edited November -1 in OK Go
Yanbutak!

That being said, please listen to this Very Important Message:

A special message from TIM:

Real Audio
Windows Media

That's it!

Comments

• I so wish I could be there will Jill right now! sad.gif Have fun everyone!
  • Best show ever! That was the first time I got to see the dance and it was amazing. Tim and Damian also did a little "musical theater." They sang something from Les Miserables while Andy restrung Damian's guitar. It was very entertaining.

The first song they sang was "Return." I don't know the set list so maybe someone else will post it.

The show was wonderful.

~Jill

p.s. Does Dan read this board? If so....Dan, you're old! You could be my grandpa. Don't worry, I will remember you when I turn 30.
  • Show was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Tim liked the shirts we made! smile.gif I wrote out details about the show on another computer, so I'll reply to this more later, with pictures when I get them developed...which won't be for a while b/c I'm going to the Lawrence show tonight! w00t!

Setlist:

Return
    There's A Fire
    No Sign
    Bye Bye Baby
    Good Idea
    Don't Ask Me
    Let It Rain
    Here It...
    Get Over It
    Crash the Party
    T.V.
    The Fix Is In
    Oh No
    Invinc. (?)
    You're So Damn Hot
    DWYW (?)

They did Les Mis and the Chica go go dance, too...the dance was the encore of sorts...it was amazing!

Tis all for now...off to make my Dan signs! smile.gif
  • otherSara, I'm so jealous that you got to see OK Go last night AND you're going to see them again tonight. A few weeks ago I got to see them twice in Chicago then twice in Texas = four shows in eight days. It was fanfreakintastic, but now I'm suffering from OK Go withdrawal, and July is really really far away.
    You seemed to have some questions when you typed up last night's setlist (I can't believe they played Return!). I'm pretty sure that the last few songs are Invincible, You're So Damn Hot, and DWYW= Do What You Want.
    Have a great time tonight smile.gif
  • Last night's show was by far the best I've been to.
    The musical theater was hilarious. "The Confrontation" from Les Miz, with Tim pointing to Jill was great. I've got pictures. And Jill arm wrestling with the guy from Rescue and their roadie....got pictures of that too.

otherSara, I'm the one who took a picture of you and your friends' shirts. I can send it to you, if you want. It turned out pretty good. Where are you from? Kansas or Nebraska? (I'm from Garden City, Kansas, which is why I ask. I'm jealous that you got to go to both Omaha and Lawrence) And thanks for posting the setlist; I got Dan's and it's almost all abbreviated. Couldn't figure out any of the new songs.

I must also express my complete excitement over the erm, "return" of Return. I literally squealed when it started.

Jill, remember, Dan may be old enough to be your grandfather, but I'M in charge.
  • Liss, can you possibly email me ALL of the pictures?? Even the random ones like cookie monster, tim's shoes, and "roarbot". Email them to shortcake1681@aol.com if possible. Thanks a million.

I had a blast hanging out with you again. Hopefully more cools bands will come back to the area soon.

Addison concert in 3 days! Woo!
    http://www.myspace.com/addisonrock

~Jill
  • yes. good bands must come, and not during the month of july. cause i'll be gone then.

convince addison to roadtrip out to omaha. that'd be NEAT.

i'll email them tomorrow. they turned out pretty nifty. i'm assuming you don't want the ones of the girls hair though. biggrin.gif

if anyone else wants my pictures, just email me. amazing_otter@cox.net
    i'll try and put them online soon, too.
  • haha, yeah...i don't need the pictures of that girls hair. but i do want the other fun/random ones. especially damian's nifty cuff links.
  • ...they played return sad.gif they couldve played it HERE.
  • amazing_otter: If you want to send me the picture, that would be cool. my e-mail is okgo41903@yahoo.com. I'm from Lincoln, NE and I go to school at University of NE at Kearney, so it was a fun drive. Do you know a girl named Kerri Myers? She goes to UNK and I know her, she's from Garden City, KS.

poison: I am addicted too! I'm working on going to the St. Louis show tomorrow night...it's a 7 hour drive though, so it might not happen....I hope it does! Thanks for telling me those song titles, too! And thank you, I did have a WONDERFUL time in Lawrence! smile.gif

EDIT: STUPID 21+!!!!! Nevermind...apparently I'm NOT going to see them in St. Louis. sad.gif Sad Sara!
  • sara: i'm sending it right now. which one were you?
    and kerri was my drum major last year. i don't know if she'd remember me or not, but that's crazy that you know her.
  • That's cool that you know Kerri; she's such a sweet girl! I'll see her next Monday after spring break, so I'll tell her I met you.

I was the one 2nd from the left in the picture. In order: Daphne (my roommate), Sara (me), Sarah, and Kelli.

Thanks for sending me the pic! I'll upload mine eventually and get the other ones developed, and when I do, I can send them to you if you want me to.

Sara
  • Here's what I wrote about the show afterwards:

Last night was fucking amazing! It’s been a long time since I’ve seen OK Go (4.19.03), and I forgot how much they rock live! My roommate and our two friends made some fabulous t-shirts that said “Sweatin’ To OK Go” with a picture of Richard Simmons face on the front and “I heart OK GO on the back! Tim really liked them, so that was exciting! I met the new Andy; he’s really nice and he’s really good live. We all talked to him for quite a while after the show and got pictures taken with him and whatnot, it was exciting! J When we were talking to Tim before the show, he was like “ok, I have to do something special for you guys since you made the shirts, so I’ll think about it.” So I suggested that they do the Chicago-go dance, and Tim said he’s sure they could work that in. During the show they did Les Mis, which I was really excited about seeing as well. Then, at the end of the show, they left the stage (sad), but then came back on and Damian said that they weren’t going to do a song b/c that’s overrated…so they did the dance!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif It was absolutely incredible and everyone in the audience was going crazy! It was amazing! I really liked the song “Let it Rain” (is that the title??) and the other new ones, and now I am going to be REALLY impatient for the new CD to come out. ::sigh:: oh well, it’ll definitely be worth it! Oh yes, Dan liked my old school DDDD button and my “Fat cat. Bad Cat. DIET DAN!” button…and he had an awesome drum solo that made me oh so happy!

But, I’m tired as all hell and I have to drive to Lawrence tomorrow….guess why?! Yup, another OK Go show….man, I feel like Melissa and that whole group! tongue.gif

Oh yes, Rescue was pretty good, but SHITTY sound! Statistics was good as well, they’re apparently local from Omaha, so I’m pumped about that…the bassist was very hot, I thought.

Well, that’s all for now…pictures later!

Sara
  • Liss, do you have your pictures uploaded yet? I am dying to see them!
    email me at shortcake1681@aol.com or at my other email address or send me a message at myspace. hehe.
  • The picture of Jill arm wrestling is priceless.
  • Wonderful pictures! They made me so sad though...I'm currently going through OK Go withdrawl, and it has only been about 36 hours since I've seen them....

It's going to be a loooong time until their summer tour...Andy promised me that they were going to come back to Nebraska, so I'm going to hold him to it!

::sigh:: Sad Sara...
  • Yeah, I beat that guy at arm wrestling. I'm strong!

Andy promised they'd be back? Well, the band doesn't actually make their own tour schedule, I don't think. So you can't be mad at him if they don't come back.
  • ha, yeah, cause if they made their own schedule, they'd come to wichita next time. and i seriously doubt that's gonna happen. but if it does, then i'll be sure to thank dan.

still, omaha is pretty standard for a tour stop. HOPEFULLY, the album won't drop until the end of july, and they'll tour in august. i'd cry if i missed ok go. i'm addicted to them now.

oh, and sara, everyone in band today was very excited to hear i'd met someone who knew kerri. it made me laugh.
  • Mwahaha... this is my first post.

I didn't really know about OK Go before I went to the concert, but now I'm obsessed. I thought the show here in Omaha was amazing and such.

That is all.