In this Discussion

dancing

edited November -1 in General Discussion
have you ever found yourself just turning up music (or even not having music at all!) and dancing around your room for a good hour or two?

i mean...i dance at least once a day whether its in ballet or to like...an usher video on mtv.

i wanted to know what you guys like to dance to

i dance to pretty much everything

but especially

jamiroquai [lol im such a lame-o]

lol...and i love all kinds of dancing, including ghetto dancing to stuff like ciara to line dancing to stuff like "september"

Comments

• Yeah, I do that to most kinds of music--pretty much anything with a fast beat.

Jazz and rap are my favorite genres for dance music.
  • the killers make me wanna boogy..... so i do WHEREVER I AM when they come on...... thats right, in shops, on the bus lol. it also makes everyone smile to see an idiot dancing! oh the joys!!!
  • oh my god i lovvvvve punjabi music! dancing to punjabi music=my FAVORITE THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

i will post another osng or two, but fo rnow, here is apunjabi song i LOVVVE dancing to. tell me what u think, sars. ut hink u oculd dance to this?

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jan 11 2005, 12:18 PM)
    the killers make me wanna boogy..... so i do WHEREVER I AM when they come on...... thats right, in shops, on the bus lol. it also makes everyone smile to see an idiot dancing! oh the joys!!!

oh yes! and dreaming of you by the coral, beyonce - crazy in love and electric six -gaybar. they all make me wanna dance.

lmao! jen, i also dance in shops, i can't remmeber what came on, but i started dancing down the aisle in tesco last week. i think i have a problem distinguishing public and private behaviour; last term sukhleen and i were singing the theme song from three men and a little lady at the bus stop, rather loudly.........."WAITING FOR A STAR TO FALL, TO CARRY MY HEART IN YOUR ARMS, THAT'S WHERE YO BELONG, IN MY ARMS BABY, YEAH!"

h xxx
  • husna i so didn't know u lived in the UK hehe *der*

i always dance in tescos.... especially at like 2/3 in the morning when al the staff are super hyper from pro-plus and running round singing like lunatics! on the tube's funny too, especially if you're sharing music and you both dance to it hehe.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jan 12 2005, 12:49 PM)
    husna i so didn't know u lived in the UK hehe *der*

oh yes, in sunny reading. in a room that has an en suite, but not enough space to put all my clothes *sighs*

i have only ever been to tesco in the middle of the night once, at christmas time, but it was so busy they was no space to even contemplate dancing. i would try it here, but i've been told that odd men populate the path leading to tesco and quite frankly, i'm scared.

maybe we should join in with mobile clubbing, loads of people congragte in one place and each dance to their own discman/MD player/ipod. i think that would be fun.

h xxx
  • a girl who lives like 2 rooms down from me lives in reading!!! thats so weird!! i also live in a room that has ensuite and not enough room to put my clothes. or most of my belongings!!! heh biggrin.gif
  • LOL AMINA I HEAR THIS SONG ALLLL THE TIME

my guyanese friend makes me listen to this!

HAHAHAHA WE ALWAYS DANCE TO IT IN HER HOUSE

thats pure hilarity

anyhow...dancing in my underwear is one of my favorite things to do!!
  • hahahhah. thats awesome!!!
    i lovvve that song.

i love all punjabi music. i want to post more. i will tomorrow, maybe
  • i usually listen to lots of spanish music, too

the instrumental kind with lots of guitar and percussion

thats the best
  • this song is HOT. haha. me and my friend amana(i like amanas and aminas, as u can tell! haha) just made up teh HOTTEST dance to this song. u have to ignore the first minute(its a remix so there is this irritating drum thing) but as soon as teh music starts...oh man...hahhaha. our beginning is like so STRIPPERish. but its HOT. we're going to do it at aminas sisters swet 16 next weekend. woot woot.

MY NEW FAVORITE DANCE SONG

sara, i love thsi thread. haha. because i LOVVVVE dancing. fun shit.
  • Dude I dance like everday to like bollywood songs! Hehehe, I remember when the "Naughty Girl" video came out I would like always dance to that and think about how Beyonce lacked my amazing fluidity when it came to dancing. Dancing = the most fun ever! Hey Amina, I'm invited to a punjabi wedding this summer. Should I go and if so what should I wear?
  • i LOVE your sig, salmeen!!!!

and OF COURSE yous hould go!!!! weddings are so fun!!! and umm...hmmmm...are you going to like, just the barat? or are you going to the mehndi and walima as well? and would you be going from the girls side or guys side, because that TOTALLY effects which day you should wear a lehnga.

In my family, weddings are generally 3 days(mayoun doesnt count because its like 2 wks before the rest of the wedding and by then, everyone forgot what u wore anyway) If I'm from the girls side, I wear a lehnga on the mehndi, shalwar kameez(or bell bottoms or pajama or whatever, but that category) on th ebarat and a sari on the walima. that way, you get 3 TOTALLY different silhouettes. and if im from the guy's side, everything is the same, except i wear a lehnga on the barat instead of the mehndi, and shalwar kameez on the mehndi instead of the barat. but walima is still a sari day. its a little known fact, but the guys side is supposed to wear lehngas on the barat, and girls side is supposed to wear on the mehndi.

and as for hair and makeup: mehndi is traditional. barat is elegant. and walima is modern/crazy/dramatic/a little punk.

i think you need to change EVERYTHING from one day to the next. i wish i could show you my brothers wedding pictures! ahh. my stupid scanner is such a pain in the ass. il scan pictures tomorrow at my friends house though. on the mehndi, i wore yellow and orange with really traditional kaam and stuff. i had my hair blowed out and i wore traditional gold jewelry. on the barat i wore a mermaid-style lehnga...it was ice-blue and sooooo...hmm...oscars?? and i had my hair put up half way and glittery eyes and diamond jewelry. and on the walima...my FAVORITE day! i wore black and fuschia. i had spikes in my hair, REALLY hot eye makeup--it was smoky black cat eyes and then the black shadow blended into fuschia. oh my god. it was so HOT. and i wore these goth-y rose-cut diamond chandelearings.

so yeah...pick any 3 outfits but make sure all 3 days are a different silhouette and a different look.

are you going to buy stuff or do you alreday have it? because i can link you to some awesome designer sites, if u need them.
  • dancing is just...

i dont know its so great because its something that EVERYONE can do. not well all the time, but if youre having a good time, you can usually sell it, even if youre bad at it, you know what i mean?