In this Discussion

It's Tough to Have a Crush...LIVE

edited November -1 in OK Go
I was wondering (and hoping) that somebody would happen to have a recording of "It's Tough to Have a Crush" LIVE...it doesn't have to be video...audio will suit just fine. Thanks. biggrin.gif

Comments

• yes - i'll email it to you if you want
    email me at mundanesundays@runbox.com
  • Um...hey....can I get in on that??

cla5@unh.edu
  • Thanks a bunch anangryfish! smile.gif
  • no problem
  • thanks fish, i have some tunes for trade if you're interested

www.bananadance.net/okgo.html
  • I wouldn't mind both Tough To Have a Crush versions? I can direct you to an entire album of unreleased material for your kindess young squire
  • whoever wants the song, feel free to email me at mundanesundays@runbox.com

or IM me at anangryfish if i'm online

i have lots of other fun ok go stuff that's somewhat rare, and am willing to share

love, jessie.
  • i love your signature thing angry fish what is it from? and if anyone is interested there is a ton of unreleased stuff at the yahoo address "okgosongs" the password is still "okgook" if anyone wants to put up their unreleased okgo stuff please do
  • it's from a book called Giraffes? Giraffes! which is by Dave Eggers, kind of. It's wonderfully funny, and has a sequal called Your Disgusting Head.
    http://www.haggis-on-whey.com/index.php

wonderful.

p.s: i was looking on that yahoo account. does anyone know what these songs from some album called "Appendices" are all about? I listened to a few and at first thought that it wasn't OK Go, because it was so unlike them, but some of the songs definitely are Damian's voice. It's so weird and scream-y though! Is this really early material? Is this Damian's thesis project where he made some CD? Should I not be talking about it because it's secret? I'm intrigued.
  • It's very early stuff.. but not his thesis. That's something else all together.
  • "p.s: i was looking on that yahoo account. does anyone know what these songs from some album called "Appendices" are all about? I listened to a few and at first thought that it wasn't OK Go, because it was so unlike them, but some of the songs definitely are Damian's voice. It's so weird and scream-y though! Is this really early material? Is this Damian's thesis project where he made some CD? Should I not be talking about it because it's secret? I'm intrigued."

I'm the one who sent those songs to the Yahoo! account...I got the cd "Appendices" a LONG time ago, when I was first getting into OK Go. Don't know much about the backstory of it. I assumed it was a demo cd of some sort...don't know what it was used for. I also got a cd called "Six Song Demo" around that same time (I sent some of those songs, too, except for the ones that sounded too close to what ended up on the eps that are still available for purchase!). The "Six Song Demo" one seems to have been for trying to land a recording deal or a gig because it included contact info for Damian (email and phone, and no, I didn't try either one...probably long since changed!).

Thanks for sending a song! I didn't have that one and hadn't heard it before! Could you send "It's Tough to Have a Crush" (live) as well, and anything else you might have that I don't???? I'd really appreciate it!!!!

Susan
  • those are amazing finds...
    i've got the six song demo on mp3, but that's incredible that you found the actual CD. i'm impressed
    and the tough to have a crush live is on the yahoo account now
  • The live version kicks arse! Although i still prefere the quainter acoustic one!
  • Thanks you people who uploaded so much new stuff to the yahoo account. It's been a good time going through all those old recordings. There are some sweet covers in there, too- would anyone happen to have any more lying around somewhere? I was kinda hoping that someone recorded "Prove My Love," but other stuff would be cool too.
  • Now I have another question biggrin.gif...wasn't there also a video to "It's Tough to Have a Crush" floating around? Where did THAT thing go? If you know, would you be so kind as to hook me up with that too? biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Aug 2 2005, 04:59 PM)
    those are amazing finds...
    i've got the six song demo on mp3, but that's incredible that you found the actual CD. i'm impressed
    and the tough to have a crush live is on the yahoo account now

Thank you! Got any other rare gems????

Susan
  • QUOTE (Susan @ Aug 4 2005, 07:13 AM)
    Thank you!  Got any other rare gems????

Susan

I have a lot of OK Go stuff, but I'm not sure I want to put it all on the yahoo account. I'm definitely willing to share, though. I'd just rather do it through direct email or AIM. here's a list of all my stuff:
    http://www.geocities.com/verysmallshoe/okgosongs.html

see anything you'd like, email me at mundanesundays@runbox.com, or IM me at anangryfish

love, jessie
  • Hey, yeah I am new to this board and I was hoping to also get in on that whole getting songs thing. Did that make sense? Also, is there a place where I could get the EP? If not, I would like to get those songs from you anangryfish. my e-mail is snowstar89245@aol.com <---I know it's pretty childish, but I was in 7th grade when I made it.
  • QUOTE (juniormint @ Aug 6 2005, 12:50 PM)
    Hey, yeah I am new to this board and I was hoping to also get in on that whole getting songs thing. Did that make sense? Also, is there a place where I could get the EP? If not, I would like to get those songs from you anangryfish. my e-mail is snowstar89245@aol.com <---I know it's pretty childish, but I was in 7th grade when I made it.

the EPs are available to buy through the ok go website, i believe. at least, they always have been. if you can't find them, send me an email and i'll hook you up.