In this Discussion

do the mosh?

edited November -1 in OK Go
*I mean "Do they mosh?" typo*

At Okgo concerts do people mosh and act all crazy? it isn't crazy muisic so i wouldn't suppose so but i want to be prepared. i have to choose which shoes i'm going to wear and know if i need to stay off to the side (i'm crowd claustraphobic (sp?))

thanks!

Comments

• QUOTE (DefyAllLogic @ Mar 24 2005, 05:52 PM)
    *I mean "Do they mosh?" typo*

At Okgo concerts do people mosh and act all crazy? it isn't crazy muisic so i wouldn't suppose so but i want to be prepared. i have to choose which shoes i'm going to wear and know if i need to stay off to the side (i'm crowd claustraphobic (sp?))

thanks!
    I've never known their crowds to be mosh-y or crowd-surfing kind (at least not yet), but I'd say choose your shoes depending on your location and the type of venue. Is OK Go popular there and how big is the venue? Anxious crowds in small clubs can get pushy.

Actually, just wear a good pair of dancing shoes. cool.gif
  • I've seen OkGo three times and there has been no moshing,just dancing. BUT remember you'll be standing,so wear comfortable shoes.
  • thanks for your help.

show tomorrow!

sweet dreams all!
  • QUOTE (DefyAllLogic @ Mar 26 2005, 01:34 AM)
    thanks for your help.

show tomorrow!

sweet dreams all!
    Have fun moshing! And don't forget to dance too. wink.gif
  • There was no moshing in Pittsburgh, which made me glad because I am not a fan. however I did tend to bust a move, a small move, but a move from time to time. anyway hope you had fun
  • Too bad I didn't see this earlier...I've been to 3 OK Go shows, and I was actually really surprised at the last one I went to: Lawrence. During "Get Over It," a bunch of dumbasses started to mosh. It was amusing b/c Damian and Andy looked at each other like "what the fuck are these kids doing?!" It wasn't violent moshing, but one of my friends did get knocked down. I thought it was damn obnoxious. Oh well, that was the only time it happened, during that song and at that show.

Hope you have/had fun at the show!
  • I hate senseless moshing,it looks stupid. I remember when I went to see the strokes people were moshing,and I was like what the hell...especially to Is this It. Now OkGo is dancing music,so I understand dancing,but moshing?common.
  • QUOTE (otherSara @ Mar 28 2005, 06:38 PM)
    Too bad I didn't see this earlier...I've been to 3 OK Go shows, and I was actually really surprised at the last one I went to: Lawrence.  During "Get Over It," a bunch of dumbasses started to mosh.  It was amusing b/c Damian and Andy looked at each other like "what the fuck are these kids doing?!"  It wasn't violent moshing, but one of my friends did get knocked down.  I thought it was damn obnoxious.  Oh well, that was the only time it happened, during that song and at that show.

Hope you have/had fun at the show!
    Moshing during OK Go? blink.gif Craziness.
    I think mock-moshing would be fun tho. I might have to try that next time.
  • DefyAllLogic, did have a good time at the show?
    Moshing is fun, when it isn't very rough.

Speaking of what I wear at concerts, I learnt from experience. I choose lace-up shoes or high-cut Converse. My sneakers came off my feet during some show and I had to look for them later. And no bras (I appreciate my flat boobs). The hooks came off and I couldn't hook them up. It was so annoying.
  • I saw setsumi was doing mosh thing on the concert. lol

.....Do you guys believe me?? hahaha. *grin*
  • Is it true, setsumi? Do you mosh during OK Go? blink.gif
    I need to find some people to fake mosh with next time. I think that would be fun! biggrin.gif
  • Well I'm glad someone gets to go to an Ok go concert, moshing or not, they'll still be there being awesome! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Mar 29 2005, 02:05 AM)
    DefyAllLogic, did have a good time at the show?
    Moshing is fun, when it isn't very rough.

Speaking of what I wear at concerts, I learnt from experience.  I choose lace-up shoes or high-cut Converse.  My sneakers came off my feet during some show and I had to look for them later.  And no bras (I appreciate my flat boobs).  The hooks came off and I couldn't hook them up.  It was so annoying.

yea i had a really good time. it was a small show. and my friend and i were dancing up a storm in a corner by the merch guy. it was kinda strange seeing tim standing overthere not being acknowledged for a while. but it's cool because we got to talk to him for a while a then meet the opening band when they were over there.

it was kind of strange when we first got there because we just looked at each other and wondered why everyone was so young... but it was also expected.

no moshing. loads of dancing. met everyone. got some autos. had a wicked time.

and i didn't even muss up my shoes or my hair!
  • QUOTE (DefyAllLogic @ Mar 29 2005, 08:59 PM)
    yea i had a really good time. it was a small show. and my friend and i were dancing up a storm in a corner by the merch guy. it was kinda strange seeing tim standing overthere not being acknowledged for a while. but it's cool because we got to talk to him for a while a then meet the opening band when they were over there.

it was kind of strange when we first got there because we just looked at each other and wondered why everyone was so young... but it was also expected.

no moshing. loads of dancing. met everyone. got some autos. had a wicked time.

and i didn't even muss up my shoes or my hair!
    Cool, glad you had a "wicked" experience. Where was this show?
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Mar 30 2005, 02:25 AM)
    Cool, glad you had a "wicked" experience.  Where was this show?

northampton.

(hey i'm from Massachusetts, saying "wicked" is just what we do.)
  • QUOTE (DefyAllLogic @ Mar 30 2005, 05:53 PM)
    northampton.

(hey i'm from Massachusetts, saying "wicked" is just what we do.)
    Yep, I'm familiar with the usage. I've just never been able to pick up on that one, but I get it more than "sick!"

*pushes setsumi*
    biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (newediamiya @ Mar 29 2005, 01:29 PM)
    I saw setsumi was doing mosh thing on the concert. lol
    .....Do you guys believe me?? hahaha. *grin*

Miya, did you see me moshing? *shrugs* I just remember dancing cheek to cheek with my (girl) friend on the stage while the boys played "Crush". Or maybe you saw me at other concerts like ASH, Green Day, The Libertines, The Datsuns, I've done the mosh there wink.gif.

*bumps against shades* tongue.gif
  • CLASSIC!
    But now I'm not sure I want to be the one causing people to make faces like those guys in the background.

and for some laughs and kicks, check out how creative some people got with this photo and photoshop:
    LAUGH/KICK

biggrin.gif

edit: aw, that link doesn't work anymore...
  • ha ha ha ha ha, that was hilarious. The moshing pictures. Poor girl!