and whatnot, but since this is the truck forum, I just wanted to say that MTVs show, "Pimp my Ride" totally discriminates against trucks. Maybe I do not watch it enough, but everytime I sit down to watch its makeover goodness, its always a car! Where are the trucks? I remember one episode where they put a ping-pong table on the back of a truck...now I think that is pretty amazing. I would totally play ping pong in a 7-11 parking alot or something! One can invite customers to play in tournaments and spread the message of trucks and ping pong to everyone...in one vehicle to say the least!

This is Random

Comments

• that show is always on, so I watch to see what the car looks like originally then how they pimp it...I think I've seen 3 trucks on it.
  • yup there have definitely been trucks.
    and one
    had a
    dun dun dun
    PING PONG TABLE in the back
    i love that truck. i want it.
  • that is so weird.

i've never seen "pimp my ride" before, but for some reason it was on in mojo's last night so we watched it and it was the pick up truck with the ping pong table in the back episode! so yeah, we were really impressed by that and decided that we were gonna construct a car out of toilet rolls (since none of us actually has a car) so that we could get it pimped. yes, we are foolish.

but it did occur to me, how much would it cost to insure that truck, not only did it have a ping pong table, but DVD player, gamecube (?), customised interior nand paintwork. it was calling out to car thieves "steal me steal me!"

it just shows you how far makeover shows have gone, make over a person, their house, their garden, and now their car. bloody hell, we must have boring lives to watch this crap.

h xxx
  • I must say, I agree with you. I hate it when they do trucks though because they always make them so low and they put objects in cars/trucks/vans/SUVs that aren't freakin supposed to be in a car! Ex: sink, clothes dryer, fireplace?!?!?!?!

But then again, I'm from Texas and we like are trucks as big and tall as possible... wink.gif
  • i like watching the ones with the big vans

because they can put in like...a bed or a couch...they put a fire place in one once!!

but yeah. i saw one truck episode. a red one with a ping pong table in the back. twas awesome.
  • yeah well you know they consider suv's to be trucks and if im not mistaken they had 4 or 5 of them on this season alone???? oh well but if you think they should have more trucks on there beat the living snot out of your car and take it out to the west coast.
  • QUOTE (choirdork07 @ Jan 22 2005, 08:28 PM)
    I must say, I agree with you. I hate it when they do trucks though because they always make them so low and they put objects in cars/trucks/vans/SUVs that aren't freakin supposed to be in a car! Ex: sink, clothes dryer, fireplace?!?!?!?!

But then again, I'm from Texas and we like are trucks as big and tall as possible... wink.gif

hahaha the people do like their trucks like that down here don't they? biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Chipanonomous @ Jan 24 2005, 07:58 PM)
    yeah well you know they consider suv's to be trucks and if im not mistaken they had 4 or 5 of them on this season alone???? oh well but if you think they should have more trucks on there beat the living snot out of your car and take it out to the west coast.

haha I would take my little METRO to the show... they can pimp it however they want... but I want a fish tank in it *nods*

I don't even watch the show though... I think I saw LESS than an apisode once... it bored me... I hate how MTV has turned into such a craphole!
  • Don't be too upset. MTV is crap now anyway. We can't expect too much of them, or we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. There not cool enough to drive a truck anyway. Trucks are reserved for all the folks at VH1, since they actually play music.
  • here here ^^

and yes, most texans like thier rather large trucks. especially when hauling horses and the like.
  • Living in Texas, I know this is a sad fact. However, I also know that most of the men who have them are compensating for something, and that goes for the extremely short mothers driving excursions.