In this Discussion

recent addictions...?

Comments

• QUOTE (Revolver @ May 27 2005, 02:08 PM)
    I think other people would say they're quite annoying. I dont know why i do it, i just dont like to take forums seriously, although i do and understand that other people do take them very seriously, i prefere to not let myself to get too into it or i'll lose myself online and rot away

Thats not a knock at anyone, just my stance on things

Well, I never take anything to heart. Almost never. Which is why I find everything funny.

I've already lost my soul to the internet. It's what my parents get for being too damn strict.
  • i lost about 2 years of my life when i was 16 and 17 to the net. first it was chat rooms, then it was Final Fantasy forums then Msn... Even had an online girlfriend huh.gif It turned me into a social retard, but now i sustain a healthy balance of real life and escapism. Saying that, im going nuts online at the mo cos im so bored!
  • haha
    im not allowed out of the house pretty much. i started with chatrooms. and then this message board. and then other message boards, but the other ones werent cool. so now i just have this and my livejournal. because im crazily lameee like that.
    my brother had that whole online girlfriend thing. yeah. it's stupid.

the internet has gotten relaly boring lately.
  • the best thing about online girlfriends is that you imagine/hope they are super cool looking people cos they share your interests so you imagine them to be cool look, nice hair, clothes etc and then they send you a picture... Im not a shallow person but when someone looks like the back end of a camel you know its just not going to work out.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ May 27 2005, 02:25 PM)
    the best thing about online girlfriends is that you imagine/hope they are super cool looking people cos they share your interests so you imagine them to be cool look, nice hair, clothes etc and then they send you a picture... Im not a shallow person but when someone looks like the back end of a camel you know its just not going to work out.

that's the best thing? just hoping theyre cool looking people?
  • yeah i kinda ranted and lost what i was saying, the best thing is finidnd out they're not and realising the internet is not the wonderful world of poeple just like you that you think it is.. Dont pick on me, im english
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ May 27 2005, 02:31 PM)
    yeah i kinda ranted and lost what i was saying, the best thing is finidnd out they're not and realising the internet is not the wonderful world of poeple just like you that you think it is.. Dont pick on me, im english

aw now that's sad

i love them brits.
    im going to england in 25 dayssss. im incredibly excited.
  • Should be nice and warm then! Where abouts you going?

Kt Tunstall is amazing! I think is my new favourite lady!
  • noooo clue where we're going. we're there for a week. what do you recommend? i dont want warm. im coming from 110 degree weather :-\
    and then i go to st. andrews for a month-long summer program.
  • its nowhere near that hot here.. Im not sure what to recommend, london obviously. Other than that i dunno what your after, and its not as small a place as it looks. Liverpool is a cool place, then theres all the historic towns and stuff
  • It was warm in Portsmouth yesterday but it's not usually like that. It's the naval capital of the U.K., lots of old ships in the harbour. I live near a castle that was built by the Romans, so it's a good place to go if your into history.
  • I'm addicted to cigerattes now! blink.gif
    Is that bad for me, I'm 17.
  • hahaha a arandom search on google brought up this post. A day back in my okgo forum youth... Im addicted to Rosey. Im a shameful heart destroyed mess.
  • QUOTE (HelloScary @ May 28 2005, 02:52 PM)
    I'm addicted to cigerattes now! blink.gif
    Is that bad for me, I'm 17.

are you kidding me?
    no shit it's bad for you.
  • ahhhh old threads....

i'm addicted to none of the things i was addicted to before. I'm addicted to absolutely nothing. darn.

but i'm moving out in like less than 2 weeks, guess then i'll start to pick up bad addictive habits again lol
  • Damn university life! In about 3 weeks i'll be back to be being a lazy drunken bum who jus listens to music all day and does fuck all else. But at least im given £4000 to do that! Awesomeoooooo
  • haha yea i know. i'm getting less money from the government this year sad.gif but it's still £4,646 HAHA

And my parents have to pay ALL my fees this year and give me extra money. Which is kinda bad for them cos my dad isn;t working AT ALL anymore, and now both of my parents are like, classed as disabled, but they still have to pay. fun! lol
  • why do they have to pay? m parents dont pay for any of my stuff, and i dont really want them to. It gives me free reign to do as i please at university knowing that i am the one putting myself through it. I usually only get 3k which was £600 less than what i need to cover rent and fees so i've be struggling for the past few years, should be ok this year. Need a job though. Goddamn stupid labour fucking government enforcing fees on us when we get a shit service at uni!!! God i hate England
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Sep 4 2005, 04:35 PM)
    Goddamn stupid labour fucking government enforcing fees on us when we get a shit service at uni!!! God i hate England

Is that at least somewhat a joke? I mean, you guys must know how great you've got it, right? I have to pay over $50,000 a year for tuition, fees & living expenses. Even low-interest government loans only cover $18,500, so the rest is all private loans. Yay USA!
  • For 50k a year you must of gone to some high end uni, so what do you expect? Over here if you go to cambridge or one of the high end you pay the same as someone going into the very worst university but i also expect someone at cambridge will get sponsored by a business. All that aside, university shouldn't cost nearly enough as it does. Education should be free