In this Discussion

CHEESEY 80s/Early 90s mucic

13»

Comments

• Wheatus just did a cover of 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' by Pat Benatar. It's awesome.....I always LOVED her stuff. We used to do the "Love is a Battlefield" dance and think we were so cool.

Does anybody remember When In Rome's "The Promise"? It came on VH1 Classic the other night and I almost cried.....I used to LOVE that song!

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (bertie @ Jul 12 2005, 10:42 AM)
    Wheatus just did a cover of 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot' by Pat Benatar.  It's awesome.....I always LOVED her stuff.  We used to do the "Love is a Battlefield" dance and think we were so cool.

Does anybody remember When In Rome's "The Promise"?  It came on VH1 Classic the other night and I almost cried.....I used to LOVE that song!

smile.gif

HAHA WE USED TO DO DANCES TO LOVE IS A BATTLE FIELD HAHAHA OMG GOOD TIMES! w00t!
  • QUOTE (kujoisbetterthanyou @ Jun 29 2005, 01:19 AM)
    P.S. I think "I Melt With You" has been covered by WAY too many bands.

P.P.S. You guys should probably check out "Punk Goes 80's." Sweet jamz, yo.
    Yes! I was gonna suggest the Punk Goes 80's compilation too. Sugarcult covers "I Melt With You." Off-hand, I can't recall who covers "Manic Monday," "Just Like Heaven," and "Video Killed The Radio Star," but those tracks are way sweet. biggrin.gif
  • dude a-ha- take on me! i love that song.... plus the video was awesome. i think it was way ahead of its time!
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Jul 28 2005, 05:56 AM)
    dude a-ha- take on me! i love that song.... plus the video was awesome. i think it was way ahead of its time!

Great joke

Anyway, the 80's was owned by Micky J. He maybe a hideous freak now, but back when billie jean and beat it were coming out he was cool as ice! Best solo artist of all time... thats right elvis, i did just say that.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jul 29 2005, 04:45 PM)
    Great joke
    Anyway, the 80's was owned by Micky J. He maybe a hideous freak now, but back when billie jean and beat it were coming out he was cool as ice! Best solo artist of all time... thats right elvis, i did just say that.

My 80s were owned by bigged haired italian singers - fkn parents and their shitty choice of music!

BUT MJ did rule - he was the king....*le sigh*
  • And hes one of the only people to do a decent Beatles cover. Anyone who can do that gets Uber credit in my books! Shamone
  • SHAM ON! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At the ben folds show he did rocking the suburbs
    Let me tell y'all what it's like..being male middle class and white...its a bitch if you don't believe...listen to my new cd...SHAM ON!"
    GOOD TIMES
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Aug 12 2005, 11:51 AM)
    SHAM ON! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    At the ben folds show he did rocking the suburbs
    Let me tell y'all what it's like..being male middle class and white...its a bitch if you don't believe...listen  to my new cd...SHAM ON!"
    GOOD TIMES

what a wonderful song ...
    twas a great night indeed.. the show was so awesome
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Aug 12 2005, 12:22 PM)
    what a wonderful song ...
    twas a great night indeed.. the show was so awesome

Le sigh - we had such a good time didnt we..especially during "bitches ain't shit!"
    LMAO

Nehoo - to keep with the theme of this thread - I am currently listening to really bad ex rock - soon the 80s cheese will begin since i sent in a request to the classic cafe to play take on me by aha! LOL