In this Discussion

ALBUM REVIEWS!!! which are good!

edited November -1 in OK Go
So.. the album is reviews once and recommended once in the Alternative Press [September 2005 issue] with Underoath on the cover and has Damian in the back to school section.
Here they are:

The Review:
OK GO MASTER THEIR NO-FILLER FORMULA
OK Go must conduct straw-drawing sessions to select their singles, because all 13 tunes on Oh No could rule rock radio. The Chicago quartet have more hooks than a grade-school coat rack, and though they switch up their styles (from cowbell-clobbering rock to falsetto funk to perky psychedelic pop), their songs are categorically contagious and surprisingly smart. Singer Damian Kulash makes metaphorical references to aliens and ghosts, and then delivers a stomping tirade about television that recalls Elvis Costello's radio rant. Album-track aficionados might protest the group's relentless consistency, but Oh No rewards a larger listening contingent: People who skip to the hits.

The Recommendation:
Oh No is a buffet of teo-tapping goodness, filled with songs that range from slick and seductive to angular and aggressive. If this album doesn't make you dance, then you ain't got no feet! [If you are indeed a fan of Ok Go and are paraplegic, please forgive us. We know you'd dance if you could. Our bad.]

Comments

• QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Aug 6 2005, 10:46 PM)
    So.. the album is reviews once and recommended once in the Alternative Press [September 2005 issue] with Underoath on the cover and has Damian in the back to school section.
    Here they are:

The Review:
    OK GO MASTER THEIR NO-FILLER FORMULA
    OK Go must conduct straw-drawing sessions to select their singles, because all 13 tunes on Oh No could rule rock radio. The Chicago quartet have more hooks than a grade-school coat rack, and though they switch up their styles (from cowbell-clobbering rock to falsetto funk to perky psychedelic pop), their songs are categorically contagious and surprisingly smart. Singer Damian Kulash makes metaphorical references to aliens and ghosts, and then delivers a stomping tirade about television that recalls Elvis Costello's radio rant. Album-track aficionados might protest the group's relentless consistency, but Oh No rewards a larger listening contingent: People who skip to the hits.

The Recommendation:
    Oh No is a buffet of teo-tapping goodness, filled with songs that range from slick and seductive to angular and aggressive. If this album doesn't make you dance, then you ain't got no feet! [If you are indeed a fan of Ok Go and are paraplegic, please forgive us. We know you'd dance if you could. Our bad.]

w00t... ok go is getting such great press lately! yay for them... and i can't wait for they're album to drop
  • That was awesome...and very funny. Yes! OK Go totally deserves every good word that is said about them and their album. I love it!
  • I have a feeling this is the first of many good ones to come. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (ConversationFear @ Aug 7 2005, 11:47 AM)
    I have a feeling this is the first of many good ones to come. wink.gif

Cheers to that!
  • hehe theyre getting very little press over here so far... theyre like my secret haha biggrin.gif
  • ahhh i can't wait to get the cd. sad.gif