In this Discussion

Newsletter and Msn/Hotmail

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ok... Im just going to guess that my newsletters are coming to me blank because I have an msn/hotmail account... as Ive had problems with other bands newsletters in the past.

So yeah... my blank email aint helping me get to the "New Music + Videos!!"

Anyone care to lend a hand?

Comments

• DITTO!

help?
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Jun 21 2005, 12:56 AM)
    Ok... Im just going to guess that my newsletters are coming to me blank because I have an msn/hotmail account... as Ive had problems with other bands newsletters in the past.

So yeah... my blank email aint helping me get to the "New Music + Videos!!"

Anyone care to lend a hand?

I've been having the exact same problems.
  • I have the same problem too, BUT, I also have the newsletter coming to my gmail account and it seems to work fine smile.gif Its a charming little letter from Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, I shall copy and post it for you all to read smile.gif
  • Hello, hello!

Here's a pretty little news update. If you print it out, fold the paper in the right way, and spray it with perfume, you'll have a pretty OK Go Newsletter Flower. Fold it a different way and spray it with fish guts, and you've made a pretty OK Go Newsletter Pirate Hat. Life is fun, isn't it?

Life is even more fun for OK Go, who have a brand new sampler and a brand new video. If that doesn't make you smile, than I'll tell you they've got a new puppy named Silly Casper The Cute, too, even though it's a total lie.

The truth is down here:

Do What You Want, Buy What We Say

OK Go's latest release is a 3-song affair called Do What You Want. T'other two songs are "Invincible" and a cover of "The Lovecats" by The Cure. To Americans, a release like this is called an EP. More sophisticated people know them as singles, which they love to loudly play while wearing short pants, swilling beer, and eating liver and monkey sandwiches. It's a small world, ripe for the rocking. Do your part: you can buy this new singlEP at the iTunes Store, Amazon.com, and a host of other places. You can also listen to two of those songs, for free, on okgo.net and our MySpace page.

Do What You Want, When We Say, Over And Over Again

OK Go spent a boozy day filming the video for "Do What You Want" with director Olivier Gondry. The idea is that the band and a bunch of friends are, to quote Damian, "at a fancy dandy party where people are drunk and dancing and having a great time." Which, oddly enough, is exactly what happened. The boys rounded up everybody they know in Los Angeles, plus a few actorly people they don't know, and spent a day rocking out wildly to "Do What You Want," in front of 35 different DV cameras set up by Mssr. Gondry and his crew. Apparently, the boys had a lot more fun than is usually allowed on a video shoot, but in the end only 3 people were kicked out for being too rowdy, and none of them were in the band. But still, when was the last time you were thrown out on the street on a tuesday afternoon? Yeah, me too. But it wasn't my fault, I swear.

In closing, I'd like to thank all the OK Go fans who write me emails telling me that I'm a living god and asking for photographs. I've always resisted, but recently a Pennsylvania television station ran a news story about me, so I guess the cat is out of the bag. If you want to see a picture, and read a little bit about what I've been up to recently, click here.

Take care,

Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore
    Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore@okgo.net

http://okgo.net
  • Falknerd, thank you for posting the letter.
    However, is there any fundamental solution to the problem?
    And, what is gmail?
  • hehehehehehe ohhh Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, i miss his humour. damn msn making me miss my beloved newsletters sad.gif

there's no point me sending the newsletter to another account, as i never check them enough *sigh*

never mind

its all sunny and tim henman is soon gonna be knocked out of wimbledon! YAY!
  • darn it thats an email for the americans, if i wish to buy it the single has to be shipped allll the way over to london which seems a bit over the top. fingers crossed it comes out over here soon

ps i actually thought that was Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore for a minute, i am so thick sometimes
  • Yes ! Yes! Yes!
    thankyou i have been searching My Space for Ok Go for ages but it kept saying they didnt have an account and now i know they do biggrin.gif
    woah! fingers crossed they actually let me be their friend. woop woop this has totally made my day! smile.gif
  • They'll let you in Tash...look what impeccable taste in friends you have already!! wink.gif
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Jun 21 2005, 12:16 AM)
    And, what is gmail?

Setsumi, gmail is Google's free e-mail account that gives you 1 gigabyte of mail storage. It doesn't have a nice pretty interface, but it makes up for that with all the storage. biggrin.gif

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with the Hotmail/blank OK Go e-mail problems!
  • Yeah i get blank emails from them too. I just figured they had nothing to say?
  • I was very excited to get the email and quickly disappointed to see it blank...*shakes fist*
    But of course the forum has saved me yet again and shown me the OKGO light! Thank you again for pasting it for all of us to enjoy!
    Now we shall all do the thank you dance...but we need a goat...anyone?