In this Discussion

Today at the Office...

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I was at work today, doing some random office work, when someone came and asked me to enter and print out some invoices. In order to do that, I had to get out...

...you guessed it, PO's. And they did, indeed, need dollar amounts.

tongue.gif

Comments

• QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 16 2005, 07:17 PM)
    I was at work today, doing some random office work, when someone came and asked me to enter and print out some invoices. In order to do that, I had to get out...

...you guessed it, PO's. And they did, indeed, need dollar amounts.

tongue.gif

smile.gif too funny. Hey, I'm considering coming to Lolla.
  • Haha! I don't think you understand how hard I laughed when I read that.

Also, I'm glad to know that, they did, indeed, need dollar amounts. lol.
  • Um, that's awesome! At probably the same, I was online ordering office supplies for work. As I finished "checking out", the website sent me a little message, giving me the P.O. number for my order. But, unfortunately, there was no dollar amount. Indeed.
  • That's really sad that there was no dollar amount. I would have started yelling a la Damian laugh.gif "Do you think production wants to see a PO like this with no dollar amount????"

Matt, that would be really cool if you came!
  • why dont i get it?
  • why dont i get it?
  • QUOTE (Alexander @ Jun 18 2005, 09:45 PM)
    why dont i get it?

Have you seen the "Truth in.." videos?

If not, check this out:

PRECISION ACCOUNTING: Truth in Paperwork
  • OMG, that is hysterical! smile.gif
  • PAM i laughed soo hard at your post!
    I will never be able tolook at POs the same again!!!!!

*sigh*
  • HEY EVERYBODY
    go see them all
    they only get better:
    www.truthinmusic.net
  • ... it's true, they do only get better! Those videos are classic laugh.gif
  • Ok in my computer class he kept on talking about P.O.'s and how computers cand help when needing to fill out P.O.'s i swear i wanted to scream "a PO needs a dollar amount!"
  • that is the gretaest thing i have ever seen...i am definitely covering that song.
  • strike that. these are the greatest things i have ever seen...i am definitely covering these songs.
  • If I married the guy I'm seeing right now (not even close to happening, but for the sake of this story, let's pretend), my initials would be PO ... you know I'd be thinking about dollar amounts any time I had to initial anything!
  • Ok, so this lady at work today (one of our vice presidents, actually) was wearing a skirt that was nearly identical to the floral print that is the background of the art on the first album. It was kinda weird and entertaining seeing the pattern walking around the office all day. tongue.gif
  • You should ask her where she got it, I want one!

A few weeks ago, I got maybe 5 or 6 people (all in their 30's/40's) to come into my office, closed the door, and played the "A Million Ways" video.. they loved it!

I also told my boss (a multi-millionaire, mind you) at my last-day-of-work pary that I'll have to submit an OK Go tour schedule and that I'll need to plan my work schedule for next summer around it... he just laughed and said okay!
  • when i worked at a drycleaning place over the summer there was this pink tie that was so awesome b/c it reminded me of all the floral prints that they have on their site now...
    oh and while we're on the subject of things reminding us of ok go.. i went to ikea a few days ago and it made me think of ok go b/c it's a swedish company. lol i just kept hearing damian's voice in my head yelling "SWEDEN!" and then on the way back from ikea there was some spraypainting on this building and it looked like it said ok go.. i was very impressed biggrin.gif
  • I love ikea. I don't know why, but I do. When I'm there I always think of Tim saying "I must have you tonight" in Swedish.. but I wish he would have told us how to actually say it.
  • Thanks to this thread, I was walking to class today and I suddenly thought "Do you think production wants to see a PO like this with no dollar amount????" And then I started laughing. So I probably looked like a complete freak, walking by myself and chuckled randomly. *sigh* Oh, well. It was fun.