In this Discussion

Come down south!

edited November -1 in OK Go
I was lookin at the tour dates and not one of them is in the south....whats up with that? mad.gif i need my ok goodness too! after the Kaiser shows if Ok will be touring some more right? cause now that its summer i would drive basically anywhere in a six hundred mile radius, i would go more but i doubt my parents would go for that in a big way, so someone tell me, is ok go coming down south later in the summer or no? unsure.gif

dry.gif not all of us can live off country music

Comments

• Hey yeah OK GO, us Texans need our dose of OK Go too.
  • They came to Atlanta but alas, 21+. Pssshhh.

I'm just sayin'. There are some REALLY AWESOME *cough* almost-seventeen-year-old Ok Go fans out there.

But that's not what this is about! Okay! YAY FOR THE SOUTH! We love Ok Go!
  • Why do they have age limits on concerts in the US? I've only ever seen it once in the Uk and you had to be 14 and that was for a dropkick murphy's gig?

Its crazy that i'd only jus be able to drink in america now, ive been on the source for 3 years now (legally)
  • well there are curfews and stuff so i think thats a big reason they dont want kids comin out of concerts past curfew and gettin in the venue in trouble, that was the best explanation someone told me
  • yah i'm bumping this thread! cause i'm dying for another texas show.
    my first OK Go show in austin was the best!
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 5 2005, 05:20 AM)
    Why do they have age limits on concerts in the US?

There's a good explanation here:
    http://www.fruvous.com/news/faq.html#aa

It's long, but worth reading if you're really interested in reasons. smile.gif
  • Yeah there are really specific laws about people under 21 and drinking, and there are major penalties if clubs get caught servinc alcohol to kids under 21, even if they thought they were old enough.
  • I say yay for the south too!! I went to the Atlanta show, which was awesome, but attendance could have been better. I say they should come back to ATL for 3 reasons:
    1. To have summa our sweet summer corn.
    2. Just to experience 95 degrees with 100% humidity.
    3. To show me their new dance!!!!

I know, I'll climb to the top of a big crane in downtown ATL and refuse to come down until OKGO comes to rescue me. Aw screw it, the Midtown Music Festival is this weekend and I don't wanna miss Def Leopard.
    I know, I'll climb to the top of a big crane in downtown ATL and refuse to come down until OKGO comes to rescue me.

Haha. Not in this weather. I wouldn't like to see a fellow Ok Go fan die from getting heatstroke and falling off a crane. Not good for our image you know. Maybe next week it'll be freezing and raining again, you can try it then. It's like trying to breathe through a wet sponge right now. Bleeehhh.

I mean...no! Just kidding! It's not like that! It's WONDERFUL, and the boys of Ok Go should experience it in all its glory by coming down here right now and playing an all-ages show. Yes indeed.
  • What a great idea! Venturing to the south would take you through the midwest...what a lovely pitstop for you to make, GUYS. blink.gif
  • I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad..I went to orientation the past 2 days, and i saw a flyer that said Ok Go on tour at the club downunder....that's the club at florida state university where i'm going..and students get in free.....i was getting really excited...until i noticed it was in April!!!!! Come back again Ok Go, please!!
  • and please come to South Korea..!! i-i
  • New zealand.... please
    none of these places you've been before down under needws sun love 2!