In this Discussion

Nerdy vs. hot

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Hey guys! I'm new and this is a standard question for me, but to me nerdy is hot... Talk nerdy to me baby. rolleyes.gif I Love nerds... Anyway post your reply I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• it is VERY handy to know boys who know about computers and suchlike.

my friend, richard, made me a dvd with 403 songs on it cool.gif that is pretty dman cool.

h xxx
  • I'd take Clark Kent over Superman any day. (I mean, if they weren't the same guy.)
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Dec 3 2004, 02:37 AM)
    I'd take Clark Kent over Superman any day.  (I mean, if they weren't the same guy.)

Seriously. In the Superman show, he looked so much better as Clark Kent and acted smarter.

Same with Spiderman. Peter Parker=hot+genius. Spiderman in tight bodysuit=not so much.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Dec 4 2004, 10:55 AM)
    Same with Spiderman. Peter Parker=hot+genius. Spiderman in tight bodysuit=not so much.

thank you. i agree heartily.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Dec 4 2004, 09:55 AM)
    Spiderman in tight bodysuit=not so much.

Unless you're into that sort of thing... And is it just me, or is Toby Maguire incredibly unattractive while running? (As opposed to his usual mild unattractiveness.)
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Dec 4 2004, 11:21 AM)
    Unless you're into that sort of thing...  And is it just me, or is Toby Maguire incredibly unattractive while running?  (As opposed to his usual mild unattractiveness.)

i think he's unattractive in all aspects.
  • nerds, dorks, geeks. it's all good. the boy i like right now has thick black glasses, asthma and is allergic to cats.. how adorable is that? hehe.
  • I think the whole emo craze has made nerds desirable. Greasy hair, glasses with thick black rims, tight shirts and jeans...

...Have I flustered you? wink.gif
  • Hey...um...Arelia... Is the sock puppet in your avatar seeing anyone right now?
  • QUOTE (Arelia @ Dec 6 2004, 10:53 PM)
    I think the whole emo craze has made nerds desirable. Greasy hair, glasses with thick black rims, tight shirts and jeans...
    ...Have I flustered you? wink.gif

Nerds and emo boys are completely different specimens. Nerds do not necessarily have greasy hair, glasses with thick black rims, OR tight clothes. Nerds have old-timey big oblong circle glasses with tape around the nose piece. They also have short, generally light hair and usually keep it clean. They generally don't wear jeans, and are often seen in oversize button-up shirts. They also walk quickly and hunched over when carrying a huge and completely full backpack. Nerds don't listen to music, they make experimental music on their computers. They also make good grades, and don't smoke pot.

People often confuse nerds with emo boys, indie boys, and metrosexuals. The truth is, they are not the same thing. Many people say "I <3 nerds" and all that, when what they really heart is not nerds, but other stereotypes. I just think it's not fair to the nerds for somebody to say they love them, when what they really love is not nerds. tongue.gif
  • i like indie guys smile.gif
  • indie guys are hot
    emo guys are..ehh..cute...their emotion is too much at times
    nerds are hot
    geeks are the best tho smile.gif
    its a mix between the nerds and indie/emo/you get the picture guys. they don't have the tight clothes or the baggy short sleeved plaid shirt. they just pick a t-shirt at the top of the pile of clean laundry.

can i get a yeaaahhh?
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Dec 7 2004, 01:54 AM)
    Hey...um...Arelia...  Is the sock puppet in your avatar seeing anyone right now?

Tch...thats not a sock puppet, thats an emu. tongue.gif

Wemade shirts: I know what you mean by nerds and emoboys being completely different, but I think the reason why nerds have become a more desirable specimen is because of the emo craze.

And here's something to amuse you all: The Worlds Strongest Nerd
  • I personally have not seen an increase in nerd desirability, just supposed nerd desirability. lol.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Dec 7 2004, 10:23 PM)
    I personally have not seen an increase in nerd desirability, just supposed nerd desirability. lol.

Maybe it varies by state/region/what have you?
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Dec 7 2004, 08:23 PM)
    I personally have not seen an increase in nerd desirability, just supposed nerd desirability. lol.

Same here. Actual nerds, no, but figurative ones are much more in demand.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Dec 7 2004, 09:31 PM)
    Same here. Actual nerds, no, but figurative ones are much more in demand.

Exactly, ha ha. It's like they were saying of VH1's "My Coolest Years" today, there's a lot of nerd posers that want to "win the medal without running the race."
  • QUOTE (Arelia @ Dec 7 2004, 05:57 PM)
    Tch...thats not a sock puppet, thats an emu. tongue.gif

Oi me. I'm always confusing animals in clothing for sock puppets. Well, I suppose an emo emu is still cool, though I've gotta say that has to be my shortest infatuation yet.
  • well i like some nerdy guys too, but not the reeeal losers, the kinda nerdy guys who aren't cool, but still hot. I KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!! mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (unknown @ Dec 8 2004, 02:07 PM)
    well i like some nerdy guys too, but not the reeeal losers, the kinda nerdy guys who aren't cool, but still hot. I KNOW WHAT I MEAN!!!  mellow.gif

don't worry i know what you mean!