In this Discussion

A New Andy For A New Era

edited November -1 in OK Go
Good News! Your "I Heart Andy" Tattoos Are Still Current

OK Go has a new guitarist. His name is Andy Ross, and he came to the band via a very strange coincidence. After Andy The First left the band, Drummer Dan, in a fit of despair, posted the following advertisement in the "Missed Connections" section of every Chicago newspaper:

"Duncan Schoen, Oh Darling, Duncan Shoen. Thank you for seeing me again. Though we go on our separate ways, still the memory stays, for always, my heart says, Duncan Schoen… I love you Andy, and I miss your guitar. Call me, Dan."

Andy Ross saw the ad, thought it was a coded message from his German ex–girlfriend, and got in contact. The rest, as they say, is a three-month trial period.

About The Man:

His favorite food is Almond Crunch Pocky
His favorite movie is Joe Vs. The Volcano 2: Lava On The Rocks
His favorite book is The Complete Idiot's Guide To String Theory
He's played in several bands, including Tuckahoe Drive, SPF 35, Turd Association, and The Andy Ross Group

We've convinced him to start posting a blog about his first tour with OK Go. He'll be doing regular entries, which will start appearing on okgo.net sometime next week. In the meantime, here's his first:

2.18.05:

Hi, my name's Andy Ross aka A–Ross aka Rusty and I'm the new guitar player for OK Go. I'm pretty sure they picked me for my musical abilities but I have a sneaking suspicion that they just wanted someone named Andy in the band. I'm still working on the "Duncan" aspect but as far my first name goes, we're golden.

Right now we're in Wisconsin. I've been to Wisco once before for a camping trip and it involved a lot bratwurst (sp?). I'm pleased to report that within 20 minutes of landing in Milwaukee (sp? –– damn, this state is challenging), Damian and I each enjoyed an airport brat (that's the food… keep your mind out of the gutter people). Damian described the meal as "enjoyable" but disappointing as far as bratwurst experiences go. Not being the connoisseur that Damian is, I would have to describe the experience as "caloric" and "sausagey".

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing in front of all of you. If you're at a show, please come up and say hi...I'm a nice fellow–guy.

Love,

Rusty

Comments

• I too enjoy Almond Crunch Pocky. Tasty.
  • awww, methinks our new Andy sounds like a lurvely boy smile.gif and maybe HE can convince the band to play in denmark tongue.gif

xx
  • you know when your teacher leaves cause she's pregnant and you get a new teacher... I'm feeling that kind of excitement....
    is that odd?
  • hmm he sounds like he'll fit in JUST fine! he's got the right humor, which is very important.
  • Almond Crush Pocky is AWESOME! =D I think I like the new guy already.
  • I think new andy sounds like fun...

he gets points for using the word "sausagey"
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Feb 18 2005, 07:49 PM)
    Good News! Your "I Heart Andy" Tattoos Are Still Current

His favorite food is Almond Crunch Pocky

PHEW...i HATE getting tattoos removed wink.gif

and...almond crunch pocky is really good...but i prefer strawberry ones. *shrugs*
  • huh? what in the hell is almond crush pocky?
  • well pocky is...

its asian food, lol

its a wafer dipped in chocolate (my favorite flavor is strawberry...) and almond crunch is dipped in chocolate with almonds...yeahh

lol its really good. when i see you, i will bring you some!!