In this Discussion

Austin 8-24-05 show at Stubbs

edited November -1 in OK Go
I LOVED IT!! it was so fun! i love the prove my love cover and this was the first time i ever met all the guys and they were so nice, i got them all to sign my shirt it was so cool. Damian is especially like the coolest guy ever, ha he complimented my shoes!! i live like and hour and a half away from austin and we had called stubbs to see if there were still lots of tickets left and they said yeah but when we got to the show they were sold out i was so heart broken! but then like this guy came up and said that his friend had bailed on him and he had three tickets if we needed them (the exact amount we needed!!) so we got the tickets from him it was awesome! and just for those of you who dont really like the redwalls they put on a pretty good live show, i didnt like them but by the end of the night i was thinking about buying a shirt, i didnt by the way but thats cause i spent like 40 bucks on ok go....haha so did anyone else go?

Comments

• oh my god it was this month?! i thought it was in sept., probably because a bunch of other concerts i was planning on going to are... i can't believe i missed it. i'm such an idiot! grr snarl hiss. mad.gif i wouldn't have been able to go anyway since i had stuff i had to do last night. still. dammit.

oh well. knowing them, they'll probably be back soon. and i have seen them four times already. the fifth will be in no time. i hope. smile.gif
  • That sounds like such an awesome show!!!!

I saw the redwalls open up for keane this year and they put on a great live show!!!!

Im glad you had a great time! biggrin.gif
  • did they do the dance??

do you by any chance remember the setlist?
  • ya they did the new dance, which was kidna weird cause they played a million ways live and then they danced to it later lol

hmmm let me think about the setlist... im sure im gonna get a lot of this wrong but i know the songs they played jsut not really in the order

invincible, bye bye baby, good idea at the time, its a disaster, oh lately its so quiet, a million ways, there's a fire, get over it, don't ask me, youre so damn hot, the fix is in, prove my love and do what you want.

so that was all the songs in no particular order, i was kinda disappointed there wasnt let it rain

im cant remember if they played here it goes again, or no sign of life ......isn t that weird i cant remember stuff from last night. pathetic memory haha but i had only like 5 hours of sleep and it was at like 11:30 or something so thats my excuse
  • aww, "let it rain" is one of my favorites. maybe if i'm lucky they'll play it at the anaheim or hollywood show.
  • Oh the show was amazing! ABSOLUTELY amazing.
    I was so estatic to meet Damian again. And I am glad I got to meet Andy this time. In Feb, when they were here, alls he did was sign my ticket and some things.. but I got to talk to him. OH HE'S SOOO SWEET. Tim was wonderful, and Damian oh my god. Man, he's so hot. All of them are just so down-to-earth! I love how Damian just starts carrying on conversations with people and how well he communicates with all his fans, it's so awesome. I took lots of pictures of him and with him.
    The show was WONDERFUL, though. I loved the part from the play, and the dance was magnificent. I am glad I got to see the dance live!
    It was so funny when Andy was on his knees tuning Damian's guitar and Damian walks over and he's like, "This is Rusty Ross, folks! HE'S OUR BITCH!" hahaha, too great.
    I just uploaded a bunch of pictures from the concert, so I will post them here tomorrow for you Austinites/or just OK GO fans to see.

One helluva show! They were so damn hot.
  • everyone always mentions having conversations with damian. i don't think i've ever carried on a conversation with him. i've only done that with dan. no one ever mentions dan. how sad. he's a really nice guy.
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Aug 26 2005, 01:10 AM)
    no one ever mentions dan.  how sad.  he's a really nice guy.

We mention Dan all the time! Maybe we need to resurrect the "Dan Love" thread lol.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 26 2005, 10:57 AM)
    We mention Dan all the time! Maybe we need to resurrect the "Dan Love" thread lol.

I agree...resurrect that baby! ALL HAIL DAN THE MAN!!! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Aug 26 2005, 12:10 AM)
    everyone always mentions having conversations with damian.  i don't think i've ever carried on a conversation with him.  i've only done that with dan.  no one ever mentions dan.  how sad.  he's a really nice guy.

Dan is really awesome, although, I'm partial to Tim. Tim always blows me away when he speaks.

Andy and Burleigh were always fun to talk to.
    OH those were the days.
  • When we met the guys in Montreal, I think we carried on the longest conversations with Dan and Tim. Ok, Pam talked to Damian quite a bit...but I spoke to Dan the most. He's such a sweet guy.
  • QUOTE (Shortcake1681 @ Aug 26 2005, 12:10 AM)
    everyone always mentions having conversations with damian.  i don't think i've ever carried on a conversation with him.  i've only done that with dan.  no one ever mentions dan.  how sad.  he's a really nice guy.

I think Dan is that unmentioned. But I didn't get to talk to him the other night sad.gif. He vanished! I did last time, though.. he's a great guy!

Anyway, here are a few pics from the show:

• Okay, I think we should all discuss Dan's new outfit biggrin.gif
  • it's...blue

(sidenote: I just love Stubb's. Seeing the stage backdrop in those pictures makes me nostalgic for shows past.)

In that picture of the gumball machine thingy, are those stickers?
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 26 2005, 05:16 PM)
    Okay, I think we should all discuss Dan's new outfit  biggrin.gif

Only man I've ever seen that can wear powder blue pants and still look like sex on a stick. wink.gif
  • dan's new outfit is pretty good. i like the blue. it looks like his shirt is see-through though. i'm not a fan of see-through clothing.

the outfit he wore at the concert i saw in march was lovely.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Aug 26 2005, 05:33 PM)
    it's...blue
    (sidenote: I just love Stubb's.  Seeing the stage backdrop in those pictures makes me nostalgic for shows past.)

In that picture of the gumball machine thingy, are those stickers?

Temporary tattoos, I believe!
  • His outfit is quite snazzy...but nothing compares to the shirt that he was wearing at Lollapalooza. It left me speechless, I swear. Sadly I didn't get a picture of it, but Pam did. It's pure beauty.

This picture totally does not do justice. I'd also like to mention how the camera people at Lolla were really pissing me off.. totally blocking my view at points. Jeez!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 26 2005, 11:46 PM)

This picture totally does not do justice. I'd also like to mention how the camera people at Lolla were really pissing me off.. totally blocking my view at points. Jeez!

*sigh* And there it is. It makes my heart stop. lol. Honestly though...he looked so good. The morning light, his striped shirt, and the red sunglasses he was wearing beforehand...very rockstar yet very refined.