In this Discussion

OK Go Newsflash

edited November -1 in OK Go
It's not a big deal, but I thought I'd tell everyone...

My sister saw the boys on MTV this morning. There was some newscast about Lollapalooza(dealing mainly with the heat and the amazing comeback), but they were talking about the amazing bands that were there, and then they mentioned the "Hometown Hero's" and they showed a clip of dear Damian singing.

Nothing to extravagant, there wasn't even sound...but it made me happy and I thought I would share.

Comments

• Gasp! OkGo is in with the in croud
  • they are getting popular
  • I really don't think it's anything that will blow them up into something big. It was just a quick shot of Damian...people probably ignored it.

Though they do deserve to get big...
  • its kinda selfish, but i dont like the idea of ok go on mtv, i mean they are such a cool band already i dont think id like to see them be the next big thing. but you know, im sure the boys wouldnt mind so i wont complain.
  • QUOTE (Alexander @ Jul 31 2005, 08:35 PM)
    they are getting popular

Getting? I guess the last craze did die down...
  • yay for ok go!

speaking of ok go on music stations... i missed it but my brother told me the other day that they played ok go's million ways dance vid on the wedge (on muchmusic) .... w00t
  • QUOTE (Alexander @ Jul 31 2005, 08:52 PM)
    its kinda selfish, but i dont like the idea of ok go on mtv, i mean they are such a cool band already i dont think id like to see them be the next big thing. but you know, im sure the boys wouldnt mind so i wont complain.

Yeah, but you know that of any band that could get big, the guys in Ok Go wouldn't let it go to their heads--besides, I think they're too quirky to attract a big following of MTV worshipers...
  • I dunno.. Their style of music is becoming the in thing at the minute, where as before it was a bit off the mark, now with bands like Hot Hot Heat and Kaiser Chiefs doing that kind of music (emphasis on 'kind') I think they will find a bit more success this time round. Plus they'll be introduced as 'you remember that band that did that Get get get get over it song?' and quite a lot of people remember it. I know this only cos people always say 'whos Ok Go?' and i say the very same biggrin.gif
  • *sigh* i can see what alexander is saying.... and i agree. im completely selfish, but okgo's like a great little secret. im just scared that once everyone figures it out, the charm will wear off.
  • hey but at lesat we'll all be able to say "hey i knew them way before their first album was even out" or "yeah ive already seen them live so suck it you mainstream kid i'm mroe scene than you' ok well maybe not the second one but you know what im sayin biggrin.gif
  • hahaha
    all my friends know im obssessed. well, they don't believe me at first. but then they see my ok go bag. and my ok go pins. and my ok go shirts. and my ok go hoodie, and they start to get the picture.
    and most people do know them as the get over it band, which is fine.
    who really cares about everyone else? sure it's fun having ok go to ourselves, but we knew it would be INEVITABLE they would get famous. it is just taking longer than expected. it wouldve been so much more different if get over it had gotten more popular than it already was.
  • wasn't Hot Hot Heat's last album released around the same time as OKGos last album? I thought they were part of the "thing" then too. Oh well.