In this Discussion

U2 IS A GO!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Put the rumors aside and toss out all speculation: U2 has announced its official trek across the U.S. and Europe.
No, it's not starting off in Miami as had been bandied about, but the on West Coast in sunny San Diego March 28.
No, so far there is no reports of Scissor Sisters or Snow Patrol as an opening act. The coveted support slot, at least for the first leg, goes to Nashville's Kings of Leon who are touring the U.S. until the kickoff.
After the U.S. leg wraps in Boston, Europe gets U2 in 30 stadium shows, beginning June 10. Ticket prices for the tour will be in the same range as they were on the Elevation tour, so get ready to fork out a hundy for your seat.

From Pollstar.com
------------------------------------------------------
fuck yeah man, this is sick news. It will be awsome to see them end the tour in boston. BTW for anyone wondering... I saw Kings Of Leon with the strokes a little more than a year ago and they are extremely good.

Comments

• hahah yea when YOU see the strokes they bring KOL, they come to the UK and we get fricking british sea power. and then they go to like 3 places in europe. with KOL. BASTARDS!!!
  • i like british sea power sad.gif
  • I hate U2. Ever since that ridiculously annoying song came out. The one from the ipod commercials. Besides, Bono is kind of annoying. Poo on U2.
  • haha i like how you call like one of the leading humanitarians in the world annoying. so helping poor aids ridden people and victims of disease and not being stuck up and sharing your money with the less-fortunate annoying? Thats cool i guess if you are a weird sick individual.
  • Well she didn't say that part was annoying, since when does that make someone sick? I could go round helping people loads and still be annoying, what's wrong with that?
  • QUOTE (Chipanonomous @ Jan 25 2005, 04:59 PM)
    haha i like how you call like one of the leading humanitarians in the world annoying. so helping poor aids ridden people and victims of disease and not being stuck up and sharing your money with the less-fortunate annoying? Thats cool i guess if you are a weird sick individual.

"Bono is kind of annoying"

.... read the whole post.
  • Yeah I did lol....and changed it
  • oh well im just saying hes not as bad as you guys think he is
  • I like Bono and love U2, but i do agree that vertigo is a band song. anyone could of wrote that song, u2 is beyond that.
  • U2 is a bunch of overpomous assholes. While they are a good abdn and i admire their staying power, they're egos exceed their talent. IP ahve to say, though, In a Little While of ATYCLB has to be the most fucking awesomest-ass love song. In my top 10.

Also, this man is awesome whether you agree or disagree with what he says: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst
  • Oh, and British seapower owns your souls. All of them.
  • Ah, I forgot to put disarming smilies in my post. happy.gif Don't take it too seriously. I use "hate" loosely.
  • As do I.

-CJ
  • u2 tix sold sooooooooooooo fast, gah. sad.gif
  • i'd take british sea power over kings of leon...

anyway, i'm not a huge U2 fan or anything... i love some of their old stuff. i'm not as familar with their newer material really, just the singles, which i find mediocre. but man oh man, do they put on a bum-kicking live show. seriously. totally. bum-kicking.
  • i think bono is cool

i just dont really enjoy u2's music, except for a few songs...like where the streets have no name and stuff...

yeah, i guess i like u2, but not enough to see them on tour. i thought i was the only person who doesnt love u2.