In this Discussion

OK Go needs to tour with Addison

edited November -1 in OK Go
As I'm listening to the new songs, I have decided that OK Go needs to have Addison open for them on their next tour. It would be perfect. I think OK Go fans would love Addison and Addison fans would love OK Go.

Addison is originally from Chicago but moved out to Southern California a couple years ago. A couple old Addison members moved back to the midwest. But two original members remain. Two California people joined the band. (One of which is Matt Star, the old guitarist for Rooney. He made a good decision leaving Rooney because Addison is a great band!)

I wish I knew a way to get these two bands on tour together. It would be wonderful.

Addison's Webpage

Addison's page from their last tour.

Addison's Myspace Page

Drummer Kenn's Myspace page

Lead Singer/Guitarist Josh's Myspace page

Bass Player Joe's Myspace page

Comments

• Hmmm, I've never heard of Addison, so I think I will have to check them out.

Just to throw my two cents in here...I think OK Go should tour with either The Hanks(I'm on a slight high after their concert) or Locksley...because Locksley loves OK Go.

To hell with it...OK Go, Addison, Locksley and The Hanks. Now that would rock!
  • How about Bloodhound Gang? They may not get along but that would be a really happy day for me!
  • i love addison!!! i haven't seen them play in over a year though... i miss the old guitarist (can't remember his name)... and i wasn't wowed by the new members, but it's been a while.

i have an old demo of theirs. it has the song "home" and like 3 others. do they have any more demos out yet?

i think an addison/ok go show would be very cool. i'd also throw in the blue van and i think that would be an amazing tour smile.gif
  • the new members are awesome. i just saw them in march and it was a lot of fun.

right now they have a cd out called el rodeo and it has 6 songs. it is really great. you can only get it at shows, i think. but if you go to their myspace page and send them a message...they might be able to send you a copy or something.

i wish i knew a way to get addison on an ok go tour. anyone know how??
  • No no no, they need to tour with Louis XIV. Now that would be hot.

I'm sure everyone's got a band they'd love OK Go to tour with.
  • 1) Louis XIV... gag me with a wooden spoon. Worst. Band. Ever.

2) This Band Spam belongs in the non-ok go forum.
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Jul 7 2005, 01:08 AM)
    1) Louis XIV... gag me with a wooden spoon.  Worst. Band. Ever.

To each his own. I happen to like them.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jul 7 2005, 08:23 AM)
    To each his own. I happen to like them.

Ditto kiddo. I think they are certainly a breath of fresh air...and an OK Go and Louis XIV tour would be fab!
  • Hey The Hanks are so awesome!
  • Ahh! I know, right! I saw them July 2nd...they were amazing, and too nice for their own good!

Crazy, I've never known anyone, beside my friend and I, who knew them! You rock!
  • hehe, what can i say? Thank you smile.gif

I've heard only about three of their songs though, I heard about them from watching the credits of Sevon Oh Five's movie Virtual Date 3.0. Their song Once Again is in there
  • Haha...very nice. The Hanks rock.
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Jul 7 2005, 01:08 AM)
    1) Louis XIV... gag me with a wooden spoon.  Worst. Band. Ever.

2) This Band Spam belongs in the non-ok go forum.

This thread is not bandspam. We are talking about bands that we'd like to see OK Go. If you don't like it....don't open the thread. It's a very simple concept.

I still say OK Go and Addison is a great idea.

~Jill
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Jul 7 2005, 07:26 PM)
    This thread is not bandspam.  We are talking about bands that we'd like to see OK Go.  If you don't like it....don't open the thread.  It's a very simple concept.

Oh bologna. Ill just start creating a topic for every band I love in this forum... and justify it by typing "id love to see them play with okgo" in each one.

Hey... posting in the correct forum... its a very simple concept! wink.gif
  • You are very hostile. This is a fun, friendly place. Don't take it so seriously.
  • where was the hostile in that reply? "bologna"? yeah if thats hostile then im hostile.

why cant people just say "oh hey sorry. youre right. wrong forum. my bad"

grow up.
  • i only admit i'm wrong when i actually believe i am wrong. this isn't one of those cases.

i'm pretty sure if one of the ok go guys saw a topic about other bands in this forum, they wouldn't really care at all. so i don't understand why you seem to care so much. no one else really gives a damn.

i don't understand why you bothered reading or responding to this thread in the first place.

anyway...i don't feel the need to discuss this here anymore. if you have anything else to say to me, feel free to send a private message.
  • (Yes, that is a picture of me. And no, I am not 14 years old... I am 13)

jesus christ... some people just dont get it.

Addison's Webpage

Addison's page from their last tour.

Addison's Myspace Page

Drummer Kenn's Myspace page

Lead Singer/Guitarist Josh's Myspace page

Bass Player Joe's Myspace page

...BAND SPAM??? Noooooo!!!! (can you feeeeel the sarcasm?)
  • that was so funny! hahahahahaha
    funniest post ever.
    very creative!

and those links were posted to show people the reason i think addison would go well with ok go. if they'd listen to them, they'd understand. it's not just because i enjoy both bands...it's because their music goes nicely together.
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Jul 7 2005, 10:50 PM)
    anyway...i don't feel the need to discuss this here anymore.

hmmmmm

QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Jul 7 2005, 10:55 PM)
    and those links were posted to show people the reason i think addison would go well with ok go.  if they'd listen to them, they'd understand.  it's not just because i enjoy both bands...it's because their music goes nicely together.

You know what hun? Most of the bands I like go together nicely. You dont see me spamming the boards for them. If you want Ok Go to play with all the bands you like contact their managment with that list and let them giggle at you.

The Ok Go section of the board is for posting Ok Go related material... so that those who JUST want to come here to discuss/read about the band can do so without having to skim through posts about who got their heartbroke, whos engaged, who likes what other bands, trucks, politics... etc. Is that so hard to comprehend? Not really.