In this Discussion

POLL Star Wars

edited November -1 in General Discussion
so what do you think?.......i know im a nerd for making this poll haha

Comments

• I expect im going to make myself even more unpopular by saying that i dont like any of them unsure.gif I dont know why, maybe its cos everyone else seems to love them, but ive never seen the appeal. Im not much of a sci-fi fan anyway, and im just not grabbed by them. Sorry.. 1 vote goes to they all suck *boooooo to me*
  • Yes, I also voted for "they all suck" (you're not the only one Revolver!). I have nothing against sci-fi, but I've only seen 2 of the original ones, and I was bored during them. Maybe I should give them a try again some time in the future, but for now, my vote stands.
  • I've only seen episode 1, so I voted I hadn't seen them. I'm in no rush at all to ever see any more. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but I don't see what the big fuss is about.
  • ya feel like a nerd.............haha
  • QUOTE (jezebelseven @ May 20 2005, 08:07 PM)
    I've only seen episode 1, so I voted I hadn't seen them. I'm in no rush at all to ever see any more. I mean, it wasn't horrible, but I don't see what the big fuss is about.

yeah
    if i saw only episode 1, i wouldn't care. but you need to see the originals. not episodes I and II

Return of the Jedi is the best by far.
  • QUOTE (Seifer @ May 21 2005, 05:28 AM)
    ya feel like a nerd.............haha

Well i absolutely love Lord of the Rings, which is pretty nerdy i guess. I've given star wars every chance to impress me and the old ones aren't too bad, but the new ones in my opinion are absolute guff! The thing that bugs me most is the over use of special effects and to make it worse they always look rubbish! Lord of the Rings is much better wink.gif
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ May 21 2005, 02:05 AM)
    yeah
    if i saw only episode 1, i wouldn't care. but you need to see the originals. not episodes I and II

The problem with that is, being as anal as I am, I once swore I would never watch them out of order, and I'd only watch the old ones when the new ones were out. So to get to 4 5 6, I have to do 1 2 3, or I'd be angry with myself laugh.gif

I actually have a feeling when I eventually do watch them all, I'll be a fan of the more recent ones more. It's hard to explain.

I'm also not a fan of the Lord of the Rings, either. The only somewhat trendy thing like this that I'm a big fangirl of, is Harry Potter. That's still probably got its nerdy tone to it, though. ;P
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ May 21 2005, 02:05 AM)
    yeah

It's true. Empire Strikes Back was really boring, and the first two new ones weren't terribly good.
  • QUOTE (jezebelseven @ May 21 2005, 04:53 PM)
    I'm also not a fan of the Lord of the Rings, either. The only somewhat trendy thing like this that I'm a big fangirl of, is Harry Potter. That's still probably got its nerdy tone to it, though. ;P

I wouldn't go so far as to say Lord of the Rings is 'trendy' I mainly like it cos i read the books as a kid, and im pretty sure the new Star Wars were made as they were a sure success despite how good or bad they were going to be.
  • i dont like star wars...lotr or harry potter...
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ May 22 2005, 08:12 PM)
    I wouldn't go so far as to say Lord of the Rings is 'trendy' I mainly like it cos i read the books as a kid, and im pretty sure the new Star Wars were made as they were a sure success despite how good or bad they were going to be.

Yeah, episode 4 was originally gonna be the only star wars film, so Lucas only made the sequels and the prequels cause of it's success. Not bad sequels though.
  • ahhh star wars... my boyfriends uni friends are ALL massive star wars fan. so we went to see it the first day it opened. and everyone was cheering and such. it was a joyous occassion. my favourite is episode one tho... its like LOTR 1, all happy and scene setting smile.gif
  • i wouldnt consider myself a star wars freak

but ive seen them all and enjoyed them all [except episodes 1 and 2...but thats because they suck and theyre not worthy of being mentioned (but episode 3 redeemed everything!)]

and i have to say i LOVE LOVE LOVED episode 3...

i was totally geeking out during the fight scenes

but im not as crazy about star ward as i am about harry potter...hahaha
  • Episode 3= undoubtably the best Star Wars film.