In this Discussion

Austin City Limits

edited November -1 in General Discussion
So, in three weeks I'll be headed to ATX for three days of music, fun and...sun.
Is anybody else going? Anybody been before?

Comments

• i think im goin on saturday, but thats it
  • Being an Austinite... HELL YES!
    I've been the last couple of years, too.

It is so effing hot. I can't even stress how hot it is going to be. I think I might still have a bit of red from last years festival!

I don't think it is going to be as amazing as last year, unfortunately. Last year was amazing! Cake, Howie Day, Franz Ferdinand, Ben Kweller, Spoon, The Killers.. wow, it was terrific.
    But this year will be good, and hopefully won't be AS smooshed. Last year there were sooo many people. Ten thousand are coming in less this year, so I guess that's pretty good.

Who are you going to see?

I'm going to see Built to Spill, Deathcab for Cutie (who I just CAN NOT get into, but my friend loves them, so hopefully it'll be okay), Jet, Oasis on Saturday. I was so upset that they took the Futureheads off. They were going to be the first on Saturday on one stage, but now they're replaced with some chick.. BAH. Eisley, The Bravery, Jason Mraz (maybe), Franz Ferdinand, Coldplay for Sunday. Mates of State, maybe Kasabian, Spoon, Kaene, and maybe Blue October for Friday.

Looks like they have done some rearranging of the line up.. hmm..

Oh well, should be fun... and scorching.
  • Yep yep. I'm going. And as stated above, the worst thing about it is the unforgiving, God-forsaken heat. But maybe we'll be lucky this year. *crosses fingers*

I actually like the line-up better this year. The "big names" aren't as good (ok, maybe I'm just saying that because Pixies played last year), but I'm digging the smaller acts more. I'm bummed that I'll miss Franz this year though, but I must see Wilco again. There's too many bands I want to see to name, but I'm hoping to catch some acts that I missed at SXSW, namely Doves and Ambulance Ltd.

One thing I was pretty impressed with last year was the food. Sure, it was a tad expensive, but it was really tasty local stuff. People say the water is expensive, but you can bring in two bottles yourself, and if you bring two giant half-frozen litre bottles, you're pretty set for the day. smile.gif
  • Yeay! ACL is this coming weekend.. sadly I won't be there, but SBC will have live feeds of it on their site. Poison, you'll have to let me know what shows you and Guytron24 are planning on going to, so I can watch for you.. or any crazy signs you might have wink.gif
  • Ah! I hope you guys have fun....poison, keep me posted on all that happens. And definitely let me know who you're seeing.

I'm still holding onto hope that Voodoo will be moved closer to me. Hey, it could happen!
  • I'll be there!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 20 2005, 11:54 AM)
    Poison, you'll have to let me know what shows you and Guytron24 are planning on going to, so I can watch for you.. or any crazy signs you might have  wink.gif

No plans for any crazy signs...or shirts (sad, I know) and actually Guytron24 isn't coming anymore sad.gif
    But, the good news is, I've set up camp at my brother's cozy house, and it looks like Hurricane Rita won't be hitting Austin as hard as we thought.
    Since you asked, I'm hoping to see: Kasabian, Spoon, Blue October, Aqualung, Death Cab, The Walkmen, Jet, Bloc Party, Oasis, Eisley, KAISER CHIEFS, Franz (second time in 5 days!), and Coldplay. And several of those bands are doing autograph signings, too, so I'm gonna hit some of those up as well.
    Sweetpea0431, BettyNLBBoop, and Guytron24, it won't be the same without you. And don't be surprised if you get a random (and really loud and undecipherable) phone call from me from one of the shows... cool.gif