In this Discussion

Good Mornin America

2»

Comments

• he talked about how your arms should move like axes
    and they dressed like they normally dress these days. sexilicious.
  • QUOTE (bettyNLBboop @ Oct 21 2005, 07:51 AM)
    They showed a couple little clips throughout the show of the guys dancing outside, but it wasn't anything special. So yeah, the last 10 minutes was the big deal.

It also mad me made because Diane Sawyer kind of made it seem like these were just four guys who got drunk, danced a bit in their backyard, videotaped it and got famous from that...and they're just lucky because they can also play music. It irked me. Might also be te fact that I'm running on 3 hours of sleep...who really knows.

I couldnt agree more, Sawyer kept talking about them as the lighthearted 'fluff' on a Friday sad.gif they made no real mention of them actually bein the best friggin band out there right now, just made them sound like 4 down on their luck musicians who spent their last $20 on the clip and miraculously saved their careers via the internet. And whats this with "their first album only sold 200,00 copies"? How many albums have you sold fart monkey????? Arghhhhhh!!!! The only thing tht maade me happy was that the boys got some serious mainstream publicity and hopefully get some album sales out of it. I am done with my rant....... tongue.gif
  • I totally agree that the GMA program (and most media for that reason) TOTALLY "oversationalized" the whole thing, made it sound like these were just "some guys" who decided to fool around in the back yard, and got "amazingly lucky" that their video has become a "mass hysteria" on the internet (which I really doubt...) They always want to make everything sound "SO AMAZING"!!! It was barely at all metioned (or hinted at by showing the album cover on the screen for a second) that they are a band who actually play music and this "dance" is just something "extra"... Damian tried to say something about that it was really just to practice for thier live shows, but I think it was totally LOST on everyone... AND what in the HELL was the deal with that retard wanting to dance with them !?!!?!?! GEEEEZZZUSSSSS!!! How fucking annoying to be on national TV to show "your thing" and some dumb ass wont get out of the way !! Ugh... the whole thing was just annoying...
    HOWEVER, think of all the 40-50 year old "soccer moms" that are probably going to run out and buy the album now !! They of course will think they are some "dance band" though, and probably don't even realize they have a CD out...
    I wonder how OkGo feels about this experience...
    I suppose in the long run it was a good thing for them, as far as their popularity...

-Randy
  • i always thought body like a battle axe meant something totally different
  • I was always unsure of what the meant by Body like a battle axe... but as far as GMA I was less than impressed with the way they treated them.

However... Saturday, I was at the bar and I looked up at the big tv where there was normally football on... and it was Ok Go! I was soo excited I interrupted Chase (my boyfriend) and a friend of his like mid sentence and made him look at the tv. It was the boys dancing on Mad TV, must have been a rerun... I just thought it was really cool that like right at that moment there were like 2oo people who may have never seen ok go before seeing them on tv.
  • Not to confuse the situation... BUT...

"Body Like A Battle Axe" is about the same thing as "built like a brick shithouse"... laugh.gif
  • I wish they had showed the whole dance, and I also wish that guy (I don't even know his name) was not screwing up dancing alongside them! He was very annoying and I would have swung at him with my AX HANDS.