OK Go + NPR

edited November -1 in OK Go
(Copied from something I just posted in the OK Go LJ community, so if you're there too, you're seeing this twice. Sorry.)

Many of you have probably heard about the tour OK Go did with This American Life for TAL's fifth birthday. Because I'm an NPR nerd and because I spend a lot of time alone in my office, I've been working on a project: Listening to all the TAL archives, in order. (Shut up, I already said I'm a nerd.)

This week I reached December 2000, and thought everyone would like to hear Birthdays, Anniversaries and Milestones. The edited show (top RA link) does contain some OK Go, but for the full stuff, scroll down to the First and Second Half audio.

And while we're talking about NPR, I think the link for the "Million Ways" story on All Things Considered may have already been posted, but if you missed that, here it is again.

Enjoy!

Comments

• Very cool...I'm stuck in the office all weekend, and this will keep me from throwing myself out the window onto Broadway for at least another couple hours.

And speaking of NPR/TAL nerds...you've listened to the 9/23 show, right? Is that Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore talking about deodorant, or what?
  • QUOTE (Sadie @ Oct 29 2005, 03:58 PM)
    And speaking of NPR/TAL nerds...you've listened to the 9/23 show, right?  Is that Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore talking about deodorant, or what?

I forgot about that! But I'm pretty sure that was the very same Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, and I saw those Mitchum ads he talked about on our subways in Boston, too. Made me laugh.

He also did that story about the improv group... Right Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore? Are you here?
  • I just finished listening to the show...quite excellent. I particularly enjoyed listening to the dance. I can't believe they put it up uncut, but it's kinda great that they did.

I remember that story about the improv group. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore actually advertised that on the boards and stuff, though- he's been strangely silent about the Mitchum thing, but I guess it wasn't his story. Not to mention that he hasn't been saying much of anything recently.

Those Mitchum ads were awful, though, weren't they? The whole campaign seemed random & inconsistent to me, but I guess I'm hardly their target audience.