In this Discussion

bloc party

edited November -1 in General Discussion
i'm going to see them this thursday!!!
i hear their live show is amazing, i'm psyched.

Comments

• whoo, have fun...
  • they are quite good live.
    have fun!
    biggrin.gif
  • very overrated band, but still good none the less.
  • i missed their instore by ONE day.
  • They've come to Japan twice. I heard the first show was okay, the latest one was great.
    So, how was the concert, Sai? They're coming back to Osaka soon, I'm wondering whether I should go.

If you like Bloc Party, Maximo Park might sound good to you too. In fact, I prefer them wink.gif.
    http://www.maximopark.co.uk
  • awesome.
    but the sound was kinda mediocre
    but it was awesome.

i agree that they're overrated, but if there wasn't so much hype, i think they'd be more enjoyed by everyone.
  • Has any of you guys heard the new album weekend in the city?I'm really loving bloc party right now and this new album is just so brilliant!!

The latest singles is "hunting for witches" and thouh the video is very minimalistic and simple, the song really rocks, especially the lyrics. It's important to talk about things as terrorist acts...
  • oo i love bloc party!!

i'm so pissed.. the only show they played in southern california during their last tour was in the greater san diego area right.. and so as most of you know i go to uni there, BUT they played the day i had to move out to go back home for summer!!
    gaaaaaaaaaahh

but yes i like them!!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Jun 30 2007, 11:10 PM)
    oo i love bloc party!!

i'm so pissed.. the only show they played in southern california during their last tour was in the greater san diego area right.. and so as most of you know i go to uni there, BUT they played the day i had to move out to go back home for summer!!
    gaaaaaaaaaahh

but yes i like them!!

that's really frustrating!
    I've missed them twice and i'm going to miss a third time because they're coming again next week. They've just left in may. Thank God they love Lisbon!I'm sure they'll be back and i won't miss them again...

Btw...how amazing is Gordon?(bass)
  • i missed out on bloc party tickets but as it turns out they're playing the same weekend/day as ok go. naturally ok go wins and i no longer feel bloc party bitterness =)
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jul 1 2007, 03:00 AM)
    i missed out on bloc party tickets but as it turns out they're playing the same weekend/day as ok go. naturally ok go wins and i no longer feel bloc party bitterness =)

I have to say, as much as I love bloc party...ok go would have won too, i can't blame you tongue.gif
  • aww, I love Bloc Party.

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Jun 30 2007, 06:14 PM)
    Btw...how amazing is Gordon?(bass)

YES. I adore Gordon Moakes. he's so adorable. rawr.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jun 30 2007, 10:00 PM)
    i missed out on bloc party tickets but as it turns out they're playing the same weekend/day as ok go. naturally ok go wins and i no longer feel bloc party bitterness =)

haha, that happened to me too! In March...the Ok Go/Snow Patrol tickets sold out, though, so I ended up going to Bloc Party that night. It was super awesome, so I didn't mind as much.
    I think the new album is somewhat hit-or-miss, but it's still very good.

and Gordon is completely amazing... still =P