In this Discussion

Who bought the new album?

13»

Comments

• ...well, not the cloud of mystery or the fur coatthing, that was someone elses and mine...respectively
  • everyone who didn't get it should try to get it this week...who knows? maybe there could be a Billboard showing cause Ok Go is ultra-fabulous.

Thank god for this cd, I was having the worst weekend ever and it cheered me up a lot.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Aug 31 2005, 11:02 AM)
    Thank god for this cd, I was having the worst weekend ever and it cheered me up a lot.

Any word on when you'll get to go back to school?
  • the guy from the barnes and noble by my work on my lunch break: "the computer says it's here, no one put it on the shelf. let me check the back.........nope, it's not there either but the computer says it's here...nope, we didn't sell any (maybe because you didn't put it on the shelf tard)...must be here somewhere"

p.s. did i mention that the computer says it's here?
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Aug 31 2005, 11:04 AM)
    Any word on when you'll get to go back to school?

No...they're not expecting to get the water out of the city for at least a week, then it will be probably a month before power is restored, and we can't go back before that and water are available.
  • I woke up on Tuesday morning and thought, "It's August 30th....OH MY GOD 'OH NO' COMES OUT TODAY'!!!!" I don't quite know how I didn't realise it prior to Tuesday morning. But, anyway, I went out and found it at the first place I looked, Coconuts. (I did have to ask somebody who worked there, I'd missed it on the New Releases rack, it was on the side in like, the middle shelf. Grr. That is not the place for OK Go!) It was $15.99, which is okay, I mean, I could have probably found it cheaper somewhere else, but I'm impatient, and besides, it's OK Go!

Hey, has anybody else thought that some of the songs sound a little Franz Ferdinand-ish? The beginning of "A Million Ways" strongly reminds me of FF...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, FF is my second favourite band (to OK Go)...I just thought it was kind of interesting. Heh. Maybe it's just me.
  • I GOT IT I GOT IT I FINALLY GOD IT MWAHHAHAH
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Sep 2 2005, 10:26 PM)
    I GOT IT I GOT IT I FINALLY GOD IT MWAHHAHAH

*gasp* where did u find it????
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Sep 2 2005, 10:06 PM)
    *gasp* where did u find it????

The hmv at Eaton Centre. they didn't have it on shelf so I asked the girl to look it up and she said "Yah we shuld have it SOMEWHERE, gimme a few minutes" and she went to the back and found it for me!
  • nice... i can't wait until i get my own copy... rose ordered us a couple so hopefully they'll be in soon .... i'm hoping b4 i leave for uni *crosses fingers*
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Sep 2 2005, 10:14 PM)
    nice... i can't wait until i get my own copy... rose ordered us a couple so hopefully they'll be in soon .... i'm hoping b4 i leave for uni *crosses fingers*

How much longer till you leave?
  • QUOTE (Vendro @ Sep 2 2005, 11:27 PM)
    How much longer till you leave?

well i'm not sure exactly... i was suppose to leave sunday but doesn't look like that's gonna happen anymore.
    i think it'll probably be tuesday, thursday at the latest.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 2 2005, 09:17 PM)
    Hey, has anybody else thought that some of the songs sound a little Franz Ferdinand-ish?  Heh. Maybe it's just me.

You are definitely NOT the only one who has made that comparison. wink.gif
  • Its only a coincidence... Ok Go were doing this kinda music years before franz ferdinand. They were pretty indie before their first album came out cos my mate used to watch em in sunny scotland. You can compare Franz Ferdinand to about 50 bands out at the moment.
  • has anyone seen that Oh No has been put on Uk import ban? I was lucky and got a copy from the first order, but if you try and get it from HMV they can't order it anymore which is lame!
  • that'd be cos the release date here is 17th october lol