In this Discussion

POLL do what you want or invincible

edited November -1 in OK Go
i thought that we needed a poll for this intense stuff....

i like "do what you want" i think its more catchy

but invincible is great too!

listen to the songs at

http://okgo.net/email/2005/poll.html

Comments

• Yea both songs are good. sound more mature than some of their old stuff.
    good to see the're only getting better biggrin.gif
    Do wat u want seems more catchy but i'm more likely to get sick of it quicker, and i really love the rockier sound of invincible.oooooh im so excited now. smile.gif i love it when new stuff comes out.
  • It took me aaages to decided, but i went for do what you want. It just seemed to grab me abit more.

Becky x x
  • They're both good songs and i think Do What You Want has the initial impact that will make other people think 'wow, whos this?' But ive gone for Invincible just because musically its a better song (in my humble opinion). Im guessing they'll release both anyway, or maybe they'll do a double A-Side? Either way i hope they promote themselves a little more with this album. Here in the Uk they barely did anything, and its a shame cos ive had to do it for them wink.gif But it makes me look cool
  • When Get Over It was released, they did perform on Top Of The Pops, and the video was on MTV2 and Kerrang, but then they never released another single, so I guess that's why they a lot of people saw them as "1 hit wonders". Which is a shame since the album is so great. biggrin.gif
  • They didn't seem to bothered with britain at all! But our music industry was in a state of decline, the fact they're touring with the Kaisers may mean they get a bit more limelight in the uk press and hopefully spend a bit more time here. I'd love to go and see them, maybe they could take Kylies headline slot at glastonbury wink.gif
  • Yeah, it was in a state of decline back then, mainly cause Busted were at the peak of their popularity back then wacko.gif . As for Ok Go taking Kylie's Glastonbury spot, there's probably a tiny chance that might happen, but I think that headlining the Reading/Leeds festivals would be more possible.
  • Might do next year? Glasto isnt on next year so im thinking reading and leeds will get sold out in seconds and probably have a kick-ass line up! I wonder who will fill in my Kylie? Stereophonics maybe? Unless coldplay or oasis get asked. Who knows? I think Glastonbury and Kylie don't mix! Glastonbury is for cool bands cool.gif not pop princesses! Avril Lavigne could step in huh.gif
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ May 18 2005, 03:54 AM)
    They didn't seem to bothered with britain at all! But our music industry was in a state of decline, the fact they're touring with the Kaisers may mean they get a bit more limelight in the uk press and hopefully spend a bit more time here.

I don't want to burst your bubble, because I fully hope OK Go get huge there, but I wouldn't get my hopes up on that just from the Kaisers tour. I had hoped Feeder would finally get back into the spotlight here when they toured with Rooney, because, after all, they're rather huge over there.

They've since been basically dropped by their label (I'm not sure on the specifics but I know there's no longer a record deal, we're likely not getting Pushing the Senses on cd here, nor a tour sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif) and so forth. I'm not saying it'd happen with every band but it seems to be harder and harder for some bands to break through the international barrier anymore.
  • Well Feeder where never massive here and to be honest not many British bands make it big over there, alot of our biggest artists dont make a dent on the US. Mainly due to it being a huge place and bands dont wanna be touring for 2 years in the hope people will get to know them better. At least with Britain when a band gets even half big everyone seems to know em. Im more hoping that the Kaisers will get friendly and bring them on tour with them in the Uk or at least try and persuade them to come over
  • i really love both songs, but i feel like "Do What You Want" has more mass appeal.

i can't wait for everyone and their mother to hear about ok go.

that will be a great day. laugh.gif
  • My mum knows about them. She says they're 'cool' like me