In this Discussion

4.12.05 Atlanta Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
So, for some reason our AudioBloggity technology is down. I think we broke it. We never should have tried Audioblog: Underwater.

Anyway, there's about 2 hours before the Atlanta show, and there's no way that Tim will see this blog posting before then. So, if you're heading to that show (tonight at The Earl) here's your AudioBlog command. Pretend I'm reading it to you in a soft but manly voice:

"If you're going to the show tonight, you will bring the bassist, Tim Nordwind, a photograph of a famous person that you have ripped from a magazine. Be sure to decorate that photograph with a handlebar mustache and a speech bubble that says 'Atlanta agrees: Tim Nordwind is kind of cute, in a pet turtle sort of way.' Please refrain from using exclamation marks in crafting your message."

Comments

• Damn, I missed the mission.....oh well, my ass was scurrying along I-75 when that was posted.

I'd like to apologize to the band for the dead audience in Atlanta.....sorry y'all. There were several chicks up front under Damian who sang every word of the old songs and were obviously having a great time (y'all were very cute, ladies!), but the majority of the group was pretty subdued. I was disappointed in them. I was up front under Andy/Rusty (a very nice place to be indeed), lovin' every minute of it. The suits, the cufflinks, the ties, everything.....perfect. Thanks, y'all, for coming back to Atlanta right when I needed you to.....I adore y'all, and I had the most fun.

And I peed my pants laughing at the Cinnamon Lips dance......I feel like I've witnessed something special and wonderful that not many people get to see.....like the birth of a baby orca or something....it was THAT special.

And I'm in love with the new songs......I think one was called "Oh no"......made me melt. I can't wait for the new CD.

Thanks to Tim for chatting with me after the show.....he's just the cutest thing ever.
    smile.gif
  • Um, hey, who opened in Atlanta? Thanks!
  • QUOTE (Twi_prime @ Apr 14 2005, 02:29 AM)
    Um, hey, who opened in Atlanta?  Thanks!

I had to drive 3 hours to the show, so I think I missed the first opening band.....we got there just in time for Second Shift. They were pretty awesome too.....fantastic energy and great songs. They also covered The Cars "Just What I Needed"......always fun. I'm gonna look into them a little more, I think they're from Atlanta (?).
  • QUOTE (bertie @ Apr 14 2005, 08:54 AM)
    I had to drive 3 hours to the show, so I think I missed the first opening band.....we got there just in time for Second Shift.  They were pretty awesome too.....fantastic energy and great songs.  They also covered The Cars "Just What I Needed"......always fun.  I'm gonna look into them a little more, I think they're from Atlanta (?).

Si, they are local. And the lead singer boy looks like what would happen if Damian and Alex Greenwald had a love child.

I'm just sayin'.

Gosh, I wish I'd been there. Stupid 21-plussage. I'm glad those members of the audience who were not dead had fun, though!
  • QUOTE (sparklytaco @ Apr 15 2005, 03:06 PM)
    Si, they are local. And the lead singer boy looks like what would happen if Damian and Alex Greenwald had a love child.

I'm just sayin'.

Gosh, I wish I'd been there. Stupid 21-plussage. I'm glad those members of the audience who were not dead had fun, though!

Hey you.
    Where in Geeeeeeorgia are you? I'm in Statesboro. You're exactly right about the love child thing....too funny. But I think there's also a little Mick Jagger in there too.....attitude- and sexy-dance-wise. Very attractive young man. I'm prolly old enough to be his mother tho.

I had an absolute blast at the Atlanta show.....I hope the OKGO guys know that!! I hope Second Shift does shows down in Savannah too....they were fuuuun.
    smile.gif
  • QUOTE (bertie @ Apr 15 2005, 05:20 PM)
    Hey you.
    Where in Geeeeeeorgia are you?  I'm in Statesboro.  You're exactly right about the love child thing....too funny.  But I think there's also a little Mick Jagger in there too.....attitude- and sexy-dance-wise.  Very attractive young man.  I'm prolly old enough to be his mother tho.

I had an absolute blast at the Atlanta show.....I hope the OKGO guys know that!!  I hope Second Shift does shows down in Savannah too....they were fuuuun.
    smile.gif

I'm in the Canton area, an hour or so north of Atlanta. You're right with the Mick Jagger bit. Definitely working the hand-on-the-hip strut type thing. He was a cutie pie. I saw them opening for Hot Hot Heat a few weeks ago and I had a spot directly in front of the man with the very, very large hair, and he was a little startling. I know they have an Athens show soon, so maybe they'll get to Savannah soon too!

I just think it was so nice that Damian finally got to meet his long lost son, I wish I could have been there. =D
    I just think it was so nice that Damian finally got to meet his long lost son, I wish I could have been there. =D

Damian? Alex? Jagger? can we get a picture for this guy?? biggrin.gif
  • There are a couple of great photos on this page:

http://www.secondshiftmusic.com/download.html

He's even doing the hand-on-hip pose in one of them.....very cute!!! smile.gif
  • Damianesque face and hair, Jagger dancin' action...

But definite Greenwaldian eyes.

• He is beautiful. lol.

Awesome pics...and you're right. He really does have the whole Damian face and hair thing going on.