In this Discussion

Merch Ideas?

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I've been thinking lots about merch. Any ideas kicking around about what OK Go should be designing, producing and selling? Hmmmmm?

Comments

• I enjoy the baseball t's, but with black sleeves and maybe with the original logo. Also, how bout a non-zip hoodie with the tiger on it and a zip hoodie with OK on one side and Go on the other. An OKGo DVD would be awesome. hmmmm...how bout some Tim Norwind glasses?? very sexy stuff
  • QUOTE (Aim @ Mar 18 2005, 12:01 PM)
    I enjoy the baseball t's, but with black sleeves and maybe with the original logo.  Also, how bout a non-zip hoodie with the tiger on it and a zip hoodie with OK on one side and Go on the other.  An OKGo DVD would be awesome.  hmmmm...how bout some Tim Norwind glasses?? very sexy stuff

It might be time to reconfigure the baseball tees, you're right. Although the new logo that Damian showed me yesterday is seriously awesome, so that might be a better bet. I like the non-zip hoodie idea, too. We'd be able to sell them for cheaper, which would be nice.

Keep them coming.
  • i would just love a wolly OKGO hat to wear 24/7....i have many hats but no OKGO hat =(

make this dream come true
  • and please make sure that any zip hoodies that are sold are pre-shrunk--I hate those ones that shrink in the wash and the zipper gets all weird...and beanies are good. Ok Go belts maybe? I'd wear one.
  • beanies and belts would be super amazing
  • i suggest ok go plush dolls...
    so i can cuddle damian every night while i sleep...
    i'm not being serious...
    but i'm sure you knew that...
    cuz, really, when am i ever serious?!?
  • square pins would be grand.
    that and then something really cliche. like okgo is for lovers. cause the clicheness of that phrase is so utterly cliche that people refuse to wear those anymore, which i think is funny and makes it more amusing when people actually do wear them. and there probably are no other people who share the same random sense of humor as i do, so scratch that idea. stick with square pins.

p.s. the world "cliche" is cliche too. CLICHECLICHECLICHEEEEEEE!!!! and saying that cliche is cliche is ALSO cliche. and it's so past my bedtime...
    i'm gonna start a trend. everyone use "trite" isntead of cliche. from now on.
  • PANTIES.
    with side strings, "OK Go" logo in front. I'd rush into them...oh I mean I'll definitely buy them!!
  • I would SO buy a hoodie without a zipper. I don't like zipper hoodies. UHM Shoelaces might be cool too, but I dunno how easy that would be. What about posters?!? I would like to hang the boys on my wall so I can look at em all the time!
  • QUOTE (minia @ Mar 19 2005, 01:37 AM)
    i'm gonna start a trend. everyone use "trite" isntead of cliche. from now on.

ah, I love the word trite!

oh and merch.....I agree that hats would be very nice. I like hats.
  • The baseball t's could have the name of the new album on the front and then OKGo with #99 on the back (99 for 1999... the year they officially formed).

Also, how bout OKGo boxer's with "It's Tough To Have a Crush" on the waist band and little OKGo logos all over the shorts.
  • You should definitely do patches. Of some sort. And some nice fitted t-shirts for girls, cause although I love my Ok Go shirts, they would be a whole lot hotter if they were fitted. You could do tank tops, too...maybe put a lyric like "You're so damn hot" or something from the new album on the front and the logo on the back, or vice versa.

And I do think the non-zip hooded sweatshirts would be an excellent idea as well. biggrin.gif
  • The guys really ought to entertain the idea of a tour book/program "thingy".
  • OKGo shoelaces and socks! (seriously, I'd buy them)
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Mar 19 2005, 10:40 AM)
    i suggest ok go plush dolls...

That sounds nice! I don't think they should be plush though... Kids can play with the dolls instead of Barbie and learn how to dance w/ the video. It's important to educate them to be a OKGO fan from a very young age. What a perfect plan!

I want a tie which has small logos. How small? Like nobody notice that is okgo stuff without a gaze. Girls can wear them, too! But don't be like Avril.
  • OMG, OK Go socks. I love it.

And ties would be super cute too.
  • Ok Go socks??? hahaha (thumbs down)

As long as theres a bumper sticker Im happy smile.gif

But might I suggest maybe an Ok Go Track Jacket?
    And the Pull-Over Hoodie is a must.
  • QUOTE (Leikela4 @ Mar 27 2005, 02:18 AM)
    OKGo shoelaces and socks! (seriously, I'd buy them)

OKGo socks sound like OKGO sucks....
    hahaha.
  • definitely tote bags.

everyone loves totebags.

everytime i see totebags sold at a show it seems to be a huge success.

edit: also other things that are kind of random/weird like that. ben kweller used to sell ben kweller tooth brushes. maybe ok go could sell coffee mugs or something. people love stuff like that, because it's unique.
  • ok go bling.