In this Discussion

small town suckage

edited November -1 in OK Go
I hate living in small cities, i never get frequented by the best bands(or any good bands in general) i think the only concert that has been to Waco was three doors down and seether(?)....*involuntary shudder* and there was no way i was going to that....so here is my official request, i hope you're listening okgo, ....come play in waco after the trees concert, i mean come on its a friday and waco is only like an hour and a half south of dallas.....and for heavens sake, if you do come dont make it one of those horrible plus 21 or even a plus 17 show....i am the only member of my group of friends who is over 17 >< so even though i could go to the trees show on the 21 i would have to go stag so my parents wont let me. mad.gif enfuriating isnt it? and as a reward for stopping by la casa de seifer,but hopefully not just stopping by but playing, in Waco, Texas on the 22 of April, i will purchase any delicious item from the Wendy's dollar menu for each of the members of ok go. come on guys think it over, its quite the deal. free food, a total of four dollars worth of free dood. for songs. like a bartar of yon olden days. i know you can already smell the double bacon cheeseburger deliciousness of Wendy's fast food.....so yeah come to waco ill be waiting for your reply...think it over i mean this is the offer of a lifetime.

hahahaha i wish.

sucks living in a small town doesnt it?

Comments

• I have to second that...small towns do suck. I used to live in a town that was 2,000 people, if that. We never got ANYTHING. And we had NOTHING in our town. Now I live in the state capital which isn't all that great either. I think OK Go should come to NH. I could get them on the radio to do an interview thingy and all that fun stuff, thanks to my mom for working at the state's most popular radio station! lol! Yeah, I think OK Go should consider it:)
  • Can't complain, live in Chicago, but most of my close friends live out of state..... I could make list of places they should play, to no avail.....
  • I live (when I'm not at school) in an insanely small town.. village? It's unincorporated... the only convenient thing about it is that I'm inbetween Milwaukee and Chicago, so though there is nothing going on where I live, I can drive to either of the cities and hear some good music.
  • I'm about an hour or so from Boston. That's pretty convenient. But I wish I was in your situation Pam! I so badly want to live in a big city. damnit all
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Apr 15 2005, 02:27 AM)
    I live (when I'm not at school) in an insanely small town.. village? It's unincorporated... the only convenient thing about it is that I'm inbetween Milwaukee and Chicago, so though there is nothing going on where I live, I can drive to either of the cities and hear some good music.

ha ha well i can usually drive to dallas or austin buuuuuuut only on the weekends mad.gif if im lucky. and i usually have to have at least one friend which isnt so bad, unless they dont like the type of music you like. so yeah suckage.....at least i dont live in a village i guess laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Apr 14 2005, 08:37 PM)
    I'm about an hour or so from Boston. That's pretty convenient. But I wish I was in your situation Pam! I so badly want to live in a big city. damnit all

Don't worry, we will be living in LA soon biggrin.gif

Seifer, yeah I sometimes have trouble finding someone to go with me to certain shows... and I'm not confident enough to go by myself.
    Don't worry, we will be living in LA soon

hah! what was I thinking? I'm so silly.
  • ugh try living 6 +hrs from any big city. austin is 5-6 and houston is 6-7 hrs away from me and it really sucks when the shows are in the middle of the week. *cries* i wanted to go to the okgo show in houston. damn work won't let me have off, bastards! *shakes fist* well anywhoo i have made it a point to see a bunch of shows this coming summer, well actually the second part of summer. need to take summer 1 class to get ahead. but like most shows come to texas late summer anyway! i must see okgo (again), hot hot heat and franz ferdinand to stay sane for the next fall term. lol
  • i want no complaints of living in a small town... for i live in lake village indiana, population: 800... i soooo win the smallest town trophy...
  • I understand the whole small town thing...but I must say this: at least most of you live in decently large states and have the opportunity to drive to a show. I live in Nebraska...right now Kearney for school, but I'm from Lincoln, and we got next to nothing there, and to be honest, Omaha doesn't get a lot of great shows...it's getting better b/c of Qwest Center, but not much. Nebraska Sucks. Hmph.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 15 2005, 10:40 AM)
    i want no complaints of living in a small town... for i live in lake village indiana, population: 800... i soooo win the smallest town trophy...

you win size wise. *gives a blue ribbon* ok i don't know why i typed that blue ribbon thing.

but location texas wise i have the the crappiest spot! i live like in deep south texas, no where close to houston, austin, dallas or san antonio.
  • Aha...New Hampshire is a pretty crappy state to live in. Sure, sure, we have Boston an hour away. But we just recently got The Verizon center. So now we have a hockey team and a football team and a baseball team, and we get some decent concerts and such. But up until 4 years ago, we had nothing. It was horrible. I was a deprived child. And four years ago I was too young, according to my mom, to be going to concerts by myself and such. It was the worst:(
  • My friends and I REALLY want to go to Boston. We don't know why. We were thinking about driving out there this summer. Anything interesting to visit there?
  • i live in a pretty small but crowded city by the beach, but im exactly an hour away from L.A and San Diego, and their are so many concert places in orange county so pretty much their are always a billion good concerts to choose from
    My friends and I REALLY want to go to Boston. We don't know why. We were thinking about driving out there this summer. Anything interesting to visit there?

Boston is the best city. Seriously I am so in love with it. There's tons of stuff to see/do. If you're a history buff, then obviously you can walk the freedom trail. You can shop, go to Mike's pastries(a must!), go to Cambridge, go to Harvard square. It's a great city. I highly recommend it:)