In this Discussion

CHEESEY 80s/Early 90s mucic

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I am currently at work and "Never gonna give you up" by Rick Astley just came on...This song brings back so many failed attempts at creating dances at recess!

Discuss your corniest 80s/90s music moments!

Comments

• me and my co-worker talk about the safety dance, which makes us laugh cause there is a salesman who dances all funny and we start dancing like him when that song comes on.
  • HAHAHAHA SAFETY DANCE OWNS!
    I was soo deeply amused by the children and random midget running around a pole with ribbon in the video!

*le sigh*
    Hurrah for cheesey 80s!

I have early 90s craze....*clears throat*

"STEP BY STEP...OHH BABY gonnA GET TO YOU GIIIIIIRRLL...."
    Discuss the wander that was the NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK
    *breaks out into dance*
    w00t!
  • Hangin Tough... Fuckin legendary song. Vanilla Ice with Ice Ice Baby just scoops the award for 'So Bad its Good' catageory. I think he maybe my hero
  • HAHAHAHA
    HANGING TOUGH! When i come to england to pick up my milk i may just have to lend you my new kids on the block CASSETTE! You can grove to it!
    In fact you can perform ice ice baby for me...im sure u have all the dance moves down!

At our highschool prom my friend performed ice ice baby...twas classic....*tear* I MISS THOSE DAYS!

I for one perfer jump around by house of pain "pack it up pack it in let me begin i came to win battle me that a sin...i wont tear the slack up punk u better back up try and play the role and the whole crew will act up...get up stand up come on throw ur hands up...if you got the feeling jump across the cieling...."
    HAHAHAHA im so amused right now!
  • I dont dance for noone, unless im heavily bladdered. And im pretty sure if ice ice baby came on id be up there busting some moves out, JT style.

RoRo is a Hobo... that rhymes laugh.gif
  • come on eileen by dexies midnight runners. classic!!

my best friend has an 80s cd in her car, its fun lol
  • Wham! Cant get more 80's and tacky!!
  • I secretly love 80's music (I guess it isn't so secret anymore..). I was just telling someone a while ago that I'd love to hear OK Go cover Modern English's "I Melt With You" .. I heard it on the radio one day at work and automatically thought of the guys. Not sure why, but I think it would be interesting to hear.
  • haha! WHAM! rocks my world! Wake me up, before you go-go...yeah, nothing greater!

I love 80's music...from the pop to the hair bands...every bit of it is wonderful. In fact, my sister and I were just watching the 80's music video channel that we get, and it was fabulous. I could watch it all night long.

Ain't nothin' like the 80's. tongue.gif
  • Safety Dance, Step By Step, Hangin Tough, Wake Me Up...awww, this thread is too delicious.
    80's typical dance music for me is You Spin Me Round by Dead Or Alive, Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant laugh.gif
  • How about "Fantastic Day" by Haircut 100? Can't get any cheesier then that.
  • HAHAHA WHAM - good choice!
    (I am not a hobo *shakes fist at u*)

Who can forget "walk like an egyptian"

PAM - melt with you is one of my fave 80s songs...I might just die if OK GO covered that!!!

But when I think of cheese 80s I think of a few things
    DURAN DURAN (who fkn own) - THE REFLEXXXXXXXXXXXxx
    Hair Metal Bands - twisted sister - WE're NOT GONNA TAKE IT!!!!
    Corye Hart (btw iw as uber excited when he made that comeback - I WEAR MY SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT!
    Madonna - HAHAHA material girl LOL
    Sorry i am waay too excited over this 80s music discussion! HAHAH *blushes*
  • emma, nin and i danced like savages to rick astley on saturday night, it was goooood.

h xxx
  • Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax. Number 1 the day i was born... The gayanthem of the world on my birthday laugh.gif

Cheesey music sucks, just reminds me of long horrible friday nights in Jumpin Jaks. What a dump...
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 28 2005, 10:59 AM)
    Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax. Number 1 the day i was born... The gayanthem of the world on my birthday  laugh.gif

Cheesey music sucks, just reminds me of long horrible friday nights in Jumpin Jaks. What a dump...

Seems only fitting that it happened on your birthday...you street whore! hahaha I Kid cos i love!

Ahh cheese music reminds me of recess! My best friend dee and i used to make up dances...
    We made one up to Like a Prayer! Ahhhhh!

Speaking of dances...Pam...Carin...Matt....hahahhahaha
  • Haha! Yes Rose...speaking of dances...you'd better be at Lolla.

My sister and I made up a dance to Like A Prayer as well! It rocked. I still remember it, and if I've been drinking enough, I perform it for people. Quite the entertainment. tongue.gif

Anyone remember the 90's dance song, 100% Pure Love, by Crystal Waters? Yeah, we also made up a dance to that...which I have since realized is a very dirty song. But when you're seven years old, you have no idea what 100% pure love is. Good times.
  • HAHAH CARIN
    From the back to the middle and around again im gonna be there til the end 100% PURE LOVE LMAO
    hahahahhahahahahaha My cousins and i did a dance to that..cant remember it for the life of me though>...
    I dunno bout lolla yet!
    IM TRYING
    YOU BETTER COME TO TORONTO! *hugs*
    LOL
  • What SCREAMS horrible early 90s music better than...

ACE OF BASE!!!!

oh yeah smile.gif
  • HAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Ace of Base were brilliant!!!!!!! I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes!

What about Unbelievable by EMF. Now that is a tune. I wanna hear someone cover it but rock it up big time! Maroon 5 laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 27 2005, 07:38 PM)
    I secretly love 80's music (I guess it isn't so secret anymore..). I was just telling someone a while ago that I'd love to hear OK Go cover Modern English's "I Melt With You" .. I heard it on the radio one day at work and automatically thought of the guys. Not sure why, but I think it would be interesting to hear.

I still think they should cover "Sucked Out" by Superdrag.

Best 80's cover = My Sherona by the Number Twelve Looks Like You.

Me = the 80's are played out and I hate them. I'm in love with the indie rock from the mid-90's.

P.S. I think "I Melt With You" has been covered by WAY too many bands.

P.P.S. You guys should probably check out "Punk Goes 80's." Sweet jamz, yo.