In this Discussion

This Will Be Our Year

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hey Everyone,

I'm Scott. This is my first time posting here. Has anyone heard OK Go's version of The Zombies "This Will Be Our Year?" I believe its on the "Future Soundtrack for America" compilation CD. Anyway I downloaded it off iTunes, and love it! biggrin.gif I can't wait for their new album to come out. It's been almost two years now since I got their first album, and it's still one of my all time favorites.

Scott smile.gif

Comments

• Hm... I still need to get that compilation.

~Rachael
    at work
  • I was going to get the compilation, but I wasn't too crazy about the other songs on it.
  • Yeah, I still need to get that compilation as well....
  • Hi Scott! Welcome to the board.

I rarely buy compilation albums, however, this one is quite good. It will be growing on you, even though other lineups don't look interesting at first. Go, get it wink.gif.
  • really? see, as soon as i saw the lineup on that cd, i was super excited. there's a lot of really great stuff on the future soundtrack.
    ok go's is really terrific. i like it a lot.
  • i love the zombies. it's weird but i knew about this future soundtrack for america thing a long time ago but i never really looked at what songs the bands were doing. and that zombies song is probably one of my favorites. it's off my favorite album anyways. but thanks for making me look twice and that soundtrack. once i find money i might buy it

thomas
  • QUOTE (horrorwitheyeballs @ Jan 4 2005, 05:00 PM)
    i love the zombies. it's weird but i knew about this future soundtrack for america thing a long time ago but i never really looked at what songs the bands were doing. and that zombies song is probably one of my favorites. it's off my favorite album anyways.  but thanks for making me look twice and that soundtrack. once i find money i might buy it

thomas

It's from Oddesey and Oracle right? I'm thinking of getting that album in the near future.
  • ive never heard of the zombies :X. but i love this will be our year. it's absolutely wonderful.
    you must all go get future soundtrack for america. because it's BRILLIANCE
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Jan 4 2005, 07:39 PM)
    ive never heard of the zombies :X. but i love this will be our year. it's absolutely wonderful.
    you must all go get future soundtrack for america. because it's BRILLIANCE

The Zombies are most famous for the song "Time of the Season." There was actually a recent epsiode of "American Dreams" which featured Phantom Planet playing The Zombies performing on American Bandstand.
  • Yeah. it's from odessey and the oracle. which is an amazing album. i recommend it to everyone who doesn't already own it.

bill
  • QUOTE (horrorwitheyeballs @ Jan 5 2005, 05:46 PM)
    Yeah. it's from odessey and the oracle. which is an amazing album. i recommend it to everyone who doesn't already own it.

bill

yup.
  • QUOTE (NotOverIt @ Jan 5 2005, 08:09 AM)
    The Zombies are most famous for the song "Time of the Season." There was actually a recent epsiode of "American Dreams" which featured  Phantom Planet playing The Zombies performing on American Bandstand.

oh!
    yes i saw that. the one episode of american dreams i watched just because they were on.
    but that's good to know. now i know who they are. or at least what they sound like.
  • If I don't get that cd, I seriously think I'll bleed out my eyes!
    Yeah. it's from odessey and the oracle. which is an amazing album. i recommend it to everyone who doesn't already own it.

bill

When i was at an OkGo concert Damian told me to buy the zombies cuz we had this big discussion on 60's rock and i loved it and then i found out about the remake and was so stoked i bourght the cd...some of the other songs are ok
  • QUOTE (horrorwitheyeballs @ Jan 5 2005, 03:46 PM)

bill

An AMAZING album, teaches ya where alot of our fave bands are coming from smile.gif
  • yeah, so I just needed to let you know that I LOVE you're Icon horrorwitheyeballs!
  • i really love the song your legs grow by nada surf on this album