In this Discussion

OH NO??? Low-Fi???

edited November -1 in OK Go
I've come in contact with one of the advanced copies of the cd, and while there's no doubt that these songs are awesome (even better than the debut cd) the album sounds really low-fi (not in a good, or cliche strokes way). The mixing sounds pretty awful. It's not polished and is at some points unlistenable. The background vocals are often too quiet, too loud, or not sweet enough. Does anyone else feel this way and will it be different on the actual release? This album could be amazing if it just had the production quality that the first album had.

Comments

• Do you think you got a copy from before they went back and put the finishing touches on it or something like that? That sounds like what happened, at least I hope so.
  • QUOTE (sparklytaco @ Jul 5 2005, 01:58 PM)
    Do you think you got a copy from before they went back and put the finishing touches on it or something like that? That sounds like what happened, at least I hope so.

While that sounds possible it doesn't sound very plausible. Best bet is either the advance copy isn't completely msastered or the orignal poster isn't a fan of the new sound.
  • how does someone get an advanced copy of an album? (Just out of curiosity of course)
  • QUOTE (sally simpson @ Jul 5 2005, 02:24 PM)
    how does someone get an advanced copy of an album?  (Just out of curiosity of course)

Copies were sent out to get reviewed, I think, and someone uploaded it online...hypothetically speaking, of course.
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Jul 5 2005, 02:07 PM)
    While that sounds possible it doesn't sound very plausible. Best bet is either the advance copy isn't completely msastered or the orignal poster isn't a fan of the new sound.

I am a complete fan of the new sound. After I heard all of these songs live, I thought that this could be the best album of the year. Sadly these recordings just aren't the greatest. I ripped the cd to my computer, and it's a copy protected cd, so I thought that may have influenced the poor quality, but then I just listened to the cd by itself, and sure enough it's just unpolished and poorly mixed. Too bad. What an amazing crop of songs.
  • the songs i have sound fine.....
  • Who cares? If they're good songs they're good songs! I like the sound, makes it sound more punk and raw. Hey! Get get get get bent mother fucker!
  • LOL MICHAAAAEEEEEL!!!!! lol

oh you're not online sad.gif i'm all bored and alone. guess i'd better go to bed then
  • the copy i have sounds pretty damn good. i'm still going to buy a real copy when it comes out, of course.

it's rare that i find a cd where i like every single song on it. "oh no" is definitely one of those cd's though!
  • ok go is one of the few bands who never have bad songs...ever.
  • well, there was one song on the first album that i almost always skipped over.

but not on on this album.
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Jul 6 2005, 09:13 AM)
    well, there was one song on the first album that i almost always skipped over.

but not on on this album.

oh do tell!
  • sorry to tim...because it's cinnamon lips.
  • If Oh No sounds low-fi, the producer Tore Jo...Jho...(damn!) might bring it to the album. Listening to his works like The Cardigans, Eggstone, Franz Ferdinand, I can feel the touch of low-fi (in a good way). Anyway, I don't know whether I like the album or not until I hear it.

QUOTE (Revolver @ Jul 5 2005, 11:11 PM)
    Who cares? If they're good songs they're good songs! I like the sound, makes it sound more punk and raw. Hey! Get get get get bent mother fucker!

Be kind and be nice, darlin'. People have their own tastes, you know wink.gif .
  • Oh No rocks my balls. I love the new sound. And YES its supposed to sound that way. If you want over-produced fluff go eat a twinkie.

Change is good. Noone wants the same album over and over again.
  • How about we just wait and see, when it's officially released, if it sounds different.

Personally I love the way it sounds, and if they don't change anything, fine, and if they do, fine. Either way, it's still OK Go and it rocks. These boys can't go wrong.

I also noticed that I used an abundance of comma's...hmmmm.
  • why is everybody getting so angry about, well EVERYTHING!!!

chill people. there's too much shit happening in the world right now to be angry here too lol
  • Haha! Exactly! Take it down a notch!

This should be a place to chill out, meet people and talk about OK Go...not a place to fight(which is what it's turned into lately).
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jul 8 2005, 12:38 AM)
    How about we just wait and see, when it's officially released, if it sounds different.

Personally I love the way it sounds, and if they don't change anything, fine, and if they do, fine. Either way, it's still OK Go and it rocks. These boys can't go wrong.

I also noticed that I used an abundance of comma's...hmmmm.

BAHAHAHAHA SO MANY COMMAS!

QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jul 8 2005, 12:43 AM)
    why is everybody getting so angry about, well EVERYTHING!!!

chill people. there's too much shit happening in the world right now to be angry here too lol

I third that, seeing that bettynlbboop is seconding that

QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jul 8 2005, 12:46 AM)
    Haha! Exactly! Take it down a notch!

This should be a place to chill out, meet people and talk about OK Go...not a place to fight(which is what it's turned into lately).

I second that