In this Discussion

unsigned bands/performers...and hi!!!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
hey people!!

i'm on a computer i don't usually use and i can't use the shift key, so please excuse my lack of capitalization and proper punctuation.

i haven't been around for a while and i haven't really posted on this since it's been a new board, so i'm sure i don't know a lot of you, but heyyyy to anyone who remembers who i am.

with that said -

what are your favorite unsigned bands

i ask because i trust you people!!

- lydia

Comments

• bienvenidos. I'm Sarah.

My favorite unsigned bands would have to be:
    Last Week
    Army of Me
    Rude Buddha
    33 West

I don't think any of them have been signed yet; they are all a lot of fun to listen to.
  • Artic Monkeys
    Milburn
    IN THEROY
  • ARTIC MONKEYS
    OH
    EM
    GEE lol w00t!
  • My mates bands Sweaty Fetus and Recovery Deluxe
  • Depending on your definition of unsigned, theres two bands that I just mentioned in another thread that aren't signed here in the US at least, but have deals elsewhere in the world: Feeder, and Hell Is For Heroes.
  • I'm not scene enough to know any unsigned bands.

Some locals I like are the Cinema Eye and Earwig... and Jupiter Sunrise has a "distributer" but they're not really signed.
  • I believe Army of Me is signed.

My friends in Sleepaway were just signed to some little label in New Jersey.

Unsigned as of right now:

www.purevolume.com/believeinyou
    www.purevolume.com/cuteiswhatweaimfor
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 6 2005, 08:08 PM)
    Artic Monkeys

I think arctic monkeys are signed...well atleast they are in the UK, theyve had singles in major record shops.

My faviourite unsigned band is:

One Last Reason

and maybe also

Lindas nephew

(my band is The Silent Minority)
  • artic monkeys havnt anounsed officaly that they are signed....

at least i have been lead to belive this
  • Ah, i guess you could be right, although they have songs on itunes and in HMV, which I always thought you couldnt do without a record label.
  • they very well may be signed =)

its just they havnt ever said they have as its probally a secret deal atm or sumit
  • WHEATUS used to be with Sony, but they got really screwed by them and broke away. They were able to buy back their second album "Hand Over You Loved Ones" and re-release it on their own.....they renamed it SUCK FONY (you can get it on their website www.wheatus.com/suckfony or on iTunes) and added a couple more songs to it.....the coolest one being a cover of Pat Benatar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot".

They are releasing their latest album "TooSoonMonsoon" on their own label, Montauk Mantis, in the near future too. They're doing this entirely on their own with no tour support or anything.....I so totally love and respect them for that. They're awesome....everyone should check them out!

smile.gif