In this Discussion

Tim's the man!

edited November -1 in OK Go
The boards have been pretty quiet, so I figured since we've been showing the love to the other guys, why not show some for Tim?

He's the coolest guy ever. I wish he was my best friend cool.gif <-- Tim's glasses are way cooler than these shades, btw

Comments

• ...he's the damn coolest bassist I've ever known, well I don't really know him, but he's still a damn cool bassist.

And he sings Cinnamon Lips...enough said biggrin.gif
  • I forgot the awesome sideburns! They are so cool.. and they don't curl inwards towards the ear, so he gets double coolness points for that tongue.gif
  • I also love the bald head. Any man who embraces his baldness, instead of trying to hide it away and pretend it's not there...well that just makes Tim the ultimate cool man!

From the Chicago Open End Gallery show
  • i had to duck down, and still tim had to go on his tippy toes. and he was nice. and his autograph is like modern art. i tried analyzing it and everything.
  • Ooooh yeah, way to go! Getting your arm around him! I'm pretty short so I didn't have to duck down at all..

And yeah, his signature is probably one of the most bizarre signatures I've ever seen... but I love it! It's all boxy and cool. Find out anything with the analysis?
  • I didn't get to talk to Tim at the show in DC cause the venue people were kicking us out and only Damian went outside...but here he is during the show:

and during Les Miz:

• About the autograph... Thanks, because I was trying to figure out which one was which. And, yeah, he is a pretty damn intricate part of the band if you ask me... He's awesome. Oh yea, during the cinnimon lips dance, do they make the vocals higher pitched or am i crazy?? If not, then damian sings damn high.
  • dude.. ok go would not be ok go without him!
    Oh yea, during the cinnimon lips dance, do they make the vocals higher pitched or am i crazy?? If not, then damian sings damn high.

Are you talking about the voice in the background? Because I'm sure that's Damian...but Tim sings lead in the song...

dude.. ok go would not be ok go without him!

Ain't that the truth biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ May 3 2005, 08:54 PM)
    Are you talking about the voice in the background? Because I'm sure that's Damian...but Tim sings lead in the song...

Tim? Really? How can I be a crazy ok go stalker and not have known that????? Wow. They say you learn something new every day. Oh yea, Have you gone to your nearby ok go show (that I was gonna vicariously live through you with) yet??? I think yall were gonna go to a canada show if i'm right.
    I think yall were gonna go to a canada show if i'm right.

Yeah, we're going to the May 27th show in Montreal. It's a few weeks, and I'm not really sure I can wait that long! lol
  • That's 24 days too many! I want the show to be right now!
  • Tim knows how to say "I must have you tonight" in Swedish.

Now that's hot. tongue.gif
  • Tim is the coolest! He is like my hero! He is my favorite bass player, while next to kim deal, she's my idol. i hope to be as cool as her and tim when i grow up. biggrin.gif
    So wish i could have seen them in houston, wish they would come back to texas fast, like right now. tongue.gif

Tim= Rad Enough said!!

[attachment=59:attachment]

[attachment=61:attachment]
  • Would you check out his amazing shirt? I love it! What style Tim has! Yet another reason I love him biggrin.gif
  • i totally agree with ya. tim is such a snazzy dresser! another reason why i think he is rad, cause i adore his fashion sense
  • QUOTE (sally simpson @ May 3 2005, 08:58 PM)
    Oh yea, Have you gone to your nearby ok go show (that I was gonna vicariously live through you with) yet???  I think yall were gonna go to a canada show if i'm right.

Haha, I just read this again, and I feel as though I should clarify the show really isn't "nearby" for either of us, but we're crazy-loyal fans so we'll be there!

And in keeping with the Tim love, here's one of my fave videos of him..

SUPERIOR HYGENICS: Truth in Dentistry

"The way I give it to you freaky... yeah, you know what I mean" tongue.gif
    "The way I give it to you freaky... yeah, you know what I mean"

that is, by far, the best part of that video...i couldn't stop laughing the first time i heard it. Oh Tim...you're a silly man