In this Discussion

Element

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I drive a Honda Element, just curious if that counts as a truck or not... because it's sort of like a car in confusion, so it may of come out of it's closet and become a truck or what not. Or the other way around. Any thougths?

Comments

• you got a picture?!?!
  • ahhh, I think those cars are so ugly--no offence. They look like a box on wheels.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jul 4 2005, 11:50 AM)
    ahhh, I think those cars are so ugly--no offence. They look like a box on wheels.

hahahahhahahahaha i love the brutal honesty!
  • my mom drives one. i call it a roller skate, but its drive nice and its nice on the inside. i love things that are different, so yah it think it nifty for some reason
  • they arent very aerodynamic(i dont kno if i spelled that right).i bet they dont go very fast.do they?
  • QUOTE (Tanto628 @ Jul 3 2005, 09:56 PM)
    I drive a Honda Element, just curious if that counts as a truck or not... because it's sort of like a car in confusion, so it may of come out of it's closet and become a truck or what not. Or the other way around. Any thougths?

I know various states classify it as different things, Ohio classes it as an SUV but I believe earlier models were at some point classified as a truck.

QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Aug 18 2005, 01:28 PM)
    they arent very aerodynamic(i dont kno if i spelled that right).i bet they dont go very fast.do they?

They've got some decent pickup-- my mom was concerned when she found out it was a 4 cylinder. The sales guy laughed at her when she said 'Oh, it's a 4 cyl, am I going to have problems speeding onto the highway?', laughed in her face and said 'Just drive it.', and he was right.
    I speed along quite fine. And the ride is nice and smooth, it's fairly easy to not notice you're going 80 in a 55 zone. unsure.gif

I don't think I'd trade it for another car now that I have one. It's been my first new car, and I spoil it, even got personalized plates for it. Not only did I get the 'ugly suv/box on wheels (I prefer the term 'mini hummer')', I got it in the 'ugly color' which is this reddish orange color with grey/black paneling and interior. It's my little tiger suv.
    We were originally considering the Pontiac Vibe, but good god that thing is small. My legs wouldn't fit under the wheel, it was so low, and the back window was rediculously tiny, which meant tons of blind spots. We test drove both (Well, I couldn't test drive the Vibe because of the leg thing, but my mom did.), and the clear winner was the element.

Besides, it's not a box on wheels, a Scion XB is a box on wheels.

Seriously, though, the element is great, it has tons of room, and I mean, it has a tent addon so you can camp in the thing. Now that's roughing it.
  • I don't like trucks... nor do I like to drive them... I might change my mind some day. =\