In this Discussion

Here It Goes Again

edited November -1 in OK Go
OK, so I'm watching the Today show this morning and a commercial for Kmart comes on. I'm listening with one ear as I check my email, and I think, man, that guitar riff in the jingle sounds familiar. A few seconds later, my suspicion is confirmed when I hear the lyrics to "Here It Goes" (from the new album). I'm thinking, Holy Crap, OK Go in a Kmart commercial. Wow. That's a fun way to start a Tuesday.

Has anybody else seen/heard it?

Comments

• SHUT UP!

Ok, don't really. No, I haven't seen or heard this, but I will most definitely be keeping my ears and eyes open. That rocks!
  • YES! I just saw the commercial. My day has been made....very nice choice K-Mart, very nice indeed. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Jul 19 2005, 09:14 AM)
    YES! I just saw the commercial. My day has been made....very nice choice K-Mart, very nice indeed. biggrin.gif

Are you sure? What commercial was it?

That's very odd, to say the least.
  • 100% sure.

It's a K-Mart commercial and there are some boys skateboarding around the big K. It's pretty simple, and actually really dumb..but OK Go spruces it up. It's for a sale, I think.
  • awwww sad.gif i wish we had KMart so i could hear it haha
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Jul 19 2005, 08:29 AM)
    Are you sure?  What commercial was it?

Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore,
    Yes, I'm sure. I got to see it twice this morning (and wasn't late to work or anything). You know how Kmart does occasional commercials for whatever is on sale that week? Apparently this week it is kids clothes, so like BettyBoop said, there are kids skateboarding around the big K, with "Here It Goes" in the background.
    And I also agree that it is concurrently dumb and awesome. Yay for OK Go, though. rolleyes.gif
  • ewwww, K-mart sucks. This depresses me.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jul 19 2005, 08:28 PM)
    ewwww, K-mart sucks. This depresses me.

atleast you get to randomly hear OKGo on tv every now and again!
  • Ahh I have no time to watch TV!! I'll have to turn it on while I'm getting ready for work in the morning then so I can see it.
  • Has anybody else seen/heard it?

[/quote]

Yep! I was watching the Sci-Fi channel (of all things!) and the KMart commercial came on...it was OK Go's "Here It Goes Again"! Brought a smile to my face!

You'd be surprised (or not) what great exposure a television commercial is for a band. When I worked at Virgin, people would come in all the time, looking for a song they'd heard in a commercial! Think how popular "Days Go By" (Dirty Vegas) got because of the Mitsubishi ad...

Susan
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Jul 19 2005, 08:29 AM)
    Are you sure?  What commercial was it?

I just heard it as well.
    I'm definitely sure it's Here It Goes Again
  • I wanna here it:(

someone check out K-marks website,contact them for vid:p
  • god that was crazy!!!! i was watching that (not so good) brat camp show and the k mart commercial comes on and im like *why do i know this song?* i'm like shocked right now how did ok go manage getting a song thats not even their single in a kmart commercial?

*mind blown*
  • QUOTE (Alexander @ Jul 21 2005, 12:24 AM)
    god that was crazy!!!! i was watching that (not so good) brat camp show and the k mart commercial comes on and im like *why do i know this song?* i'm like shocked right now how did ok go manage getting a song thats not even their single in a kmart commercial?
    *mind blown*

BLAH NO KMART here in canada anymore...blah thats soo cool though - time to get one of my american friends to tape it and send it to me...pam...carin? lol
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Jul 21 2005, 07:14 AM)
    BLAH NO KMART here in canada anymore...blah thats soo cool though - time to get one of my american friends to tape it and send it to me...pam...carin? lol

Haha, I haven't even seen it yet. But if there happens to be a videotape in and I catch it, I'll send it your way lol
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jul 21 2005, 08:21 AM)
    Haha, I haven't even seen it yet. But if there happens to be a videotape in and I catch it, I'll send it your way lol

w00h000000000000000
    Haha this excites me!
    w00t for kmarT?
  • yep, i've seen/heard it too.
  • i want to see it too!
  • If you watch the food network or comedy central... youll see it like 50x an hour. Apparently some intern at kmart has good musical taste and good oral skills. By that I mean hes a good talker. haha. right.
  • Check it.

The NYT is on the case!

The relevant part, in case you can't or don't want to bother:
    DECADES ago, back-to-school shoppers heard commercials featuring a choir warbling a jingle that began, "School bells ring and children sing, 'It's back to Robert Hall again.' "

Now, the retailer Kmart is seeking to stimulate back-to-school sales with tunes like "At Auntie Tom's" by Fuzz Townshend and "Here It Goes Again" by OK Go - not to mention a commercial in which boys ogle the denim-clad derrière of a female classmate.