In this Discussion

I'm engaged!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
here's my ring

biggrin.gif

~Rachael

Comments

• Wowza, I had no idea you were even close to engagement! Who is this guy?
  • Ahh Rachael, congrats!!!! I'm assuming the guy you were with at the OH shows is the lucky guy? You looked cute together!

Very pretty ring, by the way!
  • Congratulations! That's so exciting!
  • AHHHHH THATS SO EXCITING!!!

congratulations, rachael, you must be SOOOO happy

awwwwwww

im so jealous biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Congrats! I got engaged on March 21st and posted about it on the board too. It's very exciting, isn't it!!??

Your ring is very pretty. How did he propose? I love hearing proposal and wedding stories. I'm a geek.

Congrats again! When do you plan on getting married??

(EDIT) I posted pictures of my ring here...but I decided to move them to my old engagement post instead. So if anyone wants to see my ring, they can check the other "I'm engaged!" thread started by me.

~Jill
  • aww congratulationssss!!!!!

please provide us withd etails ahhaha
  • Apparently getting engaged is an epidemic...haha. My cousin just got engaged last night too. Crazy.
  • congrats!!!
    am i gonna be invited to the wedding?!?
    hehe...
  • Waoooo laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif RACHAEL, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
    Soooo exciting that you almost gave me a heart attack.

...but, you guys had better respect for "seniority system". In order of age, I should have been the very first married woman...
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ May 8 2005, 10:57 PM)
    Apparently getting engaged is an epidemic...haha.  My cousin just got engaged last night too.  Crazy.

HAHAHHAHA youre right. Friday night was my "haan" which is like...when your in-laws come over to make it "official" like...no turning back now, kind of deal. Up until now, I changed my mind every day..buttt not anymore. our familes even gave out the mithayee(mithayee=like...this sweet stuff you give out to make happy announcements like wedding, engagements and babies) so now the whole world knows--now i REALLY cant change my mind. it sheraz, by the way. but yeah...ummm...i'm not as happy as you guys about it so I never bothered making a thread haha. dont get me wrong...im not UNhappy...im just not happy. im just..blah abt it. maybe it hasnt sunk in yet? Maybe I've become numb to it? who knows...I know i CAN be happy about it though...cause remember before when I agreed to marry him, i WAS happy about it...I used to change 832798473 outfits before seeing him and stuff. I hope I can feel that way again.

we're exchanging rings when i go to pakistan this summer.

girls, perhaps thsi is because of the whole not being into this thing, but is it a little depressing that we can never have a crush again? it seems to me like the fun in everything has been taken out. like before...my rfiends and i were like "ohh theres cute boys there...lets go!" and now its like whats the point of going any where!
  • Even though I'm getting married, I'll still think people are cute. And I'm sure my husband will too. That's just human nature. But when I used to have crushes...they never went anywhere. I won't miss that. I'm happy to have someone forever.

Congrats to all engaged people!

~Jill
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ May 9 2005, 05:48 AM)
    girls, perhaps thsi is because of the whole not being into this thing, but is it a little depressing that we can never have a crush again? it seems to me like the fun in everything has been taken out. like before...my rfiends and i were like "ohh theres cute boys there...lets go!" and now its like whats the point of going any where!

I kindof feel the same way. But as she said, my crushes never went anywhere so... bla.

Um... details. It was after the Columbus Dresden Dolls show in early April we went to dinner at this place called Bettys and he asked me, heh. I didn't have a ring till like a couple weeks ago though cause he knew if he picked one out w/o me there I probably wouldn't like it. tongue.gif

Of corse you're invited Darbie. biggrin.gif

~Rachael
    at work
  • ahhh congratulations to everyone!!

amina..does that mean youre getting MARRIED this summer? is that the same thing as exchanging rings?? *so confused*

anyhow, youve never been perfectly normal, lol so i think youre going through the typical marriage process backwards. cold feet first. hot everything else later

dont even worry about it biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Leikela4 @ May 10 2005, 10:39 PM)
    Um... details.  It was after the Columbus Dresden Dolls show in early April we went to dinner at this place called Bettys and he asked me, heh.  I didn't have a ring till like a couple weeks ago though cause he knew if he picked one out w/o me there I probably wouldn't like it.  tongue.gif

Rachael and the lucky man went shopping for the ring together. What a sweet moment smile.gif .
  • QUOTE (sara with no h @ May 11 2005, 01:36 AM)
    ahhh congratulations to everyone!!

amina..does that mean youre getting MARRIED this summer? is that the same thing as exchanging rings?? *so confused*

anyhow, youve never been perfectly normal, lol so i think youre going through the typical marriage process backwards. cold feet first. hot everything else later

dont even worry about it  biggrin.gif

HAHAHHAHA that is SO true. thats why im fine iwth it hahahha. i expect this!

and umm NOO!!! hell no!!!! do i look like im ready to get married!??!?! nooo. exchanging rings woul be like our official "engagement" i dont wnat to get married for another 2 years! he wants to get married as soon as he gets a job! i think hes coming back to canada(hes in pakistan right now visiting his family) in july to start his PhD. how long is that??? i guess the wedding owuld be when he finishes his phd--unlessss he gets a REALLY good job before then. then the weddign owuld be like, 8-10 months after he gets his job(so he has enough time to get some saving together) I'm hoping we wait until hes done with his phd. cause then i can finish my degree as well. AND i can mature a little more. im not ready to be marrrriedddd!!!
  • id ont know if u mentioned thsi already, but when are u guys getting married??? do you have any plans as far as if you want a big wedding or small wedding or where it will be or ANYTHING???

weddings are so FUN!
    ....as long as its not mine. hahaha.
  • Cool, hope your wedding goes well. smile.gif