In this Discussion

Return

edited November -1 in OK Go
I don't care if it's the only old song they play, they MUST play Return at the Lawrence show this coming Saturday. Seriously, take 5 minutes to teach it to Rusty, then blow the Lawrencians skulls with its brilliance. There's just no reason not to. Return.

Comments

• QUOTE (terbremlap @ Mar 7 2005, 12:23 AM)
    Return... There's just no reason not to.  Return.

reiteration.

edit. i didn't just mean to say that haha. but whatever.
  • bump.... it's getting too close to saturday and still no sign of return on the setlists.
  • Return is TOTALLY the first song they played the first time I saw them and the song THAT TOTALLY got me hooked ... I'm with you 100% it NEEDS to be there for the Lawrence folks ... I will cry (still love OK GO ... but cry) if they don't play it!

Now I'm soooo freakin' worried ... dang it!
  • They wont play it
  • QUOTE (Brett @ Mar 9 2005, 08:22 PM)
    They wont play it

Haha Brett, very optimistic smile.gif
  • ha ha ha. I would just say... don't get your hopes up.
  • where's Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore on this. He can talk the chaps into anything right? I heard one time he convinced the boys to eat a bunch of those orange foam circus peanuts before a show because he said they would "slowly disenigrate and perfectly coat the vocal chords with a nice thin layer of orange film, which obviously lends itself to hitting those required to sing "Return." C'mon Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore... Return. There is not another song in the band's repretior that serves as a better opener. Return, in Lawrence, on Saturday. For the circus peanuts.
  • NOt that this will help anything but I support the return of Return, it being my favorite song on the album.

~Rachael
    at work
  • AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH... only one day left until the show, and no sign of Return. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, TALK SOME SENSE INTO THESE BOYS. It's the best track they've got. So much energy! Best opener ever. NEED to hear it live again. They played it when they played outside that haunted house in Kansas City, they played it at the Granada when they opened for The Donnas, they played it in Memorial Hall when they opened for Jimmy Eat World. They HAVE to continue tradition. please.
  • I would say that it's highly unlikely. But I've seen some covert, behind-the-scenes activity that could be considered a positive development.

I'd be very surprised if they played it. But I wouldn't be shocked.
  • Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore... thanks for the response. fingers are crossed for tomorrow night.
  • They played Return tonight at the Omaha show. First song of the show actually.
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Mar 12 2005, 01:19 AM)
    They played Return tonight at the Omaha show.  First song of the show actually.

Yep, they did indeed. =)
  • !!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NOW I'M SOOOO BEYOND EXCITED for the show tonight!!!!!!!!! ... is it 9:00 yet?
  • OMG I am so pissed and jealous that I didn't get a slow song! (I.E. Return, 1000 MPH, Shortly) I hope they come back soon and play one of those for us Texas peeps.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Mar 12 2005, 05:53 PM)
    OMG I am so pissed and jealous that I didn't get a slow song! (I.E. Return, 1000 MPH, Shortly) I hope they come back soon and play one of those for us Texas peeps.

Me too!
    I wanted to hear return soooo bad sad.gif
  • and this thread was officially a SUCCESS. They played Return at the Lawrence show! Although it was plagued by a string breaking as Damian struck the first chord, and then an out of tune backup guitar, it was AMAZING and sounded as beautiful as ever. Thanks so much guys.
  • I got to see it twice! WEE! Hooray for me! LOL! sorry, I almost cried when they started with "Return" in Omaha...it was so beautiful! I heard them playing it during soundcheck, and I got really excited! Then in Lawrence, they didn't start with it and I got sad...but then they played it later! w00t! How exciting! Maybe in St. Louis? wink.gif

EDIT: STUPID 21+!!!!! Nevermind...apparently I'm NOT going to see them in St. Louis. sad.gif Sad Sara!