In this Discussion

My Wonderful Fun Filled Week Of OK Go Shows...

edited November -1 in OK Go
Haha so ok, I haven't written any reviewage type stuff yet but I just wanted to post as I have been away for so long and I really miss usual whorage haha biggrin.gif

SO yea, I went to 5 shows in 7 days... Liverpool, WOlverhampton, Nottingham, Cambridge and London. Would've gone to Brighton but money (and also the need to get someone to the airport very early thew next day) inhibited this.

But yea, I had a really awesome time and I got a birthday card signed by the guys (awwww how cute haha) which was really cool. And also, am (along with Ryan) totally in love with merchandise Mike haha... although we didn't get to say goodbye as Andy was ill and so he had to leave *sigh* burt yea he's SOOOOOO cool haha!!

Also, Dan, you're THE SWEETEST guy I think i've ever met haha. I adore you. You made my travels amazingly worthwhile (I know Dan will never read this, just yuo know, felt I had to tell everyone about the Dan loving haha). Damian, you're just so beautiful. Even if you are talking about eating spleen and bone marrow, and throwing bottles. Thanks for the pen haha! And Andy, well I only spoke to you when I was drunk, and I apologise for what I may have said. But thanks for getting the other guys to come meet us at Wolverhampton biggrin.gif And Tim, ahhh, genius haha. You're so tiny and weird (in a totally cool way haha) and thanks for making me feel stupid for it not being near my birthday smile.gif

So yea, I'll write reviews tonight fingers crossed haha.

I officially have just had THE BEST WEEK ever hahah!

Comments

• welcome back jen! so glad you've been having a blast... can't wait to hear all about it!
  • jen so cool! tell all..
  • smile.gif 5 shows in 7 days. I'm only on 3 shows in one year. You are cool.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 17 2005, 04:03 PM)
    Would've gone to Brighton but money (and also the need to get someone to the airport very early thew next day) inhibited this.

Sorry unsure.gif

But it was REALLY great!! and bless Dan <3 and Damian! skinny, but hottt! Tim is smaller than me!! thats small!!

Lol! I'v had the best weekend everrr!!

luv u Jen <3
  • I'm glad you had loads of fun Jen! Oh yeah, welcome back! We missed you. biggrin.gif

I'm looking forward to those reviews. wink.gif
  • I'm so jealous of you. Someday I want to be able to do that too...5 shows is more than I've seen Ok Go ever. alas.
  • lucky lucky lucky
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Oct 17 2005, 06:45 PM)
    lucky lucky lucky

Ooooh, Franz Ferdinand!

Sorry.

Back to Jen's awesome 5-shows-in-7-days post!
  • Insane! 5 OK Go shows in 7 days! That's a lot of fun to report and we expect you to...whenever you get around to it, of course.

...hm, the most i've done was 3 okgo shows in the span of i think 11 days (yeah, that's more accurate) and that was sooo awesome.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Oct 17 2005, 09:03 AM)
    SO yea, I went to 5 shows in 7 days... Liverpool, WOlverhampton, Nottingham, Cambridge and London.

wow! and i thought my 4 shows in 8 days was impressive. sheesh. and i can't say that i've ever partied with ok go either. i'm jealous, jen.

tell us more!
  • You areSO lucky! Now hurry up and report all! So you were at the Shepherds Bush gig then? I kept seeing people and wondering if it was you lmao
  • THIS JUST IN!

the jen has no end.

welcome back.
  • hahahaha im soooooo wasted

dont u juist love university computer systems

me and my friend franjkie are talking soooo loud its untrue. i thin we better go home. sorry for disturbance. love you guys sooooo much. dan, i want your babies. seriously, du,py ur ho' hahaha. somw guy trued to kiss me tonight. nob. i lovge ryan hehe.

nblaaaaaahhhhhhhh

i love you biggrin.gifF

frankie SAYS DAMIAN IS FUCKING HOT
  • hahahaha i love drunken messages. I wonder what time it is in the U.K. right now.

Damian definitely is a sexy beast.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAH greatest thing ever!

oh jen i love yoU!
  • that message was 1:30sumthing in the morning!

jen so hardcore! =p
  • actually that message was 2.30 something in the morning. right after we went out, and i fell into lots of mud and then sat in the computer centre and got it all over the chairs hahaha.

i introduced my friends to flaming sambucca, haha, sooooooo fun biggrin.gif

i apologise for message, ummmm i have no idea what half of it is supposed to say. But its pretty damn funny if you ask me haha.

And when i woke up this morning, not only was I still drunk, but there was ketchup ALL OVER my kitchen for some inexplicbale reason hahaha. and mud all over my leather sofa. lmao.

*apologies board* and i should get my internet at home sorted by this time next week. yayness. haha. i miss you guys!!
  • its all about the drunk jen!

infact i demand your on here drunk at least once a week =p
  • hahah i love jen when she is drunk

u are much easier to film that way LOL
  • *BUMPAGE*

ahhh, I should've really done this sooner but it's pretty hard to find internet time when its not in your house.... Anyways, got me my internet sorted now, so here goes...

Liverpool, 7th October

I had to get the coach from London to Liverpool, and it took 2 hours longer than expected. Not only was I uncomfortable, I was surrounded by weird Ukranians who were REALLY annoying and two women who were talking about yoga and how they get up at 5 in the morning and meditate for 2 hours. I wasn't impressed. I was convinced (thanks to newletter) that OKGo were playing first, so I managed to convince the man i was staying with to come see the guys with me. I was wrong of course, The Cinematics opened the show. I was highly suprised, having low expectations of the opening band, they blew me away. They were actually incredible. Their set was also made humorous by 2 crazy fans dancing away in the middle of the room. Ok Go were amazing, as they always prove to be. It seemed they played more songs this night than on any other. Some girl (who was stood next to me in the audience) shouted 'the fix is in' so they played that too along with generic setlist
    *Don't Ask Me
    *No Sign Of Life
    *Here It Goes Again
    *You're So Damn Hot
    *Good Idea at the Time
    *Get Over It
    (*The Fix is In)
    *Oh Lately its So Quiet
    *Invincible
    *Do What You Want
    Obviously, wonderfully followed by dance to A Million Ways... which Damian said the were 'fucking shameless' for doing but hah, you gotta love the genius behind their plan. I had to leave as soon as they finished as my friend was pretty annoyed about having to stay like an hour later than he said he would.... i think he wanted to nail his housemate.... it was also damians 30th birthday today, but i didn't discover this until monday at wolverhampton smile.gif

Wolverhampton, 10th October
    This day I travelled with Ryan to wolverhampton. We got there at 3, so we were pretty early.... we had A LOT of time to kill, which lead to much drinking in pub. The venue for this show was VERY strange... there were massive tables with chairs everywhere, and the hall was quite oversized to what would actually have been needed capacity wise. The lights at this show were really pretty. Damian wore bright red trousers - they looked sexy lol. Andy has on the exact same clothes as he did on friday *strange*. The show went well, setlist as above, and then when it came to the all inmportant dance they xouldn't get the stage lights to work, so they got on the floor into the crowd. my favourite 'dance' of the entire week. Didn't feel as much of a tit singing along with ryan by my side singing too smile.gif Ryan got Tim to come and say happy birthday to me. he is a funny little guy, he really made me laugh. The cinematics were amazing again, i had told ryan how good they were and he was surprised too. I got okgo's setlist this night, and then i met all the guys (excluding dan) as brendan benson (who turned out to be a bit of a nob, sorry if you guys like him) played. Spoke to Damian and Andy, while Tim got donated some shoes from a strange girl (more about these later on) but we had to leave quite early again due to having to rush to catch a train to nottingham....

Nottingham, 11th October
    Wow, Nottingham is a nice place, but annoyingly hilly. And as ryan said, it has a large ratio of weird to normal people, which was highly apparent as we walked around hehe. I had to buy new clothes today cos I felt dirty. this clearly didn't bother Andy though, who was wearing the same clothes again hehe. As we were waiting for doors to open, we went into a pub and low and behold Dan walked in. strangely enough, it was just after 'don't ask me' had finished playing on the jukebox.... Anyway, we had a really nice talk and i showed him my old school badges haha, thats rght, i'm hardcore!!! Dan seemed genuinely sorry for missing me the night before and told me he would sign all my stuff that night. I was drunk for this show, which was moved from rock city into the rescue rooms, and we missed the cinematics as it started so damn early. We went into the venue at 8pm just as okgo started playing don't ask me, which i was pretty bummed about. being drunk, i thought i'd missed a lot more of the show than i actually had. Here comes the best part. Ryan got me a birthday card signed by OK Go, along with a signed t-shirt. It was a really wonderful surprise!! OK Go were amazing tonight, damian's voice was a little sore (or so i'm told) so they played a violent femmes cover instead of oh lately its so quiet. It was strangely fun, as damian ended up right behind me and ryan shouting his head off, (he has such beautiful teeth!!!) and being all, well, damian lol.

After the wonderfulness of corowd dancing the day before, the normal dance seemed a little average, but it also went down without a hitch. As Brendan Benson was playing we hung around the nerch table and got friendly with Mike ( the merch guy) and The CInematics. I think they are some of THE nicest guys i have EVER met in my life. The shoes which had been given to Tim the day before were on the merch table for sale for £2.... the cinematics donated them to us, and they all signed them. Then we got all og OKGo to sign them. Brendan benson, on the other hand, wasn't being exactly friendly (or polite) and refused to sign the shoes. We hung around for so long after the show that I think the security guards thought we were with one of the bands, and we ended up getting into the club next door for free with the cinematics!! So yea, more drinking, boogying etc etc. And then Damian shows up (he had been in the bar next door talking to somebody about sound or something lol). He’s pretty wasted and appears to enjoy standing at the back of the mass of dancing bodies and just watching. SO ryan and I go and dance with him to ‘an honest mistake’ by the bravery, damian dances pretty pretentious like…. But you know what, he’s hot so he can pull it off haha. Ryan talks to me about Damians ‘pervy’ smile while he sings… I’d call it suggestive, seductive maybe haha, but who cares. So then, as we’re stood near the bar somebody throws a bottle of beer on the floor and it smashes. Enter damian’s eyes lighting up like a small childs at christmas…. As ryan is beding down to tie his shoelace a beer bottle goes flying past his face about 2 inches away…. Right from damians hand. Thanks for nearly hitting my boyfriend over the head with a bottle damian (although you have apologised for this and reinacted it with us lol) that wouldn’t have been a very fun instalment to the story hehe. Oh yea, Dan offers to put us on guestlist for the Cambridge show was we really want to go but can’t really afford it. Yay, more shows!!!!

Cambridge, 13th October
    So we get there and Dan hasn’t put us on the guestlist. Thankfully ryan and mike have gotten pretty ‘pally’ (lol that’s so not a word) and so we just get someone to get mike who vouches for us and we get in for free. Then dan saunters over, saying he was just coming outside to get us from the queue. Hmmmmm… There appear to be lots of okgo fans in Cambridge, and we teach mike the word QUID as he apparently doesn’t like to say pounds, and when people ask him how much things cost he just says the number. He charmingly says it with some distorted british accent, its quite cool. Why can’t I remember anything about this show?? We spent most of the night talking to mike and dan. Everytime I go to take a photo of andy he notices me in the crowd haha. Mike says he’ll get us guestlist for the London show (meaning we can bring 2 of our friends for okgo fun!!!) We get back to the station only to find there are no trains and it takes us 3 hours to get back to London and we consequently miss a friends bitrthday party. It was totally worth it!!

London, 14th October
    So my friend Kim from Denmark arrives and we go to the show with our friends. We get given our guest passes with privileged AFTER SHOW highlighted on them. WOOT!!!! The show is really cool, although to our dismay mike isn’t working on merch as the venue has its own merch guy (who is boring and sounded pretty gormless and was in NO way as cool as mike haha) so we don’t get to see him for a long time. We talk to dan again, asking him where everyone is, he doesn’t really know lol. The show was amazing and my friends thoroughly enjoyed themselves… Through the power of Dan we manage to smuggle my Danish friend into after show too, and dan tells me he saw me singing along and gives me a massive goodbye hug (ahhhh, my final show blues sad.gif) and ryan one also. We never see mike again as he goes home with andy who reportedly wasn’t feeling too well…

I can’t be bothered to write anymore, I’ve just writeen like 1600 words about okgo and I have coursework to do lol, I should really start it!!!

ANYWAY, needless to say, yea, it was by the best week of my life, and so much fun, and I love OK Go more than ever… and my show count is now oooooh, 7!! YAY!!! Lol smile.gif

Congrats to anyone who finishes this and sorry for all the typos, jen xxx