In this Discussion

Nerdy vs. hot

2»

Comments

• hahaha I am so shallow....

I'll admit I'm proably a geek but geeky guys just don't do it for me. Nah-uh. *shudders* THIS all relates to ex-bf's who were geeks and then turned into bubbering wrecks/talkers....

geeks are not fun!!
  • Nerdy is, by definition I believe, clearly nerdy, although this is not exclusive of being hot.
  • QUOTE (Gilmorethemokid @ Dec 1 2004, 04:18 PM)
    ... Talk nerdy to me baby.  rolleyes.gif I Love nerds...

Do you wanna see my hardrive?
    idk

laugh.gif
  • <3 nerdy girls... sometimes
  • QUOTE (MODERNage @ Dec 13 2004, 09:43 PM)
    <3 nerdy girls... sometimes

i'm a nerd with class...
  • thats my kind of nerd
  • QUOTE (atypicaltiffany @ Dec 4 2004, 01:21 PM)
    Unless you're into that sort of thing...  And is it just me, or is Toby Maguire incredibly unattractive while running?  (As opposed to his usual mild unattractiveness.)

Oh man, I was just watching Spiderman 2 today and I was reminded of this thread when I saw Toby Maguire running. And yes it wasn't good. But I think most guys look terrible when running or working out because they make that face. You know what I mean.
  • Okay... As a self-described intelligent "rock chick" who has exclusively dated computer geeks and who is almost exclusively attracted to what could be described as "geeky" or "nerdy" guys, I think we need to define the terms of this discussion and make some distinctions. I propose the following:

-geeks-intelligent, tend to be intersted in computers, video games, and anything associated with science and/or technology, at the very least are often useful and at most are often cute, everyone I've dated has probably fallen into this category more than the following categories, often tend to be sexually inexperienced

-nerds-intelligent, tend to be interested in science, math, language, history, making good grades, ect., tend to have very high SAT, ACT, ect. scores, are also often both useful and cute, also often tend to be sexually inexperienced, this category brings to mind every college professor I've ever had who looked really hot in khakis as well as both Rivers Cuomo of Weezer and Gideon Yago of MTV News

-sci fi geeks-may or may not be very bright, tend to be obsessed with or at least intersted in Star Trek, Star Wars, anime, Dungeons and Dragons, what have you, while this can be kinda cute when it show it shows up in the same people who fall into the first two categories, it can become annoying and by itsself tends to totally weird me out, usually sexually inexperienced, but it can vary

-emo boys-may oy may not be very bright, tend to be obsessed with being "more punk rock than you", "more intelligent than you", or "more on the fringe than you", can be sexually inexperienced, but are sometimes downright slutty, I consider them to be "trendy geeks" or "faux nerds", often drunks and drug abusers at a much higher degree than other nerd/geek specimens

-dorks-usually not too intelligent, often can be described as "socially retarded", usually prone to running around acting like absolute idiots and may or may not be aware of how foolish they look, usually sexually inexperienced because no one in their right mind would get near them, bring to mind the character of Napoleon Dynamite

That said, I've dated geeks and nerds of all shapes, sizes, and colors. I tend to find thick glasses, intelligence, and male virginity a turn on, but that's probably the extent of my preference. If anybody else out there feels me, let me know!
  • i tend to differentiate between "geeks" and "nerds" as well. i concur with the above classifications for the most part.

i'm attracted to nerdy guys. julie can attest to this. biggrin.gif
  • All depepends what you mean by nerdy? A solid nerd tends not to want to speak to people in real life, preferring to chat to people on forums and chat rooms.. tongue.gif On the other hand, intelligent girls are amazingly attractive. So im saying not too sure either way.. Haven't fancied a 'nerd' to date, but then nerd is a word generally used for someone you dont like.

But to be fair, you post this on a forum and you're going to get a pretty bias view. I suggest a questionnaire around streets, schools, pubs and homeless shelters
  • I'm definitely a nerd based on your definition. Except that looking like Rivers Cuomo part. And the fact that I think math sucks.

Going way back to the comments on Tobey MacGuire--was it just me whose favorite part of Spiderman 2 was when he was walking along the street with that song playing and he tripped and fell flat on his face?
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ May 23 2005, 07:28 PM)
    I'm definitely a nerd based on your definition. Except that looking like Rivers Cuomo  part. And the fact that I think math sucks.
    Going way back to the comments on Tobey MacGuire--was it just me whose favorite part of Spiderman 2 was when he was walking along the street with that song playing and he tripped and fell flat on his face?

Yeah. I don't really care for Tobey Maguire either. He just seems really dippy to me for some reason.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Dec 5 2004, 01:47 PM)
    i think he's unattractive in all aspects.

I love your dog! What kind is it?
  • Another thing that I was wondering if anyone that wasn't me had any insight on is why do ya'll think so many of us are attracted to nerds? Cuz I was actually that way even back in elementary school. tongue.gif
  • me and all of my friends are nerds, but those cool kinds haha (or so we think!)

actually, in mys chool we are classified as "band fags" (btw yay! i made assistand DRUM MAJOR!!!)

anyhow

boys i am attracted to...are all different. i don't have a type. as long as they are smart, funny, talented, and have good hygiene...and aren't ridiculously unattractive...then i'd probably like him!

ha...the guy i like right now could be called nerdy, but i honestly dont think so. just because hes a genius and he has no television...does not make him a nerd, lol. it's noy like he has atrocious taste in clothes. biggrin.gif