In this Discussion

Do What You Want

edited November -1 in OK Go
So im a junior in high school here in Pgh PA...

and every morning in home room they play a program called

channel one news

its mostly lame and i keep my cd player on

but today, Tony Hawk was on, so i kept my cd player off...

and they were talking about monkeys...

and then coming back from a commercial

they played DO WHAT YOU WANT

i was so excited to hear it i know it was OK GO right away.

so does this mean this is the new single?

i personally like invincible better, but either way im happy.

sweet.

rock.

-derek

Comments

• Could be? Is there any guarentee that they're both on the album? I still think they're going to make it a double A-Side, cos surely if they think both songs are good enough to release as singles they will release both anyway, so what does it matter which one comes first?
  • QUOTE (_the_everglow_ @ May 24 2005, 11:47 AM)
    So im a junior in high school here in Pgh PA...

Hey, I grew up in Pittsburgh. What school? smile.gif

Oops, getting off topic there.
  • I'm a junior in Pgh PA! is chanel one on the radio or a school thing? btw i go to shaler..but we can discuss that later
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ May 24 2005, 12:57 PM)
    Could be? Is there any guarentee that they're both on the album? I still think they're going to make it a double A-Side, cos surely if they think both songs are good enough to release as singles they will release both anyway, so what does it matter which one comes first?

I highly, highly doubt a double a-side will come about, at least, here stateside. It's pretty uncommon to my knowledge. I've seen a lot of bands start using the fans to vote on things like that though, its increasingly common, if memory serves, Feeder did it for... Hm, I think it was Find the Colour, or maybe Comfort In Sound (which was used as a tour only single).

And Channel One, as far as I remember from my middle school days, was a tv program.
  • So long as the picture on the fornt of the single looks good, thats all im interested in. And some good b-sides of course
  • i remember when OK Go hosted Channel One back when i was in high school. my friends nearly DIED as they came over the tv and some of us were late for class because we HAD to watch the whole thing. one of them even called up Channel One and got a copy of the episode. LOL it's funny because the boys would be introducing the news headlines like Tim would open with a couple of lines about the environment and then throw it to a young reporter. HILARIOUS.

to my knowledge, they were the only band to appear on Channel One as guest hosts. Oh silly OK Go...this is why i love you! only you guys would want to host Channel One News. haha
  • oh shit i remember that too! i watched that on the website!
  • ha we get channel one here too!

except i cant watch it because i have wind ensemble first period...no tv in the room

pfft
  • What is channel one? What is it for?
  • QUOTE (sally simpson @ May 28 2005, 03:09 PM)
    What is channel one?  What is it for?

If it's still like it used to be, it's a current events news type of show, geared towards younger kids/high school/etc